Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu iPhone Remote Control Ap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vudu iPhone Remote Control Ap

Hey all,

If you have an XL or are lucky enough to be one of the BX100 users who still has network control and you have an iPhone, there's an iPhone app out there for controlling your Vudu. It's called iVudu and I just purchased it ($2.99) from the App store. It works pretty well and uses the touch screen of the ipod as basically the Vudu scroll wheel.

Just go to the App Store and search for iVudu.

Re: Vudu iPhone Remote Control Ap

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
    Hey all,

If you have an XL or are lucky enough to be one of the BX100 users who still has network control and you have an iPhone, there's an iPhone app out there for controlling your Vudu. It's called iVudu and I just purchased it ($2.99) from the App store. It works pretty well and uses the touch screen of the ipod as basically the Vudu scroll wheel.

Just go to the App Store and search for iVudu.
    I really wish that was available for the standard box. I frequently get frustrated with the remotes. It's the only thing I really don't like about the Vudu and I find it worse (because of performance issues) than any remote I have ever used for any product.

Comment

Originally posted by redwein View Post
      I really wish that was available for the standard box. I frequently get frustrated with the remotes. It's the only thing I really don't like about the Vudu and I find it worse (because of performance issues) than any remote I have ever used for any product.
      Tom,

You've been a user from early on and should have been grandfathered in on Network Remote on your boxes. Did you never have it active before?

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
        Tom,

You've been a user from early on and should have been grandfathered in on Network Remote on your boxes. Did you never have it active before?
        Actually I didn't because I didn't want to do the work myself for the IP control stuff and I don't use a universal remote. Now that there is an iPhone app, it is very appealing to me. I wonder if they will let me in the club now.

As a funny story, I tried out a similar app for a Tivo remote on my iPhone and my wife didn't know I had it. I kept making the show stop while we were watching it and she was going crazy. Then I went to the find shows dialog and typed in "HELP ME MARY". You should have seen her face. Then she looked at me and figured it out. It was priceless.

Comment

Actually I didn't because I didn't want to do the work myself for the IP control stuff and I don't use a universal remote. Now that there is an iPhone app, it is very appealing to me. I wonder if they will let me in the club now.

As a funny story, I tried out a similar app for a Tivo remote on my iPhone and my wife didn't know I had it. I kept making the show stop while we were watching it and she was going crazy. Then I went to the find shows dialog and typed in "HELP ME MARY". You should have seen her face. Then she looked at me and figured it out. It was priceless.
          Good one. I only had to pause the show 2 or 3 times before my daughter knew that I must be behind it somehow.

Comment

Ok, so I now have an XL and am using the iPhone remote control app. Overall, it works very well. It's nice that I don't lose any "clicks" like I was doing with my RF remote (at least the one in my office). The ability to enter text via a "keyboard" instead of the scroll wheel is definitely helpful.

The only downside I have found is that you obviously can't feel what you are doing so you have to look at it a bit as you first start out. But the layout is pretty convenient and you can get good at doing it without looking pretty quickly. The only suggestion about the app itself is that it does its own keyboard (and it's not QWERTY). I'd prefer if you could use the normal iPhone keyboard or at least make it QWERTY.

Comment

The only suggestion about the app itself is that it does its own keyboard (and it's not QWERTY). I'd prefer if you could use the normal iPhone keyboard or at least make it QWERTY.
              Redwein,

Thanks for the update. Have you contacted the developer of this application? I don't think there is much VUDU can do when a "Fan" of VUDU develops applications like these.

Since I don't own a iPhone is it possible you can post some pictures of what the UI looks like?

Comment

You can see the screenshots and info about what it does at:

http://www.completeremote.com/index....vudu&Itemid=56

Comment

Thanks for the link....

Comment

I've been in contact with the developer.

He used a key pad layout similar to Vudu's to make it look like it. Second, apparently, to use the Apple keyboard required a lot of extra hooks and programming. He said he'll consider it.

I would contact him. He seemed to be pretty nice when I had a couple exchanges with him.

If you can't locate his e-mail, I know I have it.

Comment

Re: Vudu iPhone Remote Control App

Hello everyone,

I am the developer of the VUDU iRemote iPhone application. Thanks for comments on the application. You can contact me about the application at darryl@completeremote.com. The following list is what is planned for the next release.

Connection retry after initial launch failure
                      Cap/Lower case keyboard
                      Multiple VUDU box setup
                      Sound output with option to turn off.

Any other suggestion will be considered.

Yes it would be nice if VUDU would support Net Remote on all boxes.
                      Installers should be aware of one issue with Net Remote that may affect the function of VUDU iRemote. One installer using a Crestron controller has allready ran in to this issue. Net Remote will only handle one connection at a time and it will disconnect a connection if another user tries to connect. Therefore, a controller that tries to reconnect after losing a connection will make the VUDU iRemote not work. I do not try to reconnect after startup. It would be helpfull if the VUDU box would support more than one Net Remote connection to better support the XL boxes. Maybe one connection on the other boxes would make everyone happy.

Enjoy the App and I will do what I can to make it better.

Comment

Hey, Thanks for the update. I really like the app and am pretty much exclusively using it for my 1 XL that is in a location that seems to have RF interference that makes the standard RF remote not respond reliably.

Comment

Originally posted by darrylg View Post
                          Yes it would be nice if VUDU would support Net Remote on all boxes.
                          Installers should be aware of one issue with Net Remote that may affect the function of VUDU iRemote. One installer using a Crestron controller has allready ran in to this issue. Net Remote will only handle one connection at a time and it will disconnect a connection if another user tries to connect. Therefore, a controller that tries to reconnect after losing a connection will make the VUDU iRemote not work. I do not try to reconnect after startup. It would be helpfull if the VUDU box would support more than one Net Remote connection to better support the XL boxes. Maybe one connection on the other boxes would make everyone happy.
                          Controlling one device with multiple controllers is asking for trouble, I think. For a system with a central controller, I would suggest to talk with the iPhone to the central controller (I think there are solutions out there to have iPhones talk to crestron controllers).

Hagen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
                            Controlling one device with multiple controllers is asking for trouble, I think. For a system with a central controller, I would suggest to talk with the iPhone to the central controller (I think there are solutions out there to have iPhones talk to crestron controllers).

Hagen.
                            What does Tivo do? They support net remotes and there are iPhone remotes for it. I'm assuming that the same situation exists for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post

Hagen.
                              With some equipment it is asking for trouble to control the device with multiple controllers. Many controllers do this today with no problem. I thought that if a TCP/IP socket got sent to a controller, it would wait until it received the entire packet before responding to it. If another device were to send a TCP/IP to a controller at the same time, the one that completed first would be commanded on first and then the next one. Sometimes people have fun fighting over control of what to watch. Some of the games are fun on the VUDU box. The old fashion pong game for two people would be cool. Well maybe not.

If multiple connections is a problem over one port, how about multiple ports?

I am sure that if multiple people were tring to control one box while looking at the TV, they would understand what was going on with the cursor. I don't think any real harm can be done to the box by accident, but I may be wrong.

Yes there are Crestron, AMX iPhone applications. Installers should look in to someone writing a iPhone application to control the VUDU box through the Crestron controller. Command Fusion may be your best bet for that. I am not sure if it will have a scroll pad. This just seems to be to much complexity for me.

Darryl

Comment

Working...
                              X