Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Movies keep buffering then are unable to stream even SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies keep buffering then are unable to stream even SD

I got a philips home theatre system and have been unable to watch a movie because it keeps buffering on hd then i switch to sd it buffers then tells me it is unable to stream at this time please help me i have tried this three times letting the movie run out without getting to watch any of them.

Re: Movies keep buffering then are unable to stream even SD

Can you describe how your player is connected to the internet (wired/wireless) also who is your ISP and what is the speed that you subscribe to?

Originally posted by harrism View Post
    I got a philips home theatre system and have been unable to watch a movie because it keeps buffering on hd then i switch to sd it buffers then tells me it is unable to stream at this time please help me i have tried this three times letting the movie run out without getting to watch any of them.

Comment

I have Verizon DSL 1.5-3 Mbps speed and I have it connected through a Lan cable directly from my Netgear router to my blu ray player. It will play for a few seconds then start buffering play then buffering then it tells me the movie can not be streamed right now try back later.

Comment

I've had a similar problem with my Vizio TV- this is the 3rd night in a row I've started a movie in HD (I can never get HDX to work without buffering every minute or so) during the 8PM hour and it keeps stopping about every 5 minutes to buffer. So far I've given up and waited a couple hours and it plays without a hitch after that. Is this because there's less people using the internet around here, or is my provider (AT&T) doing some sort of throttling during prime time?

Comment

A lot of times with DSL the modem they provide you with does NAT. When you add a router to the equation, you get a double NAT issue; that can cause you to buffer, or in some cases not be able to connect.
          ________
          Last edited by DanielH; 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Is there a way to correct this?

Comment

A lot of modems can be set into bridge mode. The router then needs to be configured to handle pppoe.

We can help with the settings changes. Or, your ISP provider. Whichever you are more comfortable with.
              ________
              Last edited by DanielH; 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

My modem is set in bridge mode but if you can help me that would be greatly appreciated. I really want to be able to watch movies.

Comment

help i have VERY FAST SERvice 22Mbps/4.5Mbps but i have very poor ping test results F quality..great loss packets is this why my HDX movies stop to buffer occasionally? my signal bar will be all way up them drop help

Comment

Originally posted by mikestahl View Post
                    help i have VERY FAST SERvice 22Mbps/4.5Mbps but i have very poor ping test results F quality..great loss packets is this why my HDX movies stop to buffer occasionally? my signal bar will be all way up them drop help
                    Who is your Internet provider, and in what state? Have you tried a speed test? A lot of providers advertise certain Internet speeds but use a "speed boost" that may give the full advertised speed for short bursts but slows down considerably during longer downloads, or that serves up popular web sites from the ISP's cached copy, and serves them quicker because it's from their own servers, but all other downloads are served much slower. You may want to check Broadband Reports and see what other people have to say about your provider.

Comment

It has nothing to do with a double NAT. 1.5 to 3 mbps is to slow to stream HD. Pay the extra $10 and get 5-6 mbps, but don't you dare try to stream HDX. Problems waiting to happen...

Comment

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
                        A lot of modems can be set into bridge mode. The router then needs to be configured to handle pppoe.

We can help with the settings changes. Or, your ISP provider. Whichever you are more comfortable with.
                        This is my first post and unfortunately it is for a major complaint. The short story is I have Verizon DSL (1.5~3Mbps plan) and although Verizon's speed test and Speedtest.net shows (currently) ~2.1 Mbps, the VUDU speed test shows <700kbps. My DSL modem is set for bridging and my NetGear WNDR3700 router for PPoE.

Since buying a Bluray player for Christmas specifically for VUDU, my wife and I have only been able to get through 2 movies out of 5 we rented. This is in SD of course.

So what's the story? Has VUDU become so successful its servers are overloaded? I like everything else about the whole experience - user interface, content available, etc. But if we can't watch a movie, it's all for naught.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

VUDU, no answer on this issue?

Comment

Hello Kart,

My apologies, i did not see your first post. If you could send me your email address in a private message i'll be happy to take a look at the streaming sessions you have had. We'll get your account taken care off.

Comment

In general we haven't had problems with signal. But last week we ordered a movie in HDX, which kept buffering and scaling back, first to HD, then to SD. That tv is on a hardline gigabit connection to the router, and we're on a 15MB cable connection. I could not find any evidence at the time that either of the computers were noticing any slowdown.

I did also notice that every time the buffering recovered, the Vudu app displayed signal which was bouncing from zero bars to 4 bars.

Comment

Working...
                              X