Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

AppleTV vs VUDU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AppleTV vs VUDU

Originally posted by redwein View Post
    So would you not buy a car with the Microsoft Sync system installed. We have 2 of them and they seem to have the best integration for phones, iPods, etc.
    Probably not. For one, I don't like Ford products typically! And second, because I choose to like Apple products, Microsoft products generally don't work too well with what I like to use. I'd likely have to change all my music to protected WMA which isn't supported on the Mac. Yet, while Apple makes you use just the iPod and forces you into iTunes for anything other than MP3, the AAC codec and protected AAC are supported on both Windows and Mac platforms. My Macs can read Windows discs natively w/o extra software. My Windows machines can't, etc.

Some Microsoft products, like Exchange, are terrific (just wish it was easier to configure), while others plain are yuck. And I would consider an X-Box but I probably would get the PS-3 or Wii of I was buying a game console.

Comment

Well I must say that my Ford Fusion and my wife's Lincoln MKX combined with our iPhones and iPods work better than anything else I have ever seen. We also like the cars a lot too. Ford seems to be kicking it up a notch these days. The cars rate better than cars like the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry in Road and Track, Consumer Reports, J.D. Powers, and customer opinions.

This was not a paid advertisement of the Ford Motor Company.

Comment

So using the built-in synch by Microsoft, does the iPhone synch with the car? If so, that's positive.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
          So using the built-in synch by Microsoft, does the iPhone synch with the car? If so, that's positive.
          Yep. It downloads the phone book and call history automatically and lets me use voice commands to call anyone in my phone book or through the touchscreen display. It's pretty cool. You have to plug it in to use the iPod portion of it because the iPhone is not a Bluetooth music device. But if you do, it indexes all of the songs and lets you access albums, artists, tracks and playlists either through the display or by voice command.

The Sync feature was the motivating factor for the purchases. I also bought a Town & Country which has their UConnect and myGig features which are kind of the same thing. However, you don't get the synchronization of the phone book or any music devices. You just get basic Bluetooth phone connection and the ability to copy songs from a USB drive to the car's hard drive. It isn't nearly as nice.

Comment

I'm impressed. If Microsoft makes it possible to attach to and synch with any device, that is simply sweet.

Comment

You can go to the Sync website and see what they have tested for compatability:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...sWithSync.aspx

Comment

I use to buy a car because it had an engine in it and could get me to Blockbuster and back.

Comment

Well I must say that my Ford Fusion and my wife's Lincoln MKX combined with our iPhones and iPods work better than anything else I have ever seen. We also like the cars a lot too. Ford seems to be kicking it up a notch these days. The cars rate better than cars like the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry in Road and Track, Consumer Reports, J.D. Powers, and customer opinions.

I don't want to get off-topic here, but according to Consumer Reports, Ford cars generally still rank pretty low.

Note that according to the Consumer Reports website, for family sedans (39 cars), the Honda Accord V6 ranks 3rd, Toyota Camry V6 ranks 4th, Toyota Camry Hybrid 8th, Honda Accord 4 cyl. 10th, Ford Fusion V6 13th, Toyota Camry 4 cyl. 15th, Ford Fusion 4 cyl. 24th.

The Lincoln MKX ranks 31st out of 40 in the Mid-size SUV category.

--orccro

Comment

Do you ever run into things like in the commerical?

Comment

Yeah, but the XBox is made by Microcrap. It's anathema to a Mac person. Just like RonV won't buy anything Apple, there's a lot of us that hate (or outright refuse) to buy anything manufactured by the Bill Gates Kool-aid company.

Now now Jon, I won't buy a computer from Apple again. But I am not a shill of Microsoft either. I have 8 systems running at this time and only 3 are running windows. The rest are running a Linux. No bias here.

Comment

I have made the switch to Apple and now I am making the switch back to Vista. The truth is Apple vs. MS is getting ridiculous and the media is jumping on the MS bashing bandwagon. I been running Vista since day one and it has been rock solid and flawless. I have had a ridiculous amount of problems on my Mac book pro with leopard than I did with any MS product.

Anyway ATV is not even close to Vudu. Vudu is the product of the decade as far as I am concerned. Its only problems are Studio related and thats not Vudus fault.(just like its not MS fault for vendors drivers that people are complaining about).

Comment

Originally posted by Petercarbo View Post
                          Anyway ATV is not even close to Vudu. Vudu is the product of the decade as far as I am concerned. Its only problems are Studio related and thats not Vudus fault.(just like its not MS fault for vendors drivers that people are complaining about).
                          You must have read the same article I read about how vendors hate writing drivers for older hardware since they don't make money it. That is one reason why Vista driver support is lagging. Microsoft will write a low function / level driver for any vendor that is willing to subcontract the work to them for older hardware. HP does this for a lot of their older printers.

Comment

I don't want to get off track or start a war on OS'S. But I just can't stand reading these anti Vista articles from ignorant reporters. The Vista OS is great, its rock solid, its secure, it has a ton of great features. But you have this ignorant media bandwagon that keeps posting articles on its demise without any accurate information. The biggest complaints about Vista are not even MS faults. Drivers are not MS responsibility, they are not like Apple with their limited configurations. Vista has to have 200 times if not more available for it. So if these other companies wanted to sell newer versions of software and hardware by not releasing fixes for their older stuff, the bandwagon has to stop blaming MS.

I for one have not had a single problem driver or software related. I have had a ton of problems on Leopard, which is Apples version of Win ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Petercarbo View Post
                              I have had a ton of problems on Leopard, which is Apples version of Win ME.
                              Leopard has it's problems but it's not Win ME and that's not a fair comparison at all. The biggest issue with Leopard is permissions if you've upgraded from a Tiger or earlier OS. A clean install works very well.

What I dislike about Vista is everything is effectively done inside IE 7.

Comment

Leopard has it's problems but it's not Win ME and that's not a fair comparison at all. The biggest issue with Leopard is permissions if you've upgraded from a Tiger or earlier OS. A clean install works very well.

What I dislike about Vista is everything is effectively done inside IE 7.
                                I have a clean install on New MacBook Pro and it works terrible. Wifi connections problems, printer problems, old software problems.

What exactly is wrong with Vistas IE 7? It surfs the web just fine. These vague comments are all you hear but no one has a any specifics.

Comment

Working...
                                X