Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Feburary Poll-VUDU Movie Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feburary Poll-VUDU Movie Selection

I have a question for those that voted two stars:

Did the rent vs. buy have a impact on your vote?

Comment

Yes, the rent vs. buy issue was the main reason for a two star vote. It's not that I don't like to wait for recent movies to be offered for rent. I just wish more of the older movies were rentable. I fully understand that it's something that will have to work itself out as the digital marketplace matures. I'm not unhappy. Just hopeful for change (this is definitely not a veiled political endorsement).

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by fkasten View Post
        I just wish more of the older movies were rentable. I fully understand that it's something that will have to work itself out as the digital marketplace matures.
        Please see the sticky in this forum for an in-depth explanation on the older movies. I agree with you that it would be nice, but given the complexities of the movie industry as a whole it is going to take some time for this to mature...

Comment

Originally posted by RonV View Post
          I have a question for those that voted two stars:

Did the rent vs. buy have a impact on your vote?
          It wasn't just the rent vs buy that did it for me, It was also the selection. When I took my 150+ entry Netflix queue and went looking for the movies on my Vudu, only a very small portion of them were available. Of that portion only around 50% were available to rent. Most of these are fairly popular movies from the last 2-3 years.

I did drop my Netflix plan to the single dvd unlimited one and removed all the movies that were rentable on the Vudu from my queue.

I just need to convince myself to move from the "Netflix Way" to the "Vudu Way".

The Netflix Way:
          Make lists of movies you'd like to watch someday, watch your queue grow faster than you can possibly watch them.

The Vudu Way:
          When you have time to watch a movie, fire up the Vudu, wander around till something looks good, watch the movie.

-John
          John - 0x36d3
          "If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman
          Pleas support me in Tour de Cure: [url]http://main.diabetes.org/goto/John.Reddersen[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterfood View Post
            The Vudu Way:
            When you have time to watch a movie, fire up the Vudu, wander around till something looks good, watch the movie.
            Whenever I'm wandering in Vudu (usually once a week or so) I just add the movies I'm interested in to my my wish list. I have abour 20 movies in my wish list and I would say that more than half of them are rentable. When I want to watch a movie, I go to the wish list and pick one of them that I am in the mood for. It is similar to what you describe is the Netflix way but it has a different (smaller) library. The thing I like about Vudu though is I can watch anything that is rentable from my wish list instead of just the disks that happen to be in my posession at the time.

Comment

OK, the person who voted One Star and wants their money back... What's your reason?

Comment

Originally posted by redwein View Post
                Whenever I'm wandering in Vudu (usually once a week or so) I just add the movies I'm interested in to my my wish list. I have abour 20 movies in my wish list and I would say that more than half of them are rentable. When I want to watch a movie, I go to the wish list and pick one of them that I am in the mood for. It is similar to what you describe is the Netflix way but it has a different (smaller) library. The thing I like about Vudu though is I can watch anything that is rentable from my wish list instead of just the disks that happen to be in my posession at the time.
                I read a post of yours a few months back about using the wishlist. I hadn't done that before your post, and now I do that almost exclusively.

I too have about 20 (probably more) movies in my wishlist.
                And actually the wishlist is what helped me grade the movie selection higher. When I saw how many movies I had that I wanted to see available to watch NOW, I realized the value of vudu.

Every release is not on vudu. I think vudu could have explained better the restrictions they were faced with from the studios and I think a lot of those restrictions became more public once Apple entered the mix, but I have so much available to watch that I want to watch. I know my wishlist will always be full, and based on that, vudu gets 4 stars.

Comment

I may have a few of you guys beat. My wishlist has about 120 movies and growing. I just wish I could rate the movies as I watch them. But that has been a request since the Alpha days....

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
                    Just took an inventory of the Movie Database and found the following:

5111 Movies Total Available
                    3676 Have Rental Options
                    4114 Have Purchase Options
                    Over 100 HD Titles in the Catalog
                    Just curious, did you exclude TV shows? I wonder how they count toward the total, i.e. 1 TV Show = 1 Title or 1 TV Episode = 1 Title.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                      OK, the person who voted One Star and wants their money back... What's your reason?
                      I voted the one star. I certainly don't want my money back, though...if I did, I would have returned it within the 30 day period.

"1 Star - Not yet what I expected" does describe my situation the best. I first heard of Vudu when I opened my box. I had no idea what it is, but once I figured it out, I was pretty stoked to never have to visit a video store again. But, that's just not yet the case. There are several movies that I'd like to see that I will have to rent to actually see them.

Anyway, the "yet" part of my vote is key. I really think Vudu will continually grow stronger. This is the main reason I decided to keep my box.

Comment

Originally posted by Glassjoe View Post
                        I voted the one star. I certainly don't want my money back, though...if I did, I would have returned it within the 30 day period.

"1 Star - Not yet what I expected" does describe my situation the best. I first heard of Vudu when I opened my box. I had no idea what it is, but once I figured it out, I was pretty stoked to never have to visit a video store again. But, that's just not yet the case. There are several movies that I'd like to see that I will have to rent to actually see them.

Anyway, the "yet" part of my vote is key. I really think Vudu will continually grow stronger. This is the main reason I decided to keep my box.
                        I'm willing to bet that NA9D made a boo-boo and was really asking about the no star.

Comment

Ah, a friendly wager...what are the stakes, gentlemen? Your soul?

Comment

Originally posted by Glassjoe View Post
                            Ah, a friendly wager...what are the stakes, gentlemen? Your soul?
                            I would definitely bet that, if I had one!!! I pimped that out a "long" time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertHodge View Post
                              I'm willing to bet that NA9D made a boo-boo and was really asking about the no star.
                              You win the bet - Yes, a NO STAR is what I meant!

By the way because of my special magical powers, I know who the person was who voted that way. I won't say who it was but they'd promised to sell their box a long time ago. I guess, they like it just a little too much to sell it!

Kinda reminds the story of the dog who was laying on a nail. He howled about it a lot but it didn't hurt enough to make him move.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                                You win the bet - Yes, a NO STAR is what I meant!

By the way because of my special magical powers, I know who the person was who voted that way. I won't say who it was but they'd promised to sell their box a long time ago. I guess, they like it just a little too much to sell it!

Kinda reminds the story of the dog who was laying on a nail. He howled about it a lot but it didn't hurt enough to make him move.
                                I've never heard the dog & the nail story. That's heavy!

I would also like to know is that if I win the bet, does that mean I can get my soul back, of just Glassjoe's? It doesn't really matter though, I'd probably just sell it again, but it would be nice to have one again for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X