Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their VUDU service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Buffering Issues - LG BD 570

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Buffering Issues - LG BD 570

    as per subject I have an LG player connected to my CISCO Valet over Wifi. I seem to be always running into buffering issues when using VUDU. I tested the signal and mostly get 9+ Mbps. The Netflix app has no such issues nor do the 2 laptops I have using the router. Has anyone else seen this, I'm really frustrated and have wasted a lot of money renting movies that I cannot watch.
    I'd love to get some advice on what the problem could be.

    2nd question, how do I get a refund for the movies I never got to watch due to the buffering issues?

    #2
    Re: Buffering Issues - LG BD 570

    Originally posted by Corcodav View Post
    as per subject I have an LG player connected to my CISCO Valet over Wifi. I seem to be always running into buffering issues when using VUDU. I tested the signal and mostly get 9+ Mbps. The Netflix app has no such issues nor do the 2 laptops I have using the router. Has anyone else seen this, I'm really frustrated and have wasted a lot of money renting movies that I cannot watch.
    I'd love to get some advice on what the problem could be.

    2nd question, how do I get a refund for the movies I never got to watch due to the buffering issues?
    Give us a call at (888)554-VUDU, we can go over the movies you were unable to watch, and what may be causing the problem.
    Dan H.
    VUDU QA

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Buffering Issues - LG BD 570

      One of the primary reasons for buffering is how you have your DNS set up. I ran into this early on with my LG BD390 and have since resolved it. You essentially have to set the DNS to NOT use your internal router as the DNS.

      You have two options really:
      • Get the actual DNS info from the router and enter it directly in your BD player's network setup, so don't use automatic, or
      • If your router supports a "DNS Relay" feature, turn this OFF which will then pass the actual DNS info to your devices that connect to the router rather than using the router, e.g., the real DNS IP and not 192.168.1.1 or something like that


      Also, there's a great tool (namebench) that I recommend you download and run which will test for the fastest DNSes near you. I run this once a month to make sure I'm using the fastest DNS settings available.

      Keep in mind that even with the best settings, you may still occassionally have buffering issues due to either your local environment hiccupping or ISP issues, but that should become a rare thing. Good luck.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Buffering Issues - LG BD 570

        Originally posted by AYColumbia View Post
        One of the primary reasons for buffering is how you have your DNS set up. I ran into this early on with my LG BD390 and have since resolved it. You essentially have to set the DNS to NOT use your internal router as the DNS.

        You have two options really:
        • Get the actual DNS info from the router and enter it directly in your BD player's network setup, so don't use automatic, or
        • If your router supports a "DNS Relay" feature, turn this OFF which will then pass the actual DNS info to your devices that connect to the router rather than using the router, e.g., the real DNS IP and not 192.168.1.1 or something like that


        Also, there's a great tool (namebench) that I recommend you download and run which will test for the fastest DNSes near you. I run this once a month to make sure I'm using the fastest DNS settings available.

        Keep in mind that even with the best settings, you may still occassionally have buffering issues due to either your local environment hiccupping or ISP issues, but that should become a rare thing. Good luck.
        +1, I basically did something similar.....I have the VUDU box, put it's IP into the DMZ, used DNS Benchmark from Gibson Research to find the best DNS servers, stopped using the router as a DNS server and use the servers provided by the benchmark software....The buffering was gone for a while, then started again.....It's intermittent, I played one movie recently got so much buffering I had to end up downloading it, next time I played another one and it buffered once in the middle of the film.....I demo VUDU quite a bit to friends.....I have a home theater setup and it does not look good when the issue occurs during the demo......

        The recent survey that VUDU sent out will allow users to give feedback on the service.....I definitely participated.....reliability was my first and foremost concern....

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Buffering Issues - LG BD 570

          Why does VUDU buffer on some movies and not on others.. Have watched several with no problems and then attempt to watch another and the buffering causes the movie to stop for "technical errors".. Is that on my end or VUDU and how do I fix it?

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Buffering Issues - LG BD 570

            Originally posted by schrimp View Post
            Why does VUDU buffer on some movies and not on others.. Have watched several with no problems and then attempt to watch another and the buffering causes the movie to stop for "technical errors".. Is that on my end or VUDU and how do I fix it?

            I don't get this either, play one movie, get three HDX bars, no issue, play another one, get one HDX bar, then buffering shortly after....Believe me, I've tried everything, even bought new router and installed new cat6 cable to run into VUDU box( even box itself was replaced).....Latest test was running the VUDU box directly from the FIOS ONT, bypassing the router completely, still intermittent issues.....I even used Visualroute to trace from my router to the CDN IP in New York continuously for about 10 mins, with no issues with latency or packet loss...I live in NY State so that CDN is the closest to me.......still scratchin' the ol' head on this one....for the moment I just watch the films I have downloaded to the box, purchased films that I can stream without issue( there are a number of them), and my disc collection......I also have a Vizio TV that doesn't even come close to the issues I have with the box, and that it is running wireless.......o well..

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Buffering Issues - PC

              I am unable to stream Vudu anymore. This is the third time I have had to download a movie to watch it. Nothing works. I guess its goodbye to Vudu for me. This is not worth the time or effort...pity, I really liked Vudu, but Im so annoyed now having to deal with this.
              Im also surprised that no admin gets on these forums and deals with this instantly. I have an online company and we deal with our customers in such a way that it does not get to this point. Guess Vudu management doesn't care.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Buffering Issues - PC

                I have had the same issue with Vudu on my blazing Verizon FIOS network. I get 50 MB downloads, yet the Roku wont event connect to movies now.
                I have done everything. Changed my DNS, opened the ports on the Roku.
                I have the same issue on my PS3, putting THAT device in a DMZ.
                The router's in the same room, so I'm at a loss.
                Amazon Instnat Video works perfectly.
                I wonder if Verizon is throttlme me to make me buy On Demand movies from them.

                Originally posted by Robert123 View Post
                I am unable to stream Vudu anymore. This is the third time I have had to download a movie to watch it. Nothing works. I guess its goodbye to Vudu for me. This is not worth the time or effort...pity, I really liked Vudu, but Im so annoyed now having to deal with this.
                Im also surprised that no admin gets on these forums and deals with this instantly. I have an online company and we deal with our customers in such a way that it does not get to this point. Guess Vudu management doesn't care.

                Comment

                Working...
                X