Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

"Wal-Mart Is Said to Be Buying Vudu Movie Service"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Wal-Mart Is Said to Be Buying Vudu Movie Service"

Originally posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Yes it is, the set up you've described is simply the wrong way to watch anything that was originally filmed in widescreen. You may 'prefer' watching an incorrect setup or a pan and scanned reproduction, it doesn't make it the correct aspect ratio.

You wouldn't go to an art museum and look at the works on display though a piece of black cardboard with a 4" by 3" hole cut out, would you?
    That's absurd. You could argue that it's only correct to watch it in a movie theater, or perhaps there is only 1 "correct" seat in the theater as the people in the back get a different experience than the people in the middle. It would also be incorrect to listen to it on anything other than a certified THX sound system perhaps. Even in your house, you could have the background noise or lighting detracting from your utopian view of perfection/correctness.

The reality is this is entertainment and it's sole purpose is to entertain viewers in whatever way the prefer. It isn't about correctness.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
      Well, it was stated by someone involved in the deal that After Dark would be removed "immediately".
      After Dark has already been taken down. The message when you try to use After Dark says that your Vudu account will be reimbursed for any rental vidoes not yet viewed. It didn't say anything about bought videos that are stored on Vudu. I've never bought a Vudu video so I don't know how a purchase works, that is, if you can download to your LG player in my case. I know you can download to the Vudu box.

Comment

Originally posted by redwein View Post
        That's absurd. You could argue that it's only correct to watch it in a movie theater, or perhaps there is only 1 "correct" seat in the theater as the people in the back get a different experience than the people in the middle. It would also be incorrect to listen to it on anything other than a certified THX sound system perhaps. Even in your house, you could have the background noise or lighting detracting from your utopian view of perfection/correctness.

The reality is this is entertainment and it's sole purpose is to entertain viewers in whatever way the prefer. It isn't about correctness.
        I agree completely.

Comment

Re: Wal-Mart to buy Vudu

Originally posted by Schwack View Post
          Amen.
          +1

I've been meaning to reply to that post for a while now but I don't have to any longer.

Comment

ALL -

WARNING: Please keep all comments and posts relevant to the topic. We will not tolerate any personal attacks on this forum.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrys View Post
              After Dark has already been taken down. The message when you try to use After Dark says that your Vudu account will be reimbursed for any rental vidoes not yet viewed. It didn't say anything about bought videos that are stored on Vudu. I've never bought a Vudu video so I don't know how a purchase works, that is, if you can download to your LG player in my case. I know you can download to the Vudu box.
              At least for now my purchased content is still there, though all other content is completely gone. Maybe they haven't decided yet or they'll just let it go for the STBs and just not sell those boxes any more.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamS View Post
                ALL -

WARNING: Please keep all comments and posts relevant to the topic. We will not tolerate any personal attacks on this forum.

Thank you.
                I'm having a hard time finding a post that would be considered a "personal attack". So far everything seems related to Walmart in general and guessing what the acquisition might mean based on that. Can you be a little more specific?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrys View Post
                  You will be reimbursed for all of your purchased adult titles, as you will no longer be able to access them.

http://supports.vudu.com/questions/2...+After+Dark%3F

Comment

You will be reimbursed for all of your purchased adult titles, as you will no longer be able to access them.

http://supports.vudu.com/questions/2...+After+Dark%3F
                    Bummer. Any idea when that will occur? I must say I'm peeved though not as peeved as I would be without a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by redwein View Post
                      Bummer. Any idea when that will occur? I must say I'm peeved though not as peeved as I would be without a refund.
                      Some people have already received their refund. If you give me the client ID of your VUDU player I can locate your account and see if you've already received a refund, or you can login to your VUDU account online and check as well.

Comment

Some people have already received their refund. If you give me the client ID of your VUDU player I can locate your account and see if you've already received a refund, or you can login to your VUDU account online and check as well.
                        I was more wondering how long we had to watch it. I'm not in any real hurry for the refund though I expect the refund to be there prior to removing the content from my box.

I just saw that I got my refund. I never realized I had spent that much, lol.

Comment

Yep, After Dark is now gone, and so am I. I don't watch adult movies exclusively, but I don't want Wal-Mart telling me that I can't watch them if I want to so I won't be giving them any money for mainstream movies either. Who knows when they'll start removing some of those too- I see "Natural Born Killers" is available, which Wal-Mart has been famous for not carrying, will they take THAT away too?

They had the right to start their own video service and carry just whatever they approved of on it, but for them to buy an existing one and remove content they don't like is something I just won't tolerate. It reminds me of when Blockbuster (a company I hate even MORE than Wal-Mart and am happy to see in a state of decline right now) bought a local video store a long time ago and the first thing to happen was tapes mysteriously disappeared from the shelves and never came back.

My TV can also access Amazon On Demand, so even though their quality is not as good as Vudu I will use them from now on, and will ask my TV manufacturer to add any other similar services that are available. I still prefer to collect discs and tapes anyways- when I have those, nobody can stop me from playing them.

I'll try not to post my annoying rants here anymore, but I'll at least check in periodically to see how the Wal-Mart people try to spin this- I wouldn't be surprised if they just yanked the forums, or at least had them moderated so comments won't be posted automatically and any negative comments won't be seen.

Comment

Re: Wal-Mart to buy Vudu

Originally posted by aaronwt View Post
                            If I boycotted all the companies that have issues, I wouldn't be able to purchase anything. Every company I've worked for, and every company that anyone I've ever known has worked for(including the US government) falls into at least one of those categories mentioned.

Time to leave your fanatsy world.
                            Aaron, Wal-Mart continuously ranks LAST in just about every category, from labor, to human rights, to its impact on the environment, etc. To suggest that every company has at least 1 issue and therefore consumers should ignore Wal-Mart's abuses is about the most absurd thing I've ever heard, and anyone who says that is living in a fantasy world. That is like saying that because most people are doing one thing or another to damage the environment, that you can do the same, and not be socially responsible. That kind of logic just makes absolutely no sense. People need to learn to be a little more responsible for their actions and stop sticking their heads in the sand. For if you choose not to, then you are not part of the solution, but part of the problem.

It is not that Wal-Mart falls into at least "one" of those categories that is the real issue. It is that they fall into every single one of them! The point is that there are levels of social responsibility. Sure, you may never find a business that runs its business like a saint, but to suggest you don't need to be socially responsible because every business has at least one issue is really missing the point.

There are options to shop either locally, supporting small businesses, or at stores which have shown to be at least a little more socially responsible to the communities they are a part of. Yes, this does require you to do homework, and be an informed citizen. For example, although many big box retail stores score poorly in most major categories, Costco and Kohls ranked significantly higher in all categories than did Wal-Mart. In other words, you HAVE options to be a better consumer and shop at stores that rank better. That doesn't mean you NEED to boycott every store that isn't a saint, it just means you should try to be a responsible consumer and put your money into more responsible companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigguy View Post
                              They lost a customer here. I haven't shopped or stepped foot in A Wal-Mart or Sam's Club in 5 yrs. I won't give them a dime of my money.
                              Same here. Nothing worse than a sell-out. Add VuDu to the list of companies that are just greedy and have little loyalty.
                              I always stuck with VuDu, because it was a great product and thought they had their act together, apparently not.

Comment

I'll stick with Walmart and Wegmans as my main local stores and continue purchasing 80% of my products online. Which can still include Walmart.

I did my environment stint in the 70's before most people even thought about recycling.

I will continue to use Walmart since they give me a better value for my money and a better warranty than any local store and most National stores. The last place I will shop, for the things I buy from Walmart is a local merchant. It makes no sense to pay 50% to sometimes 100% more for the exact same product at a local merchant.

I just hope that since VUDU is now a subsidary of Walmart that things keep improving for VUDU. I will certainly continue to use my VUDU boxes and will continue to shop at Walmart.(Costco requires an annual fee, which I am not about to pay. I don't need mega size items either which is why I like Walmart. I still get great prices but I don't need to buy mega size items)

Although if I had my way all my shopping would be done online. I did a lot of mail order shopping in the 80's and early 90's and then used the internet for shopping since the mid 90's.

Comment

Working...
                                X