Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Streaming Problems - Just Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming Problems - Just Started

Having streaming issues on SD, HD and HDX

Have watched about 3-4 movies with no problems.

Not an internet issue (i have AT&T MAX). Just streamed 1080p movie and watched a netflix movie to check.

I need to finish watching my movie before my 24hr expires. Please help.

Re: Streaming Problems - Just Started

Originally posted by wisdomnwar View Post
    Having streaming issues on SD, HD and HDX

Have watched about 3-4 movies with no problems.

Not an internet issue (i have AT&T MAX). Just streamed 1080p movie and watched a netflix movie to check.

I need to finish watching my movie before my 24hr expires. Please help.
    Hello Wisdom,

My apologies for the streaming issues. I would be happy to take a look at why you may have experienced this. Could you please send me a private message with your email address?

Comment

after they respond could you post what the solution was

Comment

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
        Hello Wisdom,

My apologies for the streaming issues. I would be happy to take a look at why you may have experienced this. Could you please send me a private message with your email address?
        Well I've had Vudu for over a year now and I've never had a problem until now. I've been watching Sanctum and I repeatedly get the same error message: "unable to stream this move at the moment due to a network error"

Very frustrating when this happens and I purposefully waited until after midnight to watch this movie...rrrggh! Much like wisdomnwar I too have just watched a 1080p Netflix movie just to check on my connection speed...10Mbps down and 1Mpbs up...what gives?

Comment

I feel for you; I waited until 12am just to watch Sanctum and about a 3rd of the way through...network error...unable watch the movie. And after a year of successful Vudu, here we go...I just discovered this thread and it makes me wonder if I've just been lucky so far or if Vudu has larger, more systemic issues...

Comment

Yes BOO to Vudu! Having problems watching some movies on Vudu through my blue ray player. No problems with my internet or strength. Only was able to watch 20 minutes of a movie and was not able to get past that. Every minute or so buffering and then a network error. So annoying. This happened a couple of months ago, complained and asked to refund the movie, no such luck, no response from Customer Service. Decided to try it again today, movie only good for 12 more hours, and still having the same "network problem". Lets see if Vudu will step up to the plate and solve this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by kucsmase View Post
              Yes BOO to Vudu! Having problems watching some movies on Vudu through my blue ray player. No problems with my internet or strength. Only was able to watch 20 minutes of a movie and was not able to get past that. Every minute or so buffering and then a network error. So annoying. This happened a couple of months ago, complained and asked to refund the movie, no such luck, no response from Customer Service. Decided to try it again today, movie only good for 12 more hours, and still having the same "network problem". Lets see if Vudu will step up to the plate and solve this problem.
              Kucsmase,

I'll be happy to help you troubleshoot. Send me a private message with your email address included.

Comment

I'm trying to finish up my movie from last night but I can't watch more than a few minutes without it needing to rebuffer.... I pause it for 5 minutes and watch for 10- then I have to do it all over again. It'll take all night to finish it this way. Is there a way to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by Amy.Q View Post
                  I'm trying to finish up my movie from last night but I can't watch more than a few minutes without it needing to rebuffer.... I pause it for 5 minutes and watch for 10- then I have to do it all over again. It'll take all night to finish it this way. Is there a way to fix this?
                  Amy,

Sometimes the fix is easy as a network reboot. Unplugging your streaming device, modem and router for 30 seconds each and reconnecting sometimes will solve the issue. If the problem is outside your network, with VUDU or your ISP there may be some adjustments that our customer care team can make to help the issue. Please give us a call at (888)554-VUDU if you weren't able to finish your movie.

Comment

Well customer care just went out the door. The office ours are 7-4 Pacific time and I am unable to send private message to chapman (VUDU admin). I have 2 movies I paid for now and was unable to watch after having no problems the past 2 months. This has been an ongoing problem the past week. I want my money back for services not given!

Comment

Originally posted by BamaBlitz View Post
                      Well customer care just went out the door. The office ours are 7-4 Pacific time and I am unable to send private message to chapman (VUDU admin). I have 2 movies I paid for now and was unable to watch after having no problems the past 2 months. This has been an ongoing problem the past week. I want my money back for services not given!
                      Phone line hours are 7am PST - 8PM PST. If you're unable to call support during business hours, i'll be happy to take a look at your account. Could you give me the device ID from your VUDU device?

This should be listed under My VUDU>Info and Settings.

Comment

I loved the idea of streaming HD movies to the Smart TV for my family, but we can't watch the movies we bought or rented from Vudu without random breaks. I really wanted another option to Netflix because their selection is weak and limited. Vudu has such an expansive selection and promises such high quality, but can't seem to get it to my screen.

I have an 18 Mbps ISP connection and a 11 Mbps Router connection. Netflix works fine but Vudu is glitchy and keeps needing to load. Even in SD it won't play continuously.

Last night (Friday) it stopped to load every minute or so. We gave up. Today (Saturday at noon) it plays longer between pauses for loading, but the quality is glitchy, drops frames -audio cuts out.

I've read Apple TV takes longer to download before starting movies. Vudu starts playing almost immediately. I would prefer to wait 10-15 minutes before starting a movie if it meant we didn't have to wait for loading during the movie, have to lower the quality to SD, or have to watch it glitch up after one minute of smooth play. Please add an option for downloading more of the movie so that we have less hiccups after we start the film.

I know customer service wants to look at personal set-ups for the bottleneck, but I think it is the Vudu set-up that is failing to deliver. There is a bottleneck from your servers (not Netflix's watching it right now). The instant play approach vs longer upload time means less of a buffer when your servers fail to keep up with demand.

Vudu has the best selection, such a huge library, promises HDX and even 3D movies - it is frustrating that we can't enjoy it. If it won't work, I want my money back.

Comment

Originally posted by StreamingDad View Post
                          I loved the idea of streaming HD movies to the Smart TV for my family, but we can't watch the movies we bought or rented from Vudu without random breaks. I really wanted another option to Netflix because their selection is weak and limited. Vudu has such an expansive selection and promises such high quality, but can't seem to get it to my screen.

I have an 18 Mbps ISP connection and a 11 Mbps Router connection. Netflix works fine but Vudu is glitchy and keeps needing to load. Even in SD it won't play continuously.

Last night (Friday) it stopped to load every minute or so. We gave up. Today (Saturday at noon) it plays longer between pauses for loading, but the quality is glitchy, drops frames -audio cuts out.

I've read Apple TV takes longer to download before starting movies. Vudu starts playing almost immediately. I would prefer to wait 10-15 minutes before starting a movie if it meant we didn't have to wait for loading during the movie, have to lower the quality to SD, or have to watch it glitch up after one minute of smooth play. Please add an option for downloading more of the movie so that we have less hiccups after we start the film.

I know customer service wants to look at personal set-ups for the bottleneck, but I think it is the Vudu set-up that is failing to deliver. There is a bottleneck from your servers (not Netflix's watching it right now). The instant play approach vs longer upload time means less of a buffer when your servers fail to keep up with demand.

Vudu has the best selection, such a huge library, promises HDX and even 3D movies - it is frustrating that we can't enjoy it. If it won't work, I want my money back.

There is definitely something going on via Vudu. Same problems here and they started about the same time.
                          I just watched a movie in HD on Amazon Movies and it had plenty of bandwidth to do it while the Vudu movie I tried( and paid for) mere minutes before would stop and even when it would play the picture quality was worse then Amazon.

Dear VUDU...it's not my ISP problem. Speed is here even in the peak times.
                          My Vudu worked good at 8:30 this morning and by 12:30 in the afternoon it wouldn't stream in HD while Amazon did.

Comment

Originally posted by StreamingDad View Post

I feel bad for you concerning your issue, at one time I was the KING of The BUFFER!!!.....I have not had one buffering incident for approx. two years after I purchased my WDTV Live Hub and made some network adjustments...even during the time frame you are speaking of.....there are many reasons for buffering....I don't think it's a VUDU issue, I can stream HDX, no problems....But I do have a 50Mbps FIOS connection ....My wife can run Netflix on our other TV wirelessly and I can watch VUDU HDX at the same time in my theatre, no trouble......Maybe there is some tweaking that can be done to resolve the issue......

Comment

Seriously, I have 60Mb/10Mb service
                              and having problems watching it on my PC
                              tested my net speed and it never dipped below 35Mb/s
                              and I've tested it every time it dropped or gave me error msg
                              what gives VUDU?
                              Still trying to watch Wreck-it Ralph in HD and NOGO!

Comment

Working...
                              X