Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

No more adult movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No more adult movies

Originally posted by AdamS View Post
    lovevudu1 --

You should have already been refunded for all of your After Dark purchases. If you send me your Device ID (0x_____) I'll look up your account and add credits where necessary. You can locate the Device ID in you Info & Settings menu. For privacy, send me your Device ID in a private message.

After Dark rentals were only refunded if the viewing window had not yet been initiated. Expired rentals would not qualify for a refund because you have already viewed them and you do not own the license for a rented film.
    AdamS, I can send you my Device ID so you can look it up. How do I do this privately?

Comment

Originally posted by lovevudu1 View Post
      AdamS, I can send you my Device ID so you can look it up. How do I do this privately?
      I have sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Comment

Red,

Thank you so much for the great review, we hope you are still enjoying the service. For all of you with similar content tastes that may not necessarily want a dedicated set top box, we're excited to let you know that all of the same service and content will soon be available on multiple platforms (Boxee, Blu-Ray players, web enabled TVs, etc) similar to how you access the Vudu service. We'll also be releasing our HD BoXXX in the 1st quarter of 2011 with a brand new design and remote control.

Feel free to drop me a line with any questions.

Originally posted by redwein View Post
        I got my FyreTV today and I must say I'm very happy with it. It took a little getting used to (different UI and remote) but I think it is overall a better experience for watching adult entertainment than Vudu was. Here are some of my initial observations.

1. The system is geared toward being "scene" based rather than movie based (though you can purchase entire movies). This means that even the search capabilities give you scenes from movies that you can instantly goto and watch so you don't have to download an entire movie if you happen to like the last scene the most.

2. They have a bunch of different ways you can pay for watching content. You can purchase credits and use them for minutes of viewing (new titles take more credits/minute than catalog titles). You get a discount for purchasing credits in larger quantities. You can also purchase movies or you can purchase packages which give unlimited access to a particular studio's content for a monthly fee.

3. Overall the image quality seems as good as Vudus or better when comparing non-HD content. FyreTV doesn't have HD. They have what they call "DVD" quality and that seems comparable to Vudu's SD.

4. The content and searching seem better than Vudu's (for the adult stuff).

5. I paid $89 for the box with no subscription fee so I will have to pay for whatever content I watch. They have various subscription packages where you don't pay for the box but you pay each month for the subscription. They supply the box and you get a certain number of credits each month. If you exceed that, you pay for it. They say that if the box breaks they will replace it (with no mention of a time limit).

6. You get 3 free days of unlimited viewing when you activate your box so you can really dig into the product to figure out how it works, etc. This is actually a very smart move because you can freely explore when you are starting out and figuring out how it works. So you end up being able to find stuff that you wouldn't if you had to pay for everything you wanted to check out. It probably makes them money in the end because of that.

7. The box is small and discrete but pretty cool looking. Nobody would really think anything of it if they saw it in your rack. It's probably a little smaller than half the size of Vudu.

8. The box comes with HDMI, Component, Composite and S-Video hookups (HDMI/Composite/Network cables supplied). It also has wireless capability built in.

Like I said, I'm very happy with it so far. Actually I'm kind of glad Vudu/Walmart nixed it or I wouldn't have considered it.
        Happy holidays from the FyreTV team!

Comment

Originally posted by FyreTV View Post
          Red,

Thank you so much for the great review, we hope you are still enjoying the service. For all of you with similar content tastes that may not necessarily want a dedicated set top box, we're excited to let you know that all of the same service and content will soon be available on multiple platforms (Boxee, Blu-Ray players, web enabled TVs, etc) similar to how you access the Vudu service. We'll also be releasing our HD BoXXX in the 1st quarter of 2011 with a brand new design and remote control.

Feel free to drop me a line with any questions.

Happy holidays from the FyreTV team!
          Yes I am enjoying the service a lot. I actually like it much, much better than what was available on Vudu in the adult content area. I look forward to your upcoming new product announcements.

Comment

Working...
          X