Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU App Release Notes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VUDU App Release Notes

2/29/2015
    VUDU for iOS version 4.9
    COMING SOON: EXCLUSIVE OFFERS
    • Drop by your local Walmart and you may get exclusive, limited-time offers from VUDU on your iPhone. Keep an eye on your Notifications and don’t forget to have Location Services enabled for VUDU!
    • Check out the ‘Only At Walmart’ link under My VUDU in the side menu to learn more

FIXED
    • No more video and audio playback bugs when switching between apps
    • Cast trailers to Chromecast devices, no account needed now

2/28/2016
    VUDU app for Android version 4.1.65
    COMING SOON: EXCLUSIVE OFFERS
    • Drop by a local Walmart and you may get exclusive, limited-time offers. Keep an eye on your Notifications. Don’t forget to have Location enabled!

NEW FEATURES
    • "More search results" now includes a PEOPLE tab
    • Browse on tablets in portrait mode
    • HDMI output to TV in SD quality

FIXED
    • Playback controls stuck behind device menu
    • Issues with offline playback of downloads

UPGRADING from 1.x? You’ll need to re-download your movies b/c we upgraded the format.

12/22/2015
    VUDU app for Android version 4.1.62
    • Now hides soft keys during playback for an immersive experience. We just made your screen 1/4” bigger. #micdrop
    • Improved playback experience in low connectivity areas like District 12
    • Better playback on budget devices
    • More bug & design fixes

12/20/2015
    VUDU for iOS version 4.8[/URL
    • MAIN COURSE
    • Introducing Spotlight: a purty new place to quickly find the best deals, collections, trailers, free TV and more. We add new titles and deals just about every day, so hooray for more reasons to look at your phone!

SIDES
    • The return (and not a reboot) of Search for My Movies & My TV
    • You can now watch trailers without signing in. Are you not entertained?!

EXTRA GRAVY
    • On the TV season episode grid, we moved up the episode play button to align with the episode name. OCD much?
    • Some movies and TV shows dated, got a little biz-zay and suddenly we had bundles with both movies and TV shows together running around. Dealing with these multi-format young’uns wasn’t easy. Do we put them in My Movies? Or My TV? A special section of their own? The politically correct answer is now both.
    • The playback bar now shows when casting with the iPad Mini. It previously only did on larger iPads, but HR told us we couldn’t discriminate against small devices.
    • Sometimes play buttons would show up on TV series you didn’t own. Gotcha! LOL. JK. Don’t be silly. It was just a bug. If it really played you would have heard about it on Slickdeals.
    • In some cases, if you pressed play then quickly closed the player, then repeatedly did that, the audio would continue playing. You would not unlock a secret VUDU level or offer. This is not Contra.
    • Other improvements and fixes to download and playback.

10/24/2015
    VUDU app for Android version 4.1.61
    • New 'New Trailers' page!
    • 'More Search results' for your search results!
    • Expired the 'Rental Expired' error!
    • Support for faster customer support in Settings > About page
    • More download & playback fixes!

10/16/2015
    VUDU app for Android version 4.1.53
    Hello again sort & filter for My VUDU!

10/12/2015
    VUDU for iOS version 4.7
    FEATURES ADDED
    • Now you can browse the entire VUDU library and watch thousands of free trailers and bonus features. It sure beats catching up on wedding and baby news on Facebook.
    • Auto-magic search suggestions on over 100K+ movies and TV shows, plus sort and filter by genre, date, reviews and more. For example, 1980?s Horror. Or 1980?s movies with <20% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Same diff.
    • Add new releases and favorites to your wishlist. You can also manage your wishlist and collection on the VUDU website. You currently cannot purchase or rent titles via the app.

THE DEETS ON BUG FIXES*
    • NO MORE RE-DOWNLOADS! Now you won?t have to redownload your movies and TV shows when you upgrade. Just stay connected to the Internet for a hot minute after updating so we can verify your downloads. Then airplane mode away.
    • Background downloading fixed. You can now go back to watching paint dry and water boil.
    • If you unplugged your headphones when watching, you might have experienced some playback errors. If you don?t watch with headphones on, you might be really annoying that person next to you on the train.
    • Your finely tuned, fully-customized closed captioning settings now preview correctly.
    • After an errant line of code accidentally put the ?Pitch Perfect? movie poster in place of ?Taken?, our engineer got a really serious call that scared the bejeezus out of him. He is so, so, so, so, so, so, so sorry, Anna Kendrick.
    • Killed some bugs that caused VUDU to crash during sign in and when viewing content.**

FEATURES PAST
    • Gesture Controls ? Double-tap to pause/play, swipe up/down for volume and 2-finger expand on iPad for full-screen
    • Certified Chromecast Support ? Because even the iPad Pro screen could be bigger. Cast to a TV and watch in full 1080p HDX glory.
    • Closed Captioning Customization ? We petitioned really hard to get Comic Sans as an option. Alas, to no avail.

10/8/2015

VUDU app for Android version 4.1.51
    • Fixed crashing when holding tablets in portrait mode.

Also, if you had trouble with Chromecast, please try again!

10/8/2015
    VUDU app for Android version 4.1.50

This sequel to the VUDU app is big. Like, Empire Strikes Back big. And it's even approved for one-handed use.
    • Completely rebuilt and redesigned for a premium entertainment experience. We weren't kidding when we went up 3 versions.
    • Faster, more responsive and more efficient. Choose two. Nah just kidding here. You get all three.
    • New navigation menu, which you can find via the burger button. You can also filter and sort by date, genre, Tomatometer? is it just me or you hungry now?
    • Auto-magic search suggestions to save you time. And find you some amazing gems. Did you know if you mis-type 'Hobbit' as 'Hobi', the first movie to come up is 'Hobo with a Shotgun'?? That movie is r-e-a-l.
    • HD and HDX support (hallelujah!) for select newer, high end devices (Android Lollipop or higher required). So you not only want to upgrade your phone, you NEED to, right?
    • Portrait mode for smartphones. We spent a lot of time creepily looking over the shoulders of people using smartphones to figure out how they hold and orient their phones, then used finger-tracking technology to heat-map accessible range of reach on various screen sizes and holding positions before presenting the case and design to the engineering team who then told us they already built it over weekend. Thanks guys.

***Got Dessert?***
    You'll need to be on Android Jelly Bean (4.3), KitKat, Lollipop or Marshmallow to upgrade.

***Got Downloads?***
    We're also using a slick new video format, so if you had any movies and TV shows downloaded to previous versions of the VUDU app, you;ll need to re-download after upgrading. Sorry for the hassle, but we promise it's worth it!
    Last edited by JeffreyVUDU; 03-01-2016, 04:29 PM. Reason: Update!

Re: VUDU App Release Notes

Does this work on AndroidTV devices like the Nexus Player and nVidia Shield TV?

Comment

when is this available? i just searched on the Play store and its still the old version

Comment

in just a few hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Y2Bogus View Post
          I'm waiting for this as well!

Comment

my note 3 (quad core 2.3 ghz, 3gb ram, running lollipop), is stuttering big time while playing in any quality (hdx, hd, sd). and even does the same thing playing a downloaded movie.

at least there is progress

Comment

Originally posted by Y2Bogus View Post
              Originally posted by ghostyroasty View Post
              I'm waiting for this as well!
              Also does it work on the Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV stick??

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyVUDU View Post
                10/8/2015
                ? New navigation menu, which you can find via the burger button. You can also filter and sort by date, genre, Tomatometer? is it just me or you hungry now?
                I cannot find "Sorting" anywhere in the new Android App. I looked at my Tegra Note 7, HTC One M8, Galaxy Note 10.1, and my Android TV Media device and cannot find a "Sorting Menu" anywhere.

Also, if you have an Android Device that connects using CAT5e Ethernet cable, DO NOT upgrade yet. The new Vudu Android App does not recognize Ethernet connections as valid Internet connections. Now I cannot watch Vudu in the bedroom until this is fixed.

Comment

What is up with the new permissions. There is not a logi"al reason for you to have my location. I might be able to understand the new identity requirement, but I think it would be in everyone's best interest to know the reason for the permissions.

Until then, I won't be updating the app.

Comment

Can not play any movies any longer.
                    Every time I try to start any movie, I get
                    Unable to start playback. Please try again later, or contact VUDU customer care for help.

I've tried many movies and all 3 resolutions (SD, HD, HDX).

Phone: Motorola Nexus 6
                    Android version: 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
                    Download speed: 31 Mbps
                    Upload speed: 27 Mbps

Comment

It doesn't look like it works on any of them, it's not in the google play store on my nexus, nor does it allow me to install to my nexus from the google play webstore. I haven't tried sideloading the app yet, but I'm not hopeful.

Comment

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg. The download just pushed to my GS4 and it is glorious. I feel like they actually covered every grip that has been posted (and reposted) about the Android app. The interface is hella better, HDX streams and downloads, seemingly fixed audio/visual issues. My phone is a bit choppy with displaying HDX (both streams and downloads), but that may be more of a hardware issue than an app issue. I guess this is why they have been mum about fixing those android issues from the past 5 months. Overall I'm happy with this. Woo!

Comment

None of this explains why the app suddenly wants to know where I am. Can we get an more thorough list of changes?

Comment

I can't even select HD or HDX as my default Download Quality under account settings. I'm running a OnePlus One that is more than capable of streaming/downloading HD/HDX content. It tells me my device doesn't support playback in HD/HDX.

Comment

Originally posted by Exaltedgod View Post
                              What is up with the new permissions. There is not a logi"al reason for you to have my location. I might be able to understand the new identity requirement, but I think it would be in everyone's best interest to know the reason for the permissions.

Until then, I won't be updating the app.
                              Originally posted by Pekkhum View Post
                              None of this explains why the app suddenly wants to know where I am. Can we get an more thorough list of changes?
                              I'm gonna guess because of regional restrictions. VUDU is only meant to be used in the U.S.

Comment

Working...
                              X