Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Apple has previews, why doesn't VUDU??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple has previews, why doesn't VUDU??????

As one of the unfortunate early adopters of this box I over paid for the thing with "pie in the sky" promises from this company, of which very very few have ever been delivered upon. So yes, I carry a bit of a grudge against this thing and the company. I can say with absolute cetainity that if there was some sort of monthly fee for this p2p POS, I would have long since sold the thing on FleaBay.
    So here I sit, yet again, wanting to watch a movie and once again there are no previews to see if the thing is even worth it, but APPLE certainly has them. And before some idiot chimes in about going over to APPLE to watch the previews, the point is I sholuld not have to; and the box is on all the time so it's not that they haven't DL'd yet... another lame excuse.
    There have been more excuses from this company than results. It's not surprising they are on the verge of failure. First they screw all the "Dealers" that paid big bucks for a box and then turn around and sell boxes at BB for $700 less!!! yea, yea there were differences but none that really mattered. Hell even their own management couldn't come up with a viable argument for the difference except to say it had a bigger hard drive! Gimme a break!
    Yes this is a rant and it has been a long time coming. I sit and read some of these posts and can't believe what I am reading! It is VERY apparent that some have received a much stronger dose in ther Koolaid than I did; that or they have to think to breathe and are therefore preoccupied with just staying alive and overlook the vast shortcomings of this product.
    VUDU as a company should just curl up and blow away like so many other companies that never deliver on their promises. Oh and then their's the old stand by excuse that the studio won't let them. Wa! Another obvious lie. That or they need to Man Up and get what others are already getting! And if they can't because their rental numbers are too low, perhaps they ought to spend a little time asking the people who bought into this thing why their boxes are sitting around and collecting dust rather than being used!!! A solid company would do just that and take the hits and learn from them.
    But hey, there are plenty of saps out there who will read this and just dismiss it and keep the pollyanaish attitude and still nothing will get done because VUDU doesn't have the B**LS to make it better.
    Whatever. I'm done with my rant and this POS. Best of luck to all you Jim Jones fans out there and remember... in.... out... in... out... in...

Re: Apple has previews, why doesn't VUDU??????

This forum is for both the good and your frustrations with VUDU we want to hear it all. I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment with VUDU, but am glad that you shared it. Without feedback from our customers we wouldn't be able to make our products better. Let me try to address the two main issues you raised in your post:

1. VUDU doesn't have previews - You are right, you shouldn't have to go to another forum to view previews before buying a movie on VUDU. We agree, and so I encourage you to sign up for the Brazil Public Beta. Using the Brazil software, most movies will have a free 2-minute preview. This means that many movies will have both a trailer and the free 2-minute preview available. This way you can try a few minutes of the movie before you buy it. We also will work towards adding more trailers. Here's the link to sign up for the Brazil Public Beta: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?...xwwLDurg_3d_3d

2. Charging dealers more for boxes - VUDU Resellers sell the VBX1000, otherwise known as the VUDU XL. In addition to the larger hard drive for more storage, the XL also offers IP controls for seamless integration into a home theater system. VUDU XL has an MSRP of $499 while the VBX100 has an MSRP of $149. The VUDU service is also now being integrated into TVs and Blu-ray players. You can check availability on other devices by hovering your curser over the "Try VUDU HD for Free" at http://www.vudu.com/index.html.

As I said above, feedback from our customers is welcome - good or bad. We do our best to respond to your feedback and it certainly weighs into the product decisions we make. We hope this forum will be a place to have constructive conversation about what we're doing well, and where we can improve.

Thanks again for sharing your point of view.
    Last edited by AdamS; 01-11-2010, 02:42 PM. Reason: Took out the ?'s

Comment

Originally posted by No_VUDU View Post
      So here I sit, yet again, wanting to watch a movie and once again there are no previews to see if the thing is even worth it, but APPLE certainly has them.
      I have the stb, and I love it, but I share some of your frustrations. I don't think we should have to deal with beta services to get some of the basics. Since the hd streaming previews were introduced for the embedded devices I've noticed a drastic decline in the movies with previews on the stb. No rotten tomatoes or other features are available without going beta (if you do a search, there are issues the beta users are experiencing).

I'm glad for vudu's ability to expand their presence with these alliances. But how much risk is involved in buying a Mitsubishi product, LG product, or similar? Not much. Those of us who were early adopters and spent $300 on the stb when Vudu was unknown took a much larger leap of faith. I feel like we deserve more loyalty than we've been shown. That is my biggest beef over the year.

Comment

I sit and read some of these posts and can't believe what I am reading! It is VERY apparent that some have received a much stronger dose in ther Koolaid than I did; that or they have to think to breathe and are therefore preoccupied with just staying alive and overlook the vast shortcomings of this product.
        I resent this statement and I don't think it has any place on this board, ranting or not. I love my Vudu. Why?

1. It has fundamentally changed how I watch movies. I end up watching way more than I used t because of how easy it is to satisfy my mood when I feel like watching a movie.

2. It has saved me a ton of money. I own over 700 DVDs which I would say have mostly gone unwatched? Comparing that to paying per view and watching what I want when I want there is no comparison.

3. Various other reasons that neither involve drinking kool-aid cult style nor a lack of intelligence.

I find your tone in this part of the post (I have no problem with your rant otherwise) to say something about your own character.
        Last edited by redwein; 01-15-2010, 05:16 PM.

Comment

As one of the unfortunate early adopters of this box I over paid for the thing with "pie in the sky" promises from this company, of which very very few have ever been delivered upon. So yes, I carry a bit of a grudge against this thing and the company. I can say with absolute cetainity that if there was some sort of monthly fee for this p2p POS, I would have long since sold the thing on FleaBay.
          So here I sit, yet again, wanting to watch a movie and once again there are no previews to see if the thing is even worth it, but APPLE certainly has them. And before some idiot chimes in about going over to APPLE to watch the previews, the point is I sholuld not have to; and the box is on all the time so it's not that they haven't DL'd yet... another lame excuse.
          There have been more excuses from this company than results. It's not surprising they are on the verge of failure. First they screw all the "Dealers" that paid big bucks for a box and then turn around and sell boxes at BB for $700 less!!! yea, yea there were differences but none that really mattered. Hell even their own management couldn't come up with a viable argument for the difference except to say it had a bigger hard drive! Gimme a break!
          Yes this is a rant and it has been a long time coming. I sit and read some of these posts and can't believe what I am reading! It is VERY apparent that some have received a much stronger dose in ther Koolaid than I did; that or they have to think to breathe and are therefore preoccupied with just staying alive and overlook the vast shortcomings of this product.
          VUDU as a company should just curl up and blow away like so many other companies that never deliver on their promises. Oh and then their's the old stand by excuse that the studio won't let them. Wa! Another obvious lie. That or they need to Man Up and get what others are already getting! And if they can't because their rental numbers are too low, perhaps they ought to spend a little time asking the people who bought into this thing why their boxes are sitting around and collecting dust rather than being used!!! A solid company would do just that and take the hits and learn from them.
          But hey, there are plenty of saps out there who will read this and just dismiss it and keep the pollyanaish attitude and still nothing will get done because VUDU doesn't have the B**LS to make it better.
          Whatever. I'm done with my rant and this POS. Best of luck to all you Jim Jones fans out there and remember... in.... out... in... out... in...
          It really depends on hwo you use the product. I use both stream and dwonload. And it has worked perfectly for me. I liked it so much I bought three of the of Set Top Boxes two years ago and the LGBD390 last year.

Although now with the Brazil beta I mainly stream the content. But I really enjoy the option of switching back to Amadeus mode. then I can look at the titles I've purcahsed in the past on the box, and also download new movies in advance for me take with me to my girlfriends since she only has a 1mbs DSL connection.

I only use some ofthe features with the box, but the ones I use have been almost flawless.

Comment

Working...
          X