Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU App Release Notes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU App Release Notes

So the VUDU app for iOS is nice but I starting to dislike the fact that when I try to search for my movies, it searches for the whole VUDU database instead. I want to be able to search my own movies instead like before.

Now I can't search for titles like "The Collector, Hannibal Rising... and others" I have to scroll thru all my movies to be able to watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeshu View Post
      So the VUDU app for iOS is nice but I starting to dislike the fact that when I try to search for my movies, it searches for the whole VUDU database instead. I want to be able to search my own movies instead like before.

Now I can't search for titles like "The Collector, Hannibal Rising... and others" I have to scroll thru all my movies to be able to watch them.
      Worse for me is when the title is no longer for sale. Wargames (1983) is an example. When I search it doesn't show at all, even though I own it. I have to page thru all of my movies to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by tsken02 View Post
        Worse for me is when the title is no longer for sale. Wargames (1983) is an example. When I search it doesn't show at all, even though I own it. I have to page thru all of my movies to find it.
        I wish this would be fixed as well. This was also present with the last version as well as the online site.

Also still broken is the app Downloads pages - when internet is down (which is often when you use downloaded Vudu files) the thumbnails do not appear on the downloaded items. So there is no way to see what the titles are without either 1) playing them. or 2) Remembering their order from when you previously saw the thumbnails.

This can be fixed in two ways - 1) cache the thumbnails until the downloaded files are deleted or 2)Only in the downloads section , have the title of the file display in plain text under the [blank] thumbnail.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond204 View Post
          I wish this would be fixed as well. This was also present with the last version as well as the online site.

Also still broken is the app Downloads pages - when internet is down (which is often when you use downloaded Vudu files) the thumbnails do not appear on the downloaded items. So there is no way to see what the titles are without either 1) playing them. or 2) Remembering their order from when you previously saw the thumbnails.

This can be fixed in two ways - 1) cache the thumbnails until the downloaded files are deleted or 2)Only in the downloads section , have the title of the file display in plain text under the [blank] thumbnail.
          Great idea! That's exactly what I would have suggested. (And a good portion of my job is finding Levels of Effort for different solutions, and then deciding which one to implement.)

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
            Great idea! That's exactly what I would have suggested. (And a good portion of my job is finding Levels of Effort for different solutions, and then deciding which one to implement.)
            This was fixed in the yesterday's version ( Nov/24 )

Comment

Originally posted by rafael.torres View Post
              This was fixed in the yesterday's version ( Nov/24 )
              Related to this topic, I used to be able to watch a downloaded movie on my android phone without it using streaming data. Now, watching a downloaded movie streams via the cell/wifi signal instead of just playing off the SD card without using data streaming, whether I like it or not. Can this be fixed/reinstated? Or, can you create an "offline mode" option (toggle switch in vudu settings for android ) while the phone is still connected, rather than airplane mode? Basically, I want to be able to watch a downloaded movie (no streaming) and still be able to receive phone calls, again without using streaming data via cell/wifi for the movie watching. This was the case before the great update. It really is a great update! Thanks!

Comment

Cool! Any chance we can get keyboard controls next?

Comment

Originally posted by dmaluna View Post
                  Related to this topic, I used to be able to watch a downloaded movie on my android phone without it using streaming data. Now, watching a downloaded movie streams via the cell/wifi signal instead of just playing off the SD card without using data streaming, whether I like it or not. Can this be fixed/reinstated? Or, can you create an "offline mode" option (toggle switch in vudu settings for android ) while the phone is still connected, rather than airplane mode? Basically, I want to be able to watch a downloaded movie (no streaming) and still be able to receive phone calls, again without using streaming data via cell/wifi for the movie watching. This was the case before the great update. It really is a great update! Thanks!
                  Thanks for the feedback! So far the offline mode is implemented in "seamless" mode. The app automatically goes to offline mode when no internet is found after device's connectivity status is changed.

Even when connectivity is available, only very few data is used when you are playing a downloaded content. The majority of the data is used during initialization sequence to perform some operations like "sync your rented/owned" content.

Based on that, there are two suggestions to achieve a "close to the desired behaviour" using the current app:

1) Disable only the data on your phone, instead of disabling data + voice (airplane mode). In this way you can still receive phone calls and watch your downloaded content. I cannot provide detailed instruction of how to do it, because instructions changes a lot based on which android flavor your devices has.

2) Enable airplane mode. Open VUDU app (You should be automatically redirect to "Downloads" section). Then you can disable airplane mode. After enabling it the app won't be using zero data, but it will consume very few KB as long as you don't leave the "Downloads" section

Comment

Is there a reason why older titles that I own in HDX only play in SD on the app? So far I've tried Captain Blood, The Adventures of Robin Hood, and Death Takes a Holiday and all of them were only available in SD even though I own the HDX copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_ME View Post
                      Is there a reason why older titles that I own in HDX only play in SD on the app? So far I've tried Captain Blood, The Adventures of Robin Hood, and Death Takes a Holiday and all of them were only available in SD even though I own the HDX copy.
                      What's the make and model of the device you're using?
                      Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_ME View Post
                        Not all titles are available in HDX on Android yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          Not all titles are available in HDX on Android yet.
                          Thanks for this information Jake. Is HDX coming soon for the missing titles or is the limit coming from the studios?

Either way, is there a way to indicate in the app on each movie page what level quality is available for streaming?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond204 View Post
                            Thanks for this information Jake. Is HDX coming soon for the missing titles or is the limit coming from the studios?

Either way, is there a way to indicate in the app on each movie page what level quality is available for streaming?
                            They will be added over time (relatively soon), probably prioritized by popularity.

Comment

Jake,

How about searching for titles that are no longer available for rent or purchase that are currently owned? Currently we need to scroll just like tsken02 mentioned, can't search for Wargames (1983), The collector, hannibal rising...
                              We used to have that capability on the phone app, now it's a bit annoying. I don't see the point of seraching for the whole VUDU inventory if we can't do an in-app purchase.
                              The search function should be more focus to what's currently owned.

Comment

Is there ANY way you can get the DRM tweaked to allow HD/HDX playback on KitKat devices? Though AFAIK every other GS4 on the planet has been upgraded to 5.0.1, my carrier (Cricket) refuses to budge past 4.4.2. And Samsung keeps promising a Lollipop update for my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, but has yet to deliver (latest ETA is early 2016). Both are more than capable of HDX playback except for Vudu's choosing a DRM that only supports it on Lollipop & later; every other UV app appears to support HD on KitKat.

Comment

Working...
                                X