Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

50 Mbps Comcast HSI, problems with HDX streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 Mbps Comcast HSI, problems with HDX streaming

I'm having a problem getting HDX streaming to work consistently on my LG NetCast LHB-975 HTiB. I get frequent buffering events when I try to stream an HDX movie; however, my speedtest results at www.speedtest.net are consistently 60Mbps down/20 Mbps up. My results at speedtest.vudu.com, however, vary from 60Mbps down to as little as 2.5 Mbps down. Any suggestions? I've seen many people have had similar problems but I haven't seen anyone have such varying results from the VUDU speedtest site.

Re: 50 Mbps Comcast HSI, problems with HDX streaming

I'm having the same problems. I have integrated VUDU with my Mitsubishi LCD TV: Model LT-52249. It's extremely frustrating! I noticed more of a problem when trying to watch HDX during east coast "peak hours" 7pm-11pm. It's especially worse on weekends too (Friday / Saturday night). I hope VUDU is able to correct this problem.

Comment

Im starting to wonder if the HDX streaming isnt quite ready from prime time. Main reason I bought a second BX100 to just download them.

Comment

HDX is ready for "prime time" the issue that I see being reported here is that the bandwidth going from his ISP to the VUDU speed test node drops to 2.5 mbps.

Without an consistant bitrate across all paths from the VUDU site to your home, streaming content at a high bitrate will introduce these buffering messages.

Comment

I did not say HDX wasnt ready for primetime, thats all I use. I said "streaming". I see where others are having the issue on other forums, and its why Im not willing to sacrifice PQ for streaming. Im really irritated Vudu went away from boxes, because many of us just cant get fast enough HSI to stream HDX at full PQ. I think their move was premature.

It was a great idea to get out there on tv's and br players, but they should kept making the BX100 a couple of more years. Reason I bought a spare, I can only get 4mbps DSL in my area, so downloading HDX is the way for me.

Comment

Going back to my original question, any suggestions? It's not just some ISP, it's Comcast, so I'm sure I'm not alone with this problem.

Comment

This is what I did

1. make your lg machine or other device a Static ip
              2.open up ports 8100-8199 and 13200-13299
              3. get a cat 6 cable spec wize it won't do anything but it does provide a cleaner singal

That probobly won't work but it will maximize the configuration.

What I did to find out weather it was comcast or vudu was give it a speed test on Vudu web's site and it was confirmed my speed was slower than 4mbps. To confirm it more while this was buffering I put on netflix and I was not buffering but I was getting a very poor quality picture which usually represents poor singal.

What worked for me was to change the WAN ip address. I have comcast and I have a residental setup of 16mbps standard. It is said to have a dynamic Ip address but everytime I unplugged it and repluged it in it came up with the same IP address. The work around is as such.

Everytime Comcast plugs into a network card, router or any device it assigns an ip address to that device. It does this by using the device Mac Address. What that means if I hook up my modem to the nic card I will get a differnet Ip address then I would if I hook up my modem to a Router. because the MAC address is different on every network device. it's a 12 digit hexadecimal number to identify that network device.) However if I'm plugged into that router and I just want to reset it to the same device the ip address of the router is what Im going to get.

The work around is as such

you can go into your setup page of your router, and clone another mac address of another nic card or device. instead of using the router mac address (which will be your default because your modem is hooked up to it.) In your router you will look for the field clone mac address. After you find that field you will imput the mac address you copied on paper and input it in the clone field in the router. when you do that comcast will think your router is that other device because it using that mac address you gave it by typeing it in the clone field so now you a different Wan IP. So now that you are confused and have no idea what I'm talking about I will try to explain it in detail.

This is what I did I unplugged my modem from my router and powered off the modem. I have a few old laptops I plugged in my modem to the laptops directly. I let it assign an ip address to the laptop that the modem was plugged into at that time. After I did that I copied down the mac address on paper. I found out the Mac address by typing in the command prompt ipconfig /all. Sometimes the laptop might have the MAC address listed on the bottom of the laptop. After I did this a few times (with different laptops) and had my mac addresses copied down I hooked up my router the usual way and I went into the setup page and typed the mac address in the clone field in the router that I was going to try. if VUDU was steady then it woeked if not we repete the fuction putting in another mac address. When you do this Comcast will think your router is another device and give it a differnet Ip address.

What I noticed was most of my ip addresses (using different laptops) was getting an ip of 98.xx.xx.xx.xx On one of my laptops I got a 66.xx.xx.xx.xx That was better but it didn't clear up the problem. so I finally found a laptop that gave me a 74.xx.xx.xx and believe it or not it worked. I have not had one rebuffer in 1080p singnal 10pm or 6am Before I did this i always had rebuffering problems

Please let me know how it worked out

Comment

I went from non stop buffering issues to no buffering issues over the course of 6 months. The problem plain and simple lies with Comcast. Using DNS servers helps the problem but will not make it go away. I happen to live in one of Comcast's internet test zones. We get everything first. We were one of the 1st areas to get 100mbs "xfinity" service in our area. Since that time, using the Google DNS servers, i've had no buffers at all and I always have 3bars on HDX.

I did not change my Comcast data plan in any way. They system was upgraded and everything changed after that. Speed test went from 15-30mbs to 100mbs.

Comment

I agree the problem lies with comcast. Changing the wan ip has also helped me. In a nutshell what you do in the router is clone another mac address.

lately though what I have noticed (I upgrated to powerboost 30/22 standard is during prime hours on the vudu speed test I'll been getting really slow speeds. one day I got 3 mbps another day I got 15 mbps. But on other speed test I'm doing my 35 mbps speed test with powerboost.

To dubble check this I logged into another DSL account who was a lot slower but from what I remember the speed differnece between standards speed tests and vudu was high.

Lately Vudu has been messing up during prime hours. My opinion comast has a part in this but so does vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by kpziegler View Post
                    Going back to my original question, any suggestions? It's not just some ISP, it's Comcast, so I'm sure I'm not alone with this problem.
                    @kpziegler - I am having the buffering problem with vudu using Comcast as my ISP.

Interestingly, if I test my network speed, during the buffering event, I get ~20Mbps. So in my case, either Comcast is screwing with the traffic ('shaping'), or vudu is overwhelmed with demand and can't push/feed the videos at the rate needed to maintain clean HD(X) streaming.

Comment

Well I spoke to soon. The last month VUDU has once again became unusable streaming. I purchased a VUDU box on Ebay today and will download when I want to watch.

I've tried every trick, tip and secret code I could find and couldn't get it to work reliably day or night. I can't see how VUDU can be long for this world if they don't get this fixed. Most people aren't as patient and forgiving as me.

I've tried giving demos of the service, showing the trailers, and the buffering ruins everything. That equals customers lost. The service is great but streaming it just doesn't work. If it isn't plug and play ready it doesn't work. That's the reality. I should have never had to go to the lengths I did to get the service to function in it's most basic form streaming. No average consumer will do that. NONE!!! Not trying to bash just send a message. If you value your jobs you may want to get your product fixed and working.

Comment

Tcfish19,

I apologize that you experiencing buffering and while I wish it were plug and play for everyone, sometimes adjustments need to be made to the user?s network. Please contact our care line at (888)554-8838 and there are further adjustments that can be made to your router beyond changing just the DNS.
                        Last edited by DanielH; 05-02-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Dan,

Thanks for the offer but I fixed the problem by getting another VUDU box and downloading the content I want to watch. I have zero interest in wasting more money testing the streaming service for Walmart. You've got the money test it yourself. I've paid for at least 8 movies that have been ruined by buffering issues as I've worked to fix the problem. You should be happy as Walmart will get more revenue from me since I was prone to give up on your service for weeks and months trying to fix the buffering problem. It's really a win, win. Please don't stop supporting the boxes!!

Comment

TCfish,

The goal is to find a fix that works for your device, as every home network is different. While we still support the download service, working with our customer support can eliminate the buffering in brazil. Please send me a PM if you would like me to help.
                            Last edited by DanielH; 05-02-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

I was lucky to get here, as im having a lot of trouble with my connection speed. Thats why im asking for your help. I've been having issues for some days now, and every comcast speed test i do, offers different results. I am really lost here. cheers and thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X