Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Ugh- VUDU owned by WalMart now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ugh- VUDU owned by WalMart now?

All very ridiculous. As someone who is finally ready to move from Optical to Streaming, Vudu's SW expansion to BR players is great. I hope they do well and continue to pump out HDX titles.

Comment

Yes, they will pump out all the HDX titles that they deem suitable for you.

Comment

I just found out that Walmart bought VUDU and took away our Adult videos. I am seriously considering tossing my VUDU in the garbage now. Why does Walmart think they need to regulate what we watch on our TV's at home. One of the reasons i bought the VUDU was to watch adult content on occasion. Whats next? Will they stop showing NR and NC-17 movies? Perhaps just show Disney movies? Very dissapointing to say the least. Way to alienate your new customers very quickly Walmart.

Comment

Yes, isn't it nice to know big brother Wal-Mart is taking care of us?
          Really, it's one thing if it was never there in the first place, but to have them take it away? Embarrassing.

Comment

As the owners they have the right to do what they want. They could have just bought VUDU for the patents and closed it down if they wanted to.

For me I have seen no difference before the purchase or after. But I didn't frequent the Adult titles either.

Comment

Originally posted by canadien37 View Post
              When has this country gotten to the point that employers are OBLIGATED to provide good wages and benefits to employees, otherwise they are bastards?
              Assuming by "this country" you mean the USA, I believe federal minimum wage laws were introduced in 1938 (in Canada, responsibility for the enforcement of labour laws is delegated to the provinces by that country's constitution).

You can google The Fair Labor Standards Act for more information. Welcome to the twentieth century.

Comment

Interesting comment, "welcome to the 20th century".....If an employer pays an unreasonable wage, the employee has a choice to stay or to leave..I am totally against government dictates as to how businesses operate....You get them involved just a little bit, then slowly one's freedoms are eroded....The minimum wage hurts small businesses in particular....To me it's all about the free market....that is what made the US great...

Comment

Originally posted by canadien37 View Post
                  To me it's all about the free market....that is what made the US great...
                  In a truly free market with no government "control" we would have no building codes, no safety standards, etc. You could make the same argument that customers would be "free to choose" houses that won't fall down as soon as the builder leaves. I always find it funny when people think 100% pure free market is what we have or what we should strive to have. The reality is it is and should be basically a free market with some amount of government oversight/regulation so that each individual doesn't have to fend for themselves with every aspect of every thing that they buy or every job that they do. We as a society can agree that some things for the common good are worth regulating. It is reasonable to debate exactly how much regulation/control there should be but claiming that a truly free market is desirable seems laughable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by redwein View Post
                    In a truly free market with no government "control" we would have no building codes, no safety standards, etc. You could make the same argument that customers would be "free to choose" houses that won't fall down as soon as the builder leaves. I always find it funny when people think 100% pure free market is what we have or what we should strive to have. The reality is it is and should be basically a free market with some amount of government oversight/regulation so that each individual doesn't have to fend for themselves with every aspect of every thing that they buy or every job that they do. We as a society can agree that some things for the common good are worth regulating. It is reasonable to debate exactly how much regulation/control there should be but claiming that a truly free market is desirable seems laughable to me.
                    I must say this to clarify.....I believe in the free market capitalist system.....I agree with your point about MINIMAL gov't regulation, I emphasize MINIMAL....Gov't does not need to regulate businesses OUT OF business...In my view a PRIMARY responsibility of gov't is to defend the country, there cannot be a 100% pure free market, just as pure freedom creates anarchy.....but when gov't realizes their regulations don't work, they come up with MORE regulations, this is a slippery slope to me....As far as the debate about how much regulation should be applied, the public has demanded the gov't "protect them", and believe me, when they get the foot in the door, they will not only protect, but control.....

Enough politics, Wal-Mart has the right to do with VUDU as it pleases.....If people are angry at them for pulling the adult material, they can go elsewhere...that is the free market at work....And if the defections cause hurt in Wally's bottom line, they may change, another example of the free market at work....

Comment

PBS, yes an unbiased source. People aim for big players, that's all.

Damn walmart with their low prices and cost savings for people without much income!

Comment

Originally posted by rickla View Post
                        PBS, yes an unbiased source. People aim for big players, that's all.

Damn walmart with their low prices and cost savings for people without much income!
                        Income has nothing to do with it. A good value does. In my area the Walmart parking lots are littered with cars that cost $40K and higher. And the people go home to their $350K and higher homes.

Shoot the closest Walmart to me has hundreds of Townhomes around it worth $350K and up. The houses are worth much more. And every week those people fill up the Walmart buying the great deals they have in the store. Why would someone want to pay more for the same item at another store. That would make no sense. And Walmarts 90 day return policy is also very generous. Two to three times longer than BestBuy gives you.

Comment

Have you ever experience the customer service on the floor in the store? Case closed!

Comment

Originally posted by Gas4Harley View Post
                            Have you ever experience the customer service on the floor in the store? Case closed!
                            Customer service is great at the Walmarts near me. Employees are always friendly. Saying hello, asking you if you need help etc.
                            Unlike the Target down the road. I always have to look for someone there if I need help and then ususally have to wait. AT Walmart I can always find someone quickly if I need help.

Comment

i couldnt care less.now that its owned by walmart hopefully they make some membership option.havnt watched a single movie after the free promo code.

Comment

Originally posted by azzuri09 View Post
                                i couldnt care less.now that its owned by walmart hopefully they make some membership option.havnt watched a single movie after the free promo code.
                                Me either. I am hoping, and waiting, for Gift Cards to be sold at WalMart under the VUDU name that can be added to the account.

Or since they are owned by WalMart, you can purchase a WalMart Gift card and add that to your account.

Just waiting for that, and I will be back, and ready to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X