Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Free Content on Vudu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Content on Vudu

It's been mentioned in another thread, but I thought I'd post it here:

Starting today (1/16/2008), the first episode of the first season of every TV show on Vudu is now free. Additionally, there are a number of old, classic comedies (some Cary Grant, some Abott and Costello, etc) that are also free to rent.

Enjoy! Hopefully there will be more goodies like this in the future...

Re: Free Content on Vudu

Seems like a really good marketing idea to generate more sales...

Also, I'm hoping more tv shows are "in the pipeline." There are a lot of shows I'd like to catch up on.

Comment

Checked out the free tv, but couldn't find anything free.

The first episode of the first season says "own it for 50 cents"

I did find free classic movie rentals !

Comment

Hmmm, sounds like you got the rapper version of the database. Could you please post your Client ID (looks like 0x12ab) from Info and Settings? This will let the Vudu engineers peek at your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
          Hmmm, sounds like you got the rapper version of the database. Could you please post your Client ID (looks like 0x12ab) from Info and Settings? This will let the Vudu engineers peek at your situation.
          Sure, it's says system ID 0x4f0e

Also says Pending Database version 14:1448

P.S. I did have Vudu disconnected from the internet for a day while testing Apple TV. That may have caused the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertHodge View Post
            Sure, it's says system ID 0x4f0e

Also says Pending Database version 14:1448

P.S. I did have Vudu disconnected from the internet for a day while testing Apple TV. That may have caused the problem.
            Yes. 1448 is the newest. When that comes down you should have the free tv content.

Comment

Just checked and mine is now 50 cents...was free a few days ago. Not sure if they changed the promotion, or if it's an error.

Comment

Darn it - that was one of the shortest lived promotions I've seen! I wish I had gone and bought each of the free first episodes now.

The first ep's are 50c on my vudu now too.

Comment

Well, when you take into account inflation, 50 cents is practically free!

We've reported this to the authorities.

Comment

I've been enjoying some of the free TV shows - pretty cool! Excellent marketing idea as I will likely purchase TV shows in the future after trying this feature out!

By the way - I was watching one last night and my show actually caught up to the download b/c I got a message that told me that I was at the end of the available content (or something to that affect). I paused it for a about 2 minutes and then everything was just fine.

But I find that rather odd as my connection speed is typically around 4.5mbps.

Comment

Originally posted by mebby View Post
                      I've been enjoying some of the free TV shows - pretty cool! Excellent marketing idea as I will likely purchase TV shows in the future after trying this feature out!

By the way - I was watching one last night and my show actually caught up to the download b/c I got a message that told me that I was at the end of the available content (or something to that affect). I paused it for a about 2 minutes and then everything was just fine.

But I find that rather odd as my connection speed is typically around 4.5mbps.
                      Theoretically, something like this could happen for a number of reasons:

* Your connection speed was down (cable modem speeds aren't guaranteed but depend on usage on your local node).
                      * You could have had a bad peer or a couple of them - this doesn't always happen (rarely in fact) but I have seen it on rare occasions.
                      * Phase of the moon was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
                        Well, when you take into account inflation, 50 cents is practically free!

We've reported this to the authorities.
                        This is not acceptable. It could wipe out my $50 credit by the end of the year!

As far as I'm concerned, most TV content should be "Own for 50 cents, Rent for $0.00"

Comment

Originally posted by RobertHodge View Post
                          This is not acceptable. It could wipe out my $50 credit by the end of the year!

As far as I'm concerned, most TV content should be "Own for 50 cents, Rent for $0.00"
                          Agreed. That would be way cool...

Then just if Vudu could get current run shows in HD...I'd be one happy camper...

It's the future...

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                            Theoretically, something like this could happen for a number of reasons:

* Your connection speed was down (cable modem speeds aren't guaranteed but depend on usage on your local node).
                            * You could have had a bad peer or a couple of them - this doesn't always happen (rarely in fact) but I have seen it on rare occasions.
                            * Phase of the moon was wrong.
                            I figured it was something similar to that (well - all except for the moon phases). No big deal unless I see a trend. But I've watched enough movies on the device to know that this issue was a fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by mebby View Post
                              I figured it was something similar to that (well - all except for the moon phases). No big deal unless I see a trend. But I've watched enough movies on the device to know that this issue was a fluke.
                              Same here. I have a 6 mbps down and a couple of times I have had the current position hit into the "buffer area" of the playback bar. Looking at my router graphs defiantly was an issue with AT&T DSL killing me causing all my application went down to almost zero transfers at the same time.

Best to keep an eye open on what your ISP is doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X