Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU Storage Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU Storage Options

Originally posted by vasqued2 View Post
    No luck. The internal card is still used. The internal card is at /mnt/sdcard and the external is at /mnt/extcard.
    We need more info to be able to reproduce your issue. Please provide the following info
    - Make
    - Model
    - Android version
    - VUDU version.

Thanks,
    LLN

Comment

Does the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 have the ability to store movies on the external SD card? If yes, how?

Comment

Originally posted by theguru14 View Post
        Does the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 have the ability to store movies on the external SD card? If yes, how?
        I don't have the Note 3 but I could try on tab 3. I think every Android device should work the same.

In order to have VUDU App using external storage you should:
        - have the external storage formated NOT as FAT16 (FAT32 should be good).
        - have the SD inserted
        - reinstall VUDU app, in the 1st startup the app should set the external storage as place to download movie.

LLN

Comment

How do I format it to FAT32 if it is not already?
          Will it delete what I already have on the SD card?
          How will formatting it to FAT32 affect what I already have on the SD card?

Originally posted by LocN View Post
          I don't have the Note 3 but I could try on tab 3. I think every Android device should work the same.

In order to have VUDU App using external storage you should:
          - have the external storage formated NOT as FAT16 (FAT32 should be good).
          - have the SD inserted
          - reinstall VUDU app, in the 1st startup the app should set the external storage as place to download movie.

LLN

Comment

Originally posted by theguru14 View Post
            How do I format it to FAT32 if it is not already?
            Will it delete what I already have on the SD card?
            How will formatting it to FAT32 affect what I already have on the SD card?
            You don't need to have a blank formatted card. However if your card was formatted with FAT16 then VUDU app may have issue to store movies. The default format option of Android would format it as FAT32.

Of course formatting will erase/delete everything from the SD card.

LLN

Comment

My bad. The external card was mounted at /mnt/extsd not /mnt/extcard. Verified it was FAT32. Ended up rooting, swapping the mount points, and unrooting so I could reinstall and run Vudu. It's working fine now that the external card is mounted at /mnt/sdcard.

Thanks!

Comment

I have a Galaxy Tab 10, and with the SD card installed, I installed Vudu. No issue.

Then to try, I downloaded 12 of my movies and they all showed on the SD Card. Great!

I then shutdown, restarted, etc and started Vudu while the SD card was installed. I could see my 12 movies as Downloaded. No problem so far.

I then shutdown, removed the card, restarted, and started Vudu. No downloaded movies showed, as expected.

I then inserted my card, restarted Vudu and only half of the movies showed even though I could still the 12 movies on the SD card. Just to check, I re-downloaded one of the movies which had disappeared from the Downloaded list. After download, it was showing, but all other movies which had disappeared from the Downloaded list had been removed from the SD.

I have more movies than my SD card can contain and I want to store them on SD to watch when traveling and/or no connection. It seems it is not possible if the movies disappear randomly.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Comment

I have Dell Venue 8 Pro - is there any way to move the location that the files are downloaded to? I have very limited HD space and want to use the Ext SDCard instead.
                  Thanks

Comment

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and downloaded Vudu Version 1.4.231. I have a SD card installed and all other programs can see the card and use it, including google play videos. However, Vudu appears to be unable to see it as it it keeps downloading videos to my internal memory and not to the SD card. I have uninstalled three times today and all downloads continue to go to the internal card.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Ok, I have tried all previously mentioned fixes and am still having no luck getting movies to download to sd card. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition), running 4.3 Jelly Bean. The main reason I bought the tablet is to watch my movies while deployed overseas where I will not have access to the internet for long periods of time. I want to be able to have several 64gb sd cards that have my entire UV collection on it. My questions are as follows:

1. Will I be able to download movies to a SD Card with my current tablet and operating system?
                      2. Will I be able to use multiple SD Cards to save movies on and still be read by tablet?
                      3. If it is possible to download to the SD Card "How the hell do I do it?"

Again I have tried the removing and then reinstalling Vudu with SD Card installed. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to have my Vudu collection available for offline viewing.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cmjorgensen49 View Post
                        Ok, I have tried all previously mentioned fixes and am still having no luck getting movies to download to sd card. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition), running 4.3 Jelly Bean. The main reason I bought the tablet is to watch my movies while deployed overseas where I will not have access to the internet for long periods of time. I want to be able to have several 64gb sd cards that have my entire UV collection on it. My questions are as follows:

1. Will I be able to download movies to a SD Card with my current tablet and operating system?
                        2. Will I be able to use multiple SD Cards to save movies on and still be read by tablet?
                        3. If it is possible to download to the SD Card "How the hell do I do it?"

Again I have tried the removing and then reinstalling Vudu with SD Card installed. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to have my Vudu collection available for offline viewing.

Thank you.
                        We are aware of this issue and fixing it. It will be out soon.

Thanks,
                        LLN

Comment

Originally posted by LocN View Post
                          We are aware of this issue and fixing it. It will be out soon.

Thanks,
                          LLN
                          Any ETA on this? I am having the exact same issue with my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. The app works just fine, the download works fine to the internal storage. I move the application to the SD Card and it still downloads to the internal storage.

Comment

I am also having the exact same problem with my Tab Pro 12.2 (4.4.2). I also uninstalled the Vudu app, remounted the external card, reinstalled and the movies are bing installed to my internal card.

An option, in the app, that allows the user to specify the location to save the movies would circumvent all these issues.Might want to pass that on to the project manager.

Comment

Originally posted by harrisow View Post
                              I am also having the exact same problem with my Tab Pro 12.2 (4.4.2). I also uninstalled the Vudu app, remounted the external card, reinstalled and the movies are bing installed to my internal card.

An option, in the app, that allows the user to specify the location to save the movies would circumvent all these issues.Might want to pass that on to the project manager.
                              I too am having the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it's still defaulting to internal storage. Can you please give us an approximate ETA? I excitedly went out and got a 64 gb card to store a bunch of my movies and now can't download them.

Thank you for your attention to this matter

Comment

Did anybody try the latest update?

I have an older version working with an external SD card on my tablet, as long as the card is in when I start Vudu and I use always the same card.

I am afraid to start a new version and lose the 30 GB of downloaded movies I have for offline use.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X