Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Error 0xA3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Error 0xA3

iPad 2nd gen
    IOS: 9.3.5
    VUDU Version: 5.2
    Movies: Fifty Shades Darker SD, MI:4 SD, Age Of Adalline SD, Cloudy w/a Chance of Meatballs 2 SD, Jack Reacher SD, The Lucky One, Hotel Transylvania SD, Never Been Kissed SD
    I get the error as soon as I press download. I have been able to download some with not error at all.

VUDU Please fix this issue!!!

Comment

Seriously this is still an issue? Can we get a status Vudu?

I'm wondering if Vudu is limiting downloads per account. We have 2 iPads I was trying to download movies for an upcoming trip for the kids. Kid #1 / iPad #1 was able to download about 6 movies ok then it started having the error. Kid #2 / iPad #2 was able to do 2 movies before it errored.

What's interesting is.....on iPad #1 signed into my main Vudu account - I can't download anything right now.
      If I sign out and into a Share my Movies account - I can start downloading again.

Vudu are you restricting total downloads per account?!? This is purchased content that you aren't allowing me to have.

Can't wait for the new Apple TV in the fall with 4K - might have to start giving my money to someone else.

EDIT: Uninstall and reinstall of app on both iPads seems to have gotten downloads started again. Will watch to see if we start getting errors after downloading a certain amount of movies.

EDIT 2: Was able to download 4 movies on iPad #1 and 3 movies on iPad #2 before I started getting the error. Was able to download a 5th movie to iPad #1, but then anything after that fails on both. This is just awful!

EDIT 3: Also frustratingly random. Sometimes you will get a movie that works, right next to one that doesn't. Maybe Vudu should change their movie listings to show which ones they don't allow downloads for!

EDIT 4: Able to download Boss Baby on iPad #1. Go to download on iPad #2 - it fails.

EDIT 5: Can't believe I'm saying this but thanks to the Flixster app!!! I'm able to download a bunch in that app (some in HD as well!) Make no mistake, there are a TON that have Playback unavailable - part of the reason why UV is just a mess!!

Comment

Pretty clear after reading this thread and my own experience: Vudu is limiting the number of movies you can download to 2. As with another comment, when I delete a movie I can download another, but never more than 2 at a time. Should be simple way to confirm this VUDU. Has anyone been able to download more than two movies at a time?

iPhone SE
        Cell/Wifi - using Wifi
        iOS 10.2
        Vudu 5.2 (183631)

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyDave View Post
          Pretty clear after reading this thread and my own experience: Vudu is limiting the number of movies you can download to 2. As with another comment, when I delete a movie I can download another, but never more than 2 at a time. Should be simple way to confirm this VUDU. Has anyone been able to download more than two movies at a time?

iPhone SE
          Cell/Wifi - using Wifi
          iOS 10.2
          Vudu 5.2 (183631)
          Yes, I have the following currently downloaded:

-iPhone = 5 movies
          -iPad #1 = 4 movies
          -iPad #2 = 5 movies

I can't find a pattern. Some movies download fine, others don't. Other movies downloaded find on one device and not on the other. Deleting the app seemed to allow downloads for a while, but I still hit the error over and over.

Trying to load up choices for a long vacation has been an awful experieince. Flixster app helped a little with the ability to download a couple UV titles - but UV itself is a mess. It's basically Vudu or everything else (which means Vudu or crap).

I should be able to download 128GB of movies if I wanted to onto my device. I haven't seen a single policy that states otherwise.

Comment

Vudu, Where is the update on this error? It has clearly been going on for months and we need solutions.

Comment

We are still investigating this bug. We have tried several different scenarios with all of the information given to us by you guys and we cannot replicate this issue.

If a couple of folks are willing to work with me and do some testing for this specific issue, please PM me. I'll be happy to compensate you for your time.

Comment

FilipeF: For starters, why don?t you tell us what the Vudu Error Code: 0xA3 means. Nowhere in this thread have I found a definition. Clearly Vudu has a list of error codes and their definitions. Please share that with us. Best I can tell from everyone?s experience plus my own, 0xA3 means we have reached a limit on the number of movies we can download. I have never seen any Vudu documentation indicating there was a limit to the number of movies you can download. There was a time when I could download as many as I wanted.

So, simple question: what does the error code: 0xA3 mean?

Thanks

Comment

If I delete the app and reload it I can start downloading movies again. If I do 1 at a time and wait until it completes before starting the next download I do not get the error. Just did 4 movies. If I try to do multiple downloads and have the others waiting in que then after 2movies I get the error. Very frustrating long trip tomorrow and I am not deleting app again to start over so I guess we will only have 4 movies.

Comment

We've already tried downloading several pieces of content simultaneously with no issues from various iOS devices from various accounts. Doesn't seem to be a "limit" issue.

Comment

VUDU still has not answered the simplest of questions: "What is the definition of the '0xA3' error code?"
                      Certainly VUDU has a list of error codes and their meanings... If you don't know, a developer could answer that in about 5 minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                        If you're experiencing this exact issue, can you please provide the following details.

- iOS device iPad Air 2 128GB
                        - iOS version 10.3.3
                        - Vudu app version 5.2
                        - Connection type (cell data or WiFi) and ISP/Cell Carrier Home WiFi & WOW! is ISP
                        - Titles you're attempting to download and their definition (SD/HDX) Every one is HDX definition: Dr. Strange, Matrix, Braveheart, Tomorrowland, Kingsmen, The man from UNCLE
                        - At what point after to you tap on "download" does the error message appear?
                        Immediately upon pressing the download button

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyDave View Post
                          VUDU still has not answered the simplest of questions: "What is the definition of the '0xA3' error code?"
                          Certainly VUDU has a list of error codes and their meanings... If you don't know, a developer could answer that in about 5 minutes...
                          It's not that simple to be honest. It's a very broad error message which can be caused by several factors. There is no set definition for it's root cause. This is why this bug is very difficult to decipher.

Comment

If you're experiencing this exact issue, can you please provide the following details.

- iOS device
                            - iOS version
                            - Vudu app version
                            - Connection type (cell data or WiFi) and ISP/Cell Carrier
                            - Titles you're attempting to download and their definition (SD/HDX)
                            - At what point after to you tap on "download" does the error message appear?
                            Device - iPad 2
                            iOS Version - 9.3.5
                            Vudu App Version - 5.2 (183631)
                            Connection Type - WiFi, Comcast
                            Current Titles That Error (all SD): Interstellar, Fifth Element, Transporter 2, Trading Places, and anything else I try to download from my collection after the error on Interstellar. This is the third time I've started over. The titles vary each time.
                            The error message appears the instant I press the "download" button.

This is maddening... I would be sick if I tallied up how much I've spent on movies, and now only to not be able to download and watch them when traveling without internet. I've wiped and restored my device, deleted and reinstalled the app, and each time started re-downloading the select few that wind up working before this dreaded 0xA3 error. Each time, it seems to be a roll of the dice as to when the download error will crop up, and each time I grow more frustrated.

Comment

Disclaimer: I'm not any kind of computer programmer so I do not claim to understand any part of how that affects the software.

I get this error on multiple Apple devices and I've tried all of the normal fixes (reset, uninstall, deactivate device, etc) and those seem to give a temporary patch that will allow 1-2 downloads before the issue reoccurs.

But I just wanted to share some data in hopes that it can help towards the finding of a solution. I sorted my library by Release Date, and I found that if I go back to titles that are about a year old, I can download without a problem, of course as long as I still only do one at a time and don't have multiple waiting in the queue. And maybe it is not tied to how long ago the movie is released but it is causing an error with the most recent x number of titles added to the library. I don't know. Could be.

Well, just wanted to share that I'm have the error, but I'm having quasi-success under these conditions.

Thanks, Vudu, for an amazing service. I love it. And I know that you're working on this bug.

Comment

We are still investigating this bug. We have tried several different scenarios with all of the information given to us by you guys and we cannot replicate this issue.

If a couple of folks are willing to work with me and do some testing for this specific issue, please PM me. I'll be happy to compensate you for your time.
                                I shared a post on 8-16-17 with my info. I just tried again tonight. Successfully downloaded The Man From UNCLE, but Tomorrowland, The Matrix and Kingsman still fail immediately. I deleted some movies, but still fail. I have Passengers, Fantastic Beasts, Blade II, six episodes of Game Of Thrones, and now Man from UNCLE. Plenty of space on iPad how else can I help?

Comment

Working...
                                X