Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

D-Link DGL-4300 router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-Link DGL-4300 router

Just wanted to say that I'm using the D-Link DGL-4300 Gaming router with Firmware v1.8.
    The VUDU box connected right away and has been downloading since last night.

Re: D-Link DGL-4300 router

Originally posted by aaronwt View Post
    Just wanted to say that I'm using the D-Link DGL-4300 Gaming router with Firmware v1.8.
    Some D-Link routers have problems with their ethernet ports locking up when you have lots of packets running through. During one phase of beta testing with Vudu, I had one of my D-Link switches/routers go nuts. I think Ron saw this too. My main D-Link DSS-16 switch never had a problem though.

Newer models like yours might be better.

Comment

I checked your box a couple of hours ago, and it seems well connected!

-- Greg

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
        Some D-Link routers have problems with their ethernet ports locking up when you have lots of packets running through. During one phase of beta testing with Vudu, I had one of my D-Link switches/routers go nuts. I think Ron saw this too. My main D-Link DSS-16 switch never had a problem though.

Newer models like yours might be better.
        I'm glad I'm not having any problems.
        The DGL-4300 is a gigabit router(although the WAN port is only 100mbs. The new D-Link Gaming router has a Gigabit WAN port). I'm also using six D-Link gigabit switches(combinations of DGS-2208 and DGS-2205)I just recently replaced all my netgear gigabit switches with D-link Gigabit switches.
        Anyway everything seems fine so far. I have 28 devices that require an IP address on my Network so far. Not including the FIOS router(that is only used for FIOS VOD and guide data) and the FIOS HD STB that uses MoCA for it network connection from the FIOS router.

Comment

I have 28 devices that require an IP address on my Network so far.
          Cool!

I'm going to have to count how many I have. Not sure if it's 28...It's a lot though. Glad I'm not the only uber-geek with a big home network.

I've only got one Netgear 4 port Gigabit router right now. I have Gig-E on just two devices so I haven't felt the need to invest the $$$ to buy Gig-E switches just yet on a large scale...

I knew I liked you!

Comment

Finally, somebody else with 25+ IP address on their home network! When I tell some folks this they can't imagine how one could "need" so many IP addresses. I run my business out the house, so it was real easy to hit that threshold.

Comment

I started running gigabit in 2001. I had started recording HD OTA with a couple of HiPix HD Tuners. I had to record the HD shows at my girlfriends since I couldn't get reception at home at the time(I tried several antennas back then to no avail)

Any way I recorded them to a removable hard drive and had between 30GB and 50GB of HD shows each week. Then at home I would transfer them over the network to a PC I used for storage and would stream the HD show to my HiPix card and watch on the HD set. An hour show(around 8.5GB) would take over 20 minutes to transfer when I was running 100mbs. When I switched to gigabit it cut the time down to around 8 minutes. Then my network continued to grow over the years. As prices came down I switched from using a PC for a DHCP server to a separate router.
              I did this until 2004 when the HDTiVos came out for DirecTV.

And it seems like I just keep adding devices. My new Denon 3808 receiver even has an Ethernet port now, which really makes firmware updates a breeze. I have a couple of Squeezeboxes for streaming music so I really have no need to stream music to the Denon.

Comment

Anyway everything seems fine so far. I have 28 devices that require an IP address on my Network so far. Not including the FIOS router(that is only used for FIOS VOD and guide data) and the FIOS HD STB that uses MoCA for it network connection from the FIOS router.
                That sure is alot of devices, although I'm not using the DGL-4300, I do own a D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router for my wireless devices, which works very nice, and would recommend it if your ever thinking of upgrading. It is a really nice router.

Yeah, I switched to gigabit a couple years back, I have 18 devices that require an IP address in my home network, and always seems to be growning, but I use the D-Link DIR-655 for wireless devices, a Checkpoint UTM enterprise router for my main firewall router, a Linksys RVS4000 gigabit router for my gigabit devices, an a Infrant 4TB RAID File server to stream music from iTunes, and videos from my Tivo and other sources. I had thought about getting a Squeezebox, but I just don't listen to music enough to justify it right now.

Comment

And it seems like I just keep adding devices. My new Denon 3808 receiver even has an Ethernet port now, which really makes firmware updates a breeze. I have a couple of Squeezeboxes for streaming music so I really have no need to stream music to the Denon.
                  I almost bought the 3808 and in some ways I wish I would have. A good friend who knows home theatre equipment quite well thought it would possibly be too much for my Bose speakers (real ones not the tiny little cubes). And he said that given the fact that I have three other devices for streaming music (Soundbridge M5000, Photobridge HD-1000 and AppleTV), he didn't think I'd use that part of the 3808. So I bought the 2808. I think it needs a firmware upgrade as it won't properly decode 5.1 audio over HDMI from my LG DVD player...

Anyhow, you'll be happy to know that some of Vudu's executive staff came from SlimDevices.

Comment

Well, I just counted up and have about 25 IPs in use!

Comment

I just did an inventory. I have:

5 Vudus
                      4 Tivo Series 3
                      6 Terastations
                      5 Buffalo LinkTheaters
                      5 Laptops
                      2 Desktops
                      1 XBox 360
                      1 Wii
                      1 Laser Printer
                      2 Wireless access points
                      1 Wireless bridge
                      2 Corinex AV200 coaxial ethernet adapters
                      2 Corinex AV200 powerline ethernet adapters
                      3 iPhones
                      1 Denon 3808 CI
                      ----------------
                      41 Total

Comment

Originally posted by redwein View Post
                        I just did an inventory. I have:

5 Vudus
                        4 Tivo Series 3
                        6 Terastations
                        5 Buffalo LinkTheaters
                        5 Laptops
                        2 Desktops
                        1 XBox 360
                        1 Wii
                        1 Laser Printer
                        2 Wireless access points
                        1 Wireless bridge
                        2 Corinex AV200 coaxial ethernet adapters
                        2 Corinex AV200 powerline ethernet adapters
                        3 iPhones
                        1 Denon 3808 CI
                        ----------------
                        41 Total
                        I think we have a winner. I thought I had a lot of devices.
                        What is a Buffalo Link Theater? I have a couple of the Gigabit Linkstations NAS boxes.

Alot of VUDUs also.
                        How does it work when you have multiple VUDUs on your account? Is the money pulled from the one account and then each box is listed separately. Or do you have an account for each VUDU box?

Comment

How does it work when you have multiple VUDUs on your account? Is the money pulled from the one account and then each box is listed separately. Or do you have an account for each VUDU box?
                          It's one account with multiple boxes. So it's one recurring charge whenever it needs to be replenished - not two.

Right now, you can't see what box rents what movie. It's all merged on one page.

Comment

What is a Buffalo Link Theater? I have a couple of the Gigabit Linkstations NAS boxes.
                            It's a network media player that is designed to work automatically with the Terastations. When I bought mine, it had a built in DVD player, which was nice. It looks like they can't sell them now because they have Wifi built in and they are being sued and have an injunction against them. So maybe it is good that Vudu doesn't have Wifi built in.

I use them to play the 700 movies, family videos and photographs that I have stored on the Terastations.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                              It's one account with multiple boxes. So it's one recurring charge whenever it needs to be replenished - not two.

Right now, you can't see what box rents what movie. It's all merged on one page.
                              That doesn't sound as useful then. Isn't each movie you rent/purchase only available on that specific box?
                              I would hope at some point they list them separately so you can easily see what might be on a particular box.

Comment

Working...
                              X