Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu Buffering or Lossing Connection

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vudu Buffering or Lossing Connection

I have Comcast, 100/25 connection. I have done the speed test on vudu 27000/8000 maxed out. Speedtest with speedtest.net 100/25. Ports opened. Computer up to date. All software up to date. All other streaming services work great never an issue. Modem/Router reset. No malware or viruses. All I can surmise is Vudu's content providers are overloaded. I spent a lot of money on movies from vudu. I am really tired of buffering this and buffering that and then getting cannot play your movie now #16. Please purchase some more content providers to serve more customers or stop adding customers when you system will not support them all.

Re: Vudu Buffering or Lossing Connection

Originally posted by GldnSabre View Post
    I have Comcast, 100/25 connection. I have done the speed test on vudu 27000/8000 maxed out. Speedtest with speedtest.net 100/25. Ports opened. Computer up to date. All software up to date. All other streaming services work great never an issue. Modem/Router reset. No malware or viruses. All I can surmise is Vudu's content providers are overloaded. I spent a lot of money on movies from vudu. I am really tired of buffering this and buffering that and then getting cannot play your movie now #16. Please purchase some more content providers to serve more customers or stop adding customers when you system will not support them all.
    Typically, support should be able to help with this if you contact them.

I have an identical connection to yours at home and i haven't experienced buffering during peak times or otherwise in months.

Comment

I did 2 days ago via email nothing yet. 141101-000947

Comment

I did 141101-000947 is the ticket number from the 1st.

Comment

Download Speed: 44751 kbps (44.8 Mbps)
          Upload Speed: 7904 kbps (7.9 Mbps)

Current Vudu Speedtest numbers.

Current Speedtest.net

Still having issues with VUDU. Also Vudu2Go I have downloaded movies and it still wants to buffer them and then they time out in V2G with #16 movie stored on 512 gb ssd so no buffering should be required. This happenes everyday and night no matter the time. Could it be comcast well for the streaming yeah it could be, but for the v2g I think they screwed it up or the background software screwed it up because it should not buffer if you downloaded the full movie to disk.

Comment

Download Speed: 44751 kbps (44.8 Mbps)
            Upload Speed: 7904 kbps (7.9 Mbps)

Current Vudu Speedtest numbers.

Current Speedtest.net

Still having issues with VUDU. Also Vudu2Go I have downloaded movies and it still wants to buffer them and then they time out in V2G with #16 movie stored on 512 gb ssd so no buffering should be required. This happenes everyday and night no matter the time. Could it be comcast well for the streaming yeah it could be, but for the v2g I think they screwed it up or the background software screwed it up because it should not buffer if you downloaded the full movie to disk.

You should see an email incoming shortly. We've noticed this issue for comcast customers in your area recently.

Comment

Target Name: llgvault.vudu.com
              IP: 68.142.118.4
              Date/Time: 11/5/2014 4:03:18 PM to 11/5/2014 4:05:33 PM

1 0 ms 0 ms 1 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms DD-WRT [192.168.1.1]
              2 10 ms 15 ms 8 ms 8 ms 12 ms 6 ms 7 ms 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms [96.120.97.141]
              3 8 ms 7 ms 16 ms 8 ms 10 ms 7 ms 7 ms 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms xe-10-0-0-32767-sur01.keylargo.fl.pompano.comcast.net [68.86.161.101]
              4 18 ms 9 ms 10 ms 12 ms 13 ms 10 ms 9 ms 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms te-0-1-0-9-ar01.northdade.fl.pompano.comcast.net [69.139.183.221]
              5 N/A 12 ms N/A 23 ms N/A N/A N/A 12 ms N/A 14 ms he-2-9-0-0-cr01.miami.fl.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.94.253]
              6 12 ms 11 ms 15 ms 11 ms 13 ms 10 ms 11 ms 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms be-15-pe02.nota.fl.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.146]
              7 N/A 10 ms N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 12 ms 11 ms [66.208.216.230]
              8 * * 9 ms 27 ms 20 ms 18 ms * 15 ms 22 ms 11 ms ve5.fr3.mia1.llnw.net [68.142.125.97]
              9 * 31 ms 31 ms * 46 ms * 26 ms * 27 ms 26 ms tge1-1.fr3.atl1.llnw.net [69.28.172.13]
              10 34 ms * 73 ms * 25 ms 82 ms 28 ms 25 ms 27 ms 27 ms cdn-68-142-118-4.atl1.llnw.net [68.142.118.4]

Ping statistics for llgvault.vudu.com
              Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 8, Lost = 2 (20.0%)
              Round Trip Times: Minimum = 25ms, Maximum = 82ms, Average = 40ms

this is while streaming a video last 3 hops get anywhere from 30 to 50 packet loss.

Comment

Keeps adding and removing hops during playback I am assuming it is looking for a better stream. issue seems to be on my end everything on llnw.net also as soon as I stop the trace I get streaming issues.

Comment

ok watched a HDX movie without buffering for the first time in months. However to keep it going without buffering I have to set a continuous ping/TR to vudu. As soon as I stopped it buffering started again. When it was started back the buffering went away. If that helps you guys at VUDU.

Comment

I am just trying to give you all the information I can get to speed along the process. Let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

Seems like a lot of people in South Florida are having problems. I'm in Coral Springs on Advanced Cable Communications. My brother is in Weston on Comcast. We've both been having the buffering and network error problems. And I've seen a couple similar reports from other people in the Miami & Ft. Lauderdale area.

Comment

Could you both try streams when you have a chance? We're hopeful that you will see improved streaming results.

Comment

Looks like it is working again for now. I wonder what Comcast changed to fix the issue? I do see a new hop to the llnw.net ip but it is funny I go from Keys to Miami to Los Angeles to Florida, Miami, Atlanta strange route but it seems to work. So as long as it continues to work sounds good to me.

Thank You for fixing this issue.

Comment

Was doing great for s few days now it seems like it is starting to have issues again.

speedtest.vudu.com
                            (no downloads in progress)
                            3654 mbps downstream / 5554 upstream

speedtest.net
                            (while downloading a movie from vudu.)

Your content providers are not able to keep up. It is time to add more.

Also your speed test server is experiencing high latency as well.
                            Target Name: cdn-69-28-143-32.llnw.net
                            IP: 69.28.143.32
                            Date/Time: 11/11/2014 10:49:18 PM to 11/11/2014 10:51:33 PM

1 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms DD-WRT [192.168.1.1]
                            2 13 ms 7 ms 20 ms 12 ms 10 ms 8 ms 12 ms 12 ms 10 ms 11 ms []
                            3 16 ms 7 ms 11 ms 9 ms 8 ms 11 ms 13 ms 9 ms 38 ms 11 ms xe-0-3-0-32767-sur01.keylargo.fl.pompano.comcast.net [68.86.161.97]
                            4 13 ms 11 ms 15 ms 13 ms 12 ms 12 ms 10 ms 11 ms 13 ms 12 ms te-0-1-0-9-ar01.northdade.fl.pompano.comcast.net [69.139.183.221]
                            5 14 ms 12 ms 14 ms 11 ms 14 ms 17 ms 16 ms 15 ms 12 ms 15 ms te-0-0-0-8-cr01.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.205]
                            6 15 ms 13 ms 15 ms 15 ms 46 ms 105 ms 148 ms 11 ms 14 ms 18 ms be-15-pe02.nota.fl.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.146]
                            7 15 ms N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 16 ms N/A 11 ms 18 ms [66.208.233.78]
                            8 25 ms 20 ms 26 ms 13 ms 24 ms 27 ms 16 ms 11 ms 21 ms 20 ms ve386.fr3.mia1.llnw.net [69.164.25.18]
                            9 55 ms 50 ms 44 ms 51 ms 45 ms 40 ms 39 ms 49 ms 42 ms 44 ms tge9-1.fr3.iad.llnw.net [69.28.189.73]
                            10 48 ms 55 ms 50 ms 49 ms 65 ms 59 ms 50 ms 44 ms 58 ms 51 ms tge11-6.fr3.lga.llnw.net [69.28.171.158]
                            11 141 ms 137 ms 132 ms 146 ms 138 ms 134 ms 133 ms 142 ms 136 ms 132 ms tge5-3.fr3.yyz.llnw.net [69.28.172.74]
                            12 137 ms 135 ms 135 ms 136 ms 136 ms 138 ms 136 ms 134 ms 135 ms 152 ms cdn-69-28-143-32.llnw.net [69.28.143.32]

Ping statistics for cdn-69-28-143-32.llnw.net
                            Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0.0%)
                            Round Trip Times: Minimum = 134ms, Maximum = 152ms, Average = 137ms

Comment

Was doing great for s few days now it seems like it is starting to have issues again.
                              I started having problems again too. The family sat down to watch Maleficent today. Frequent buffering problems, even after turning it down to SD. After about 30 minutes we eventually gave up. They were really disappointed.

I wasn't sure if it was Vudu or my new modem which I just got yesterday. But everything else seems to be working fine. And if you're having problems too, then maybe this South Florida Comcast issue has returned.

Comment

Working...
                              X