Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU App Release Notes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU App Release Notes

Any news on an Android TV app ? Working off a google TV app and the devices are discontinued and getting hard to replace as they fail from old age. I don't get full functionality from the Vudu Spark.

Comment

Thanks for adding the people search feature to the latest android update! That was a long time coming...

Comment

Is there any news on adding HD and/or HDX support for iOS devices? I know many of us have been in the waiting period for awhile, and are getting a big discouraged.

Any news at all would be appreciated.

Comment

It was hinted over a year ago, but never delivered.

http://blog.vudu.com/?p=11313#respond

UHD said they would deliver it with "Copy and Export", but that has been delayed.

Before UHD, there was CFF, also promised it. It's now marked as "Optional" and no one ever delivered.

I expect there's a good reason, but no one will say.

Comment

I'm loving the Android app updates! I have a question on how the "Only at Wal-Mart" feature works. Will there always be an exclusive offer when visiting your local Wal-Mart store? When I'm at the store, I open the Vudu app, my location services are enabled for the app, but when I click on "Only at Wal-Mart" it just show me the locations of nearby Wal-Mart stores, but no offers. Just curious!

Comment

Minimum requirements for HD/HDX

Originally posted by supaet View Post
              is there a list of hdx supported tablet?
              I tried nexus 7 2013 and a more recent lenovo tab 2 A10. both running lolipop with quad core processors, and they're both not supported for hd/hdx playback
              Originally posted by supaet View Post
              it's not just lollipop though, there are many devices with lollipop and not rooted, yet still can't get hdx/hd VUDU

I have asked for a million times for a list of hdx compatible phones/tablets, so I don't go out and spend $500 on an android lollipop phone or tablet to use vudu hdx on the go, just to find out that they are not being supported.

VuDu Engineering:
              Above are quotes of a common question that has not been answered. This is not just a "question out of curiosity", it's a very important issue for VuDu users... to help them to be able to select an Android device that would have this functionality. Android devices cover a multitude of manufacturers, models and specifications... I doubt very seriously that VuDu is willing to verify every single mfr/model of Android devices.

Hopefully the software engineers have implemented a "self test" mode in the app that will run a few tests on the device itself when the app starts-up. This should cover "most" cases, however the self-test qualifications would need to include test criteria that allows for as broad an acceptance as possible... based on the necessary performance to perform well in HD/HDX modes.

Personally, I have an ASUS 10.1" HD Transformer tf700t tablet that does not allow HD/HDX. It has a 1920x1200 display, Nvidia Tegra 3 T33, Quad-core processor running @ 1.8GHz, Android 6.0.1 (non-stock), with 32GB internal storage plus 64GB of microSD storage. It's being limited to SD... which is horrid on such a large, beautiful display. I consistently get 20-25Mbps downlink speed, and 25Mbps uplink speed - using Ookla Speedtest... so it's plenty to support HDX, multiple times over.

A quote regarding the Asus tf700t GPU:
              "The GPU in Tegra 3 is an evolution of the Tegra 2 GPU, with 4 additional pixel shader units and higher clock frequency. It can also output video up to 2560?1600 resolution and supports 1080p MPEG-4 AVC/h.264 40 Mbit/s High-Profile, VC1-AP, and simpler forms of MPEG-4 such as DivX and Xvid."

I have other devices that DO allow HD/HDX to play... including a Roku, a Sony BD player, an HTC One m7 (Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300, rooted & running non-stock Android 5.1), and a Google/Nexus 7 tablet (Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait). So... "by the specs", my Asus transformer tf700t should be more "qualified" than either my Nexus 7 or my HTC One.

I'm a EE, and have been in product design engineering for over 25 years, and there obviously has to be a set of parameters that devices must meet-or-exceed in order to qualify... this is what we're looking for.

If there is only an "approved mfr/model" devices list... that is simply FAR too limiting... with the broad field of available Android devices these days... and would take far too much time to keep updated.

Many thanks!

Comment

Re: Minimum requirements for HD/HDX

Originally posted by rontom View Post
                VuDu Engineering:
                Above are quotes of a common question that has not been answered. This is not just a "question out of curiosity", it's a very important issue for VuDu users... to help them to be able to select an Android device that would have this functionality. Android devices cover a multitude of manufacturers, models and specifications... I doubt very seriously that VuDu is willing to verify every single mfr/model of Android devices.

Hopefully the software engineers have implemented a "self test" mode in the app that will run a few tests on the device itself when the app starts-up. This should cover "most" cases, however the self-test qualifications would need to include test criteria that allows for as broad an acceptance as possible... based on the necessary performance to perform well in HD/HDX modes.

Personally, I have an ASUS 10.1" HD Transformer tf700t tablet that does not allow HD/HDX. It has a 1920x1200 display, Nvidia Tegra 3 T33, Quad-core processor running @ 1.8GHz, Android 6.0.1 (non-stock), with 32GB internal storage plus 64GB of microSD storage. It's being limited to SD... which is horrid on such a large, beautiful display. I consistently get 20-25Mbps downlink speed, and 25Mbps uplink speed - using Ookla Speedtest... so it's plenty to support HDX, multiple times over.

A quote regarding the Asus tf700t GPU:
                "The GPU in Tegra 3 is an evolution of the Tegra 2 GPU, with 4 additional pixel shader units and higher clock frequency. It can also output video up to 2560?1600 resolution and supports 1080p MPEG-4 AVC/h.264 40 Mbit/s High-Profile, VC1-AP, and simpler forms of MPEG-4 such as DivX and Xvid."

I have other devices that DO allow HD/HDX to play... including a Roku, a Sony BD player, an HTC One m7 (Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300, rooted & running non-stock Android 5.1), and a Google/Nexus 7 tablet (Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait). So... "by the specs", my Asus transformer tf700t should be more "qualified" than either my Nexus 7 or my HTC One.

I'm a EE, and have been in product design engineering for over 25 years, and there obviously has to be a set of parameters that devices must meet-or-exceed in order to qualify... this is what we're looking for.

If there is only an "approved mfr/model" devices list... that is simply FAR too limiting... with the broad field of available Android devices these days... and would take far too much time to keep updated.

Many thanks!

HD/HDX playable capability is in general restricted by DRM limitation instead of hardware "processing power". Check this other thread for further explanation:

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...15#post1290515

Comment

Hi,

The ASUS Transformer tf700t is 4 years old, and apparently does not support Widevine Level 1 DRM (required for HD playback on Android).

Comment

What's required for Widevine Level 1 DRM compatibility? Is it a hardware issue, software, or hardware/&/software ?

Comment

Sorry to jump in but what are some factors other than DRM that would cause SD only play...? I have a VZW HTC M8, (stock, never rooted, marshmallow) and will only play in SD. Checked the links in previous post and it is a Level 1, so hd/hdx is supported. I hadn't used vudu app for awhile but after receiving a blu ray as a gift I wanted to watch movie on my phone. The app shows owned HDX and watch in HDX but only plays in SD no matter what, even after reselecting HDX in tab. I can also download in HDX but when attempting to play I receiver an error that Vudu app should close/reopen and try again, SD downloads play just fine. Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, clear caches, etc...no luck...and trying to install previous versions result in being unusable unti updating to latest version. Out of curiosity I had my sister try vudu on her Nexus 6 played hdx no problem.....

any info would be great....thanks

Comment

Re: VUDU App Release Notes: Zoom in

What is the new zoom feature on the app? Is it for aspect ratios? How do you activate it?

Comment

Working...
                        X