Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU Storage Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VUDU Storage Options

I have the VUDU app installed on an Acre Iconia device...And have movies stored online.

I want to download my movies to the tablet.

But, want to store them on the SD card.

How do I tell the VUDU app (on the tablet) to store them on the SD card? Cannot find any 'settings' to control where the app stores the movies.

Thanks.

Re: VUDU Storage Options

Originally posted by irishphantom View Post
    I have the VUDU app installed on an Acre Iconia device...And have movies stored online.

I want to download my movies to the tablet.

But, want to store them on the SD card.

How do I tell the VUDU app (on the tablet) to store them on the SD card? Cannot find any 'settings' to control where the app stores the movies.

Thanks.
    The upcoming VUDU Android version will support external SD card.

LLN

Comment

Originally posted by LocN View Post

LLN
      Hopefully the upgrade will work on my Note 2? And use my 64GB microsd card

Comment

LLN
        The new version 1.4.217 supports external storage.

LLN

Comment

Originally posted by Blurry View Post
          Hopefully the upgrade will work on my Note 2? And use my 64GB microsd card
          We are very close to have somewhat working update for phone.
          We are trying to have it in couple more days but will be rolling out slowly on phone models.

LLN

Comment

We are very close to have somewhat working update for phone.
            We are trying to have it in couple more days but will be rolling out slowly on phone models.

LLN
            Start with the Note 2 Seriously though, it will be most useful on such a device because it is practically a tablet.

Comment

LocN,

I just installed 1.4.217 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and I can't download movies anymore? I know you said it will support SD card storage now but it's not working at all. I tried 5 different movies but it just says preparing and then the screen goes back to download. I don't know if there is another thread where you answered this but I found this thread where you said 1.4.217 supports card storage. The only thing I haven't tried was deleting the VUDU app and installing it again. Please tell me what to do?
              Regards,
              Paul

Comment

The new version 1.4.217 supports external storage.

LLN
                Ok, I didn't hear from anyone at Vudu but I FOUND THE FIX! It's similar to the one I had to use to fix disc to digital on my laptop, but easier. I deleted all of my downloaded Vudu movies on my tablet. Then I uninstalled the Vudu application. I installed it again and lo an behold it's now working!!!! The first movie that I downloaded defaulted to my SD storage card not the internal memory so YIPEE!!!! I guess it's time to buy that 64gb card that I have been eyeing for since LocN said they were working on the SD card storage issue.

I am glad it's fixed and delighted that it finally stores on the external card. Vudu staff please feel free to give me all the credit for this fix.
                Regards,
                Paul

Comment

Have there been any updates on this for the Nook Color?

I only got the nook because of the external storage option specifically to watch movies and TV shows as well as read books on long flights. I need to be able to store multiple complete series on my nook.

I also really hate the fact that the TV shows do not show the the episode number or title once downloaded and there is no 'download all' option.
                  The shows not showing episode number is really annoying, I have to download the episodes one at a time making sure the previous episode has completely downloaded first to ensure they store in the correct order and watch them from the bottom up.

I hate to say it but if they don't fix this and the external storage issue then VUDU will have to be just for the 'free digital copies' of movies. All my TV series will be bought through Nook directly.

Comment

Originally posted by JulLnd View Post
                    Have there been any updates on this for the Nook Color?

I only got the nook because of the external storage option specifically to watch movies and TV shows as well as read books on long flights. I need to be able to store multiple complete series on my nook.

I also really hate the fact that the TV shows do not show the the episode number or title once downloaded and there is no 'download all' option.
                    The shows not showing episode number is really annoying, I have to download the episodes one at a time making sure the previous episode has completely downloaded first to ensure they store in the correct order and watch them from the bottom up.

I hate to say it but if they don't fix this and the external storage issue then VUDU will have to be just for the 'free digital copies' of movies. All my TV series will be bought through Nook directly.
                    We do support external storage now. User may have to reinstall the app to get the storage location reinitialized to the external storage.

We do have Epsode number on the downloaded, and yes we don't have correct sorting on My download now. Please be sure to have latest version.

Thanks,
                    LLN

Comment

We do support external storage now. User may have to reinstall the app to get the storage location reinitialized to the external storage.

We do have Epsode number on the downloaded, and yes we don't have correct sorting on My download now. Please be sure to have latest version.

Thanks,
                      LLN

Ok, so I uninstalled and re-installed the app. I had to go on a laptop, delete it from the purchases, de-register my nook, re-register it then 'purchase' the app new. It took several hours to work out that set of steps. I think it might have been a nook issue though.

I did have the latest version but I did this anyway just in case. This is the latest version available from the nook shop. 1.1.211 - there is no 1.4.217 available on the nook store. Is this the problem?
                      Should I be downloading my Vudu Software from somewhere else? If so, where and how do I get it onto my nook?

If this is the correct version then I am still having problems.
                      It is still storing everything on my Nook. Is there somewhere special I need to go to change the setting for it to put it on the SD card?
                      Just to clarify this is a Nook HD I am using.
                      I have looked in all my settings - it has permission to access my SD card but I can't see where to change any of the vudu specific storage stuff. Under storage management my default video storage is set to SD card.

Also, no it does not show episode numbers. Only in 'online' mode does it show them. In offline mode it just shows an icon image of the show title with the "homeland" "Fringe" or "Arrow" with the 'Season 1' or 'Season 2' at the bottom. No episode number or name. I would attach a photo if I could work out how to upload one rather than give a url.

Thanks for the quick reply, hopefully we can figure out the SD card thing and the episode number will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by JulLnd View Post
                        Ok, so I uninstalled and re-installed the app. I had to go on a laptop, delete it from the purchases, de-register my nook, re-register it then 'purchase' the app new. It took several hours to work out that set of steps. I think it might have been a nook issue though.

I did have the latest version but I did this anyway just in case. This is the latest version available from the nook shop. 1.1.211 - there is no 1.4.217 available on the nook store. Is this the problem?
                        I am sorry for the hassle. With regular Android it can be done in less than 1 minute. Your version in Nook store doesn't support external storage. I thought Nook also offer Google Play Store now. Please look to see if Nook also offer Google App store.

We will have to drop Nook this latest software. Nook doesn't allow side loading!

LLN

Comment

VUDU is storing my movies on my internal SD card (sdcard0 I believe). Is there a way to specify my external card (sdcard1) (32GB) be used?

Comment

Originally posted by vasqued2 View Post
                            VUDU is storing my movies on my internal SD card (sdcard0 I believe). Is there a way to specify my external card (sdcard1) (32GB) be used?
                            It's automatically selected at the installation time. All you need to do is make sure you have your SD card insert and then re-install VUDU app.

(Of course you will have to redownload your movies).

LLN

Comment

No luck. The internal card is still used. The internal card is at /mnt/sdcard and the external is at /mnt/extcard.

Comment

Working...
                              X