Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

New Vudu Users Check in Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Vudu Users Check in Here!

Hey all,

Hopefully you're a new Vudu user and checking in here. Let us know if you got your box (should start arriving today), a little about yourself and your out of box experience! We want to see what you think. Cripe, this is almost as exciting as when my wife was having our children...I said ALMOST...

Re: New Vudu Users Check in Here!

I received my vudu today. Installation was very easy. My only complaint is that alot of the movies are purchase only. I was hoping that you had the choice of renting or buying the movies. Most of the movies that I would rent are purchase only. Spiderman 1 and Spiderman 2 are purchase only. If you search on movies by Kirsten Dunst you get 10 hits. Only 2 of these can be rented. This box will fail if they do not let you rent movies. I did not buy this to purchase movies, I bought it to rent movies. This is also my second post here. For some reason this post and another post I made today was deleted from the forum. I hope vudu is not censoring this forum and only allowing posts that are favorable.

Visit the 5 Star Cinema

Disappointed

Comment

Most movies have rental some have rental and buy and a few have buy only. This is the studio's doing. My understanding is that some of the buy only ones are due to the rotation of the movie on some cable movie channel that shall go nameless....when they come out of rotation the rental goes back I guess...

Comment

Ken, I'm not sure what happened to your post (and my response), but we are trying to determine the cause. In the mean time, rest assured that this Forum is not about censorship and falsely propping up the Vudu to be more than it is. While I think practically every Vudu owner will have an overall great experience with their box, it would be naive to think that there won't be the occasional problem, glitch, or complaint. What I have seen as an "outsider" for the last 9 months has been a team of Vudu representatives who listen to and acknowledge the customer. By keeping the occasional problem or concern out in the open the Vudu company is able to publicy demonstrate their commitment to doing right by the customer.

Comment

It was not censorship, but an accident on my part I am very sorry about losing your post.

My only excuse is that it's Friday and I was in a hurry. I fixed an issue and decided that while I was doing that, to do something else.... wrong choice, sigh.

I am very, very sorry. I'll go and flog myself....

Comment

Any other new users out there?
            I guess I am the only person who upgraded the delivery to next day shipping.

Visit the 5 Star Cinema

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by kmulder View Post
              I received my vudu today. Installation was very easy. My only complaint is that alot of the movies are purchase only. I was hoping that you had the choice of renting or buying the movies.
              Glad it went easy, Ken.

Trust me - we've had this discussion many, many times already. Sadly, the studios dictate what the purchase/rental terms are at this time. I would keep movies you want to rent in your "wish list" as it is likely rental will be available eventually or will come and go. I think that generally when a new movies is released it will be purchase only for a few weeks. Then rental will kick in. I also have heard that when HBO premiers the movie, it will be out of the Vudu database at that time (hey, Warner Brothers owns or has an interest in HBO...) and then come back in after the premier is done on HBO.

I agree that most people will use the boxes to rent content and its a shame that more rentals aren't allowed yet. I do expect that will change over time...

Comment

If Vudu wants this box to succeed then the studios better get on the ball. If you can't rent current movies or movies that are playing on cable whats the point of this box. I was going to use this instead of Netflix or the video store. If I can not get new releases until a few weeks after they are released then this is not the device I need. With netflix I can get the movies delivered to my house on the same day they are released. I was hoping to cancel netflix once I received Vudu but I guess that will not be possible. There also should be a screen on the vudu that tells me when new releases will be available on the vudu. Then I could determine whether I want to wait for the release on vudu or rent the movie another way. The way it is now, I do not know when or if vudu will ever get a current release. Sorry for all the negitive posts but I was hoping that the vudu was going to be a video store in a box like the web site says. The way it is now it is to restrictive on the rental policy. It is great if you want to buy all your movies but I mostly rent them.

Visit the 5 Star Cinema

Ken

Comment

Give it time. This is brand new and most of this content is also brand new to those of us who have been using the boxes for a while as well. It's good you are making your voice heard and I expect that as more people come on line in the next weeks and months, things may start to loosen up a bit.

Comment

Hey Ken,

I don't see your post as negative - actually this is just the type of feedback we need to keep right in front of us.

We're working deals (and i mean a lot of them) right now that is only going to increase the number of recent releases even more. Many of our studio agreement give us the rights to day-and-date content - meaning the day it becomes available to NetFlix or Blockbuster it's available for us to distribute and with VUDU there won't be any throttling ;o)

We're just getting started and the depth of our offering is only going to grow from here... we should start a pool on when we'll have 10,000 titles. Wanna know my guess?

Thanks again for your business and active participation at growing this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by g-unit View Post
                      We're just getting started and the depth of our offering is only going to grow from here... we should start a pool on when we'll have 10,000 titles. Wanna know my guess?
                      Gil,

My guess is for 10,000 movies by Christmas....

Comment

I would say July 30th 2008 for 10,000 movies...

Comment

I'm with KMulder.

I got my box Friday and was really excited. I expected it to replace the need for Blockbuster. The press about Vudu having inked deals with all the major studios and distributors had me convinced....

I like what vudu is trying to do. The hardware works great, setup was easy, playback was wonderful.

I know the studios control the content. But the 5k movie selection sucks bad ...

Of the 5k, about 1700 are purchase only and they cost 19.99. On my tivo/unbox they cost 14.99. Movies that are readily availavle in blockuster are not to be found, or at least rented on vudu. Most of the newer rentable movies are available on Comcast PPV for the same price, but not on vudu. Many movies that vudu rents for 2.99 or 3.99 are available for free on Comcast on demand. I'm happy paying 99 cents to rent an old W.C.Fields movie, but most of the content on vudu is crap and they want 2.99 to watch it ...

I'm really dissapointed, and I get more depressed as I work my way through the entire selection.

It appears that Blockbuster has a better deal with the studios and that won't likely change anytime soon. $400 is a lot of money and I don't think I'm going to wait around to see if the situation gets any better. 10,000 movies may sound like alot, but come on ... if the first 5k is any indication of the caliber of what vudu can get access to -then things look bleak.

Unless something radical is announced before my 30 day return window is up, I'm getting a refund ... and I really would prefer to keep the damn thing ...

Comment

mbustin,

Thanks for the comments. This is the sort of feedback that Vudu needs...

I can only say it will get better over time and that the movie selection is gradually getting better and better. Wether or not it's worth the $400 to you is another matter.

I don't know if 30 days will be enough time to change your mind, but by the end of the year for sure, I think things will be a lot different.

Comment

NA9D,

I hope you're right, but if Vudu can't get on par with Blockbuster then I think it's a lost cause. It wouldn't bother me if BB bought out Vudu and made their collection available online.

-Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X