Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Curl Timeout on New 2010 Samsung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curl Timeout on New 2010 Samsung

I have a new 2010 Samsung UN55C8000XF (3d, internet, LED machine, really sweet). One thing I really wanted on it was vudu, but when I choose the app, I get:
    "Failed to connect to the network
    Details: Curl Timeout
    More info: Hardware ID: SAMTVAO10012FBF6B5CB
    Device ID: 9xcd80f2"
    (Hopefully I didn't give any useful information out there!)

I have no trouble with the other internet apps, and I regularly use them. It seems that vudu is using cURL to transfer whatever data it uses to start up, but is having trouble getting all of the data within the timeout window. Do other Samsung users have this trouble?

I saw in teh forums that one Samsung user did have the trouble, but resolved it, however, there is no inedication of how it was resolved in the posting. Any ideas? Remember, the connection doesn't seem to be an issue for other apps, including those that use streaming like youtube...

Re: Curl Timeout on New 2010 Samsung

annsera,

I'm going to need to gather your network information.

-router make and model?
    -modem make and model?
    -Wireless or wired?
    -is your device connected to a switch?

Also, what is the exact curl error you are getting. It should give a number as well.
    Last edited by DanielH; 05-02-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I had this same issue on a Samsung Bluray player. Check your network settings on the TV (specifically what DNS servers does it show?). If it shows your router as the DNS server that may be the issue. That was happening on mine. I changed my router to pass through my ISP assigned DNS servers instead of it acting as the DNS server itself. Then, the DNS servers on my Samsung showed the ones from the ISP and Vudu worked fine after that.

Depending on your router, this should be an easy thing to try anyway. I hope it helps.

Comment

On my TV, I don't have to set the network properties manually. It can be done automatically (and it works). In my setup, therefore, internet protocol address and DNS is all set to auto, and again, all the other widgets work. I think your answer would be dead on if none of hte other widgets worked -- it would indicate that I really wasn't getting an Internet connection. But, I definitely have a good connection, judging by the other widgets (streaming, etc. work fine). For example, dns seems to work, since the TV can find the servers of yahoo, netflix, dailymotion, etc. I can also tell from the modem's side that the TV has a proper address. Therefore, I'm not about to switch away from the "auto" setting to set manual addresses.

When I run the "network test" option, it reports my mac address, gives a test of the ip address, submet, gateway, dns server, does a gateway ping, and does an "internet service test" and states that all is working properly.

Comment

-router make and model?
          Linksys RT31P2
          -modem make and model?
          Motorola SPG900
          -Wireless or wired?
          Wired
          -is your device connected to a switch?
          No

.....just got done watching streamed movies, and lots of youtube content....

Comment

Ann,

It looks like the problem is a double NAT issue. The modem you have is also a router combo, then you have the linksys doing the same thing. Unless your linksys isn't providing DHCP for your network. Then it might just be a matter of placing the TV in DMZ. Send me a private message with phone number i can reach you at and i'll help you troubleshoot.

Comment

Originally posted by annsera View Post
              On my TV, I don't have to set the network properties manually. It can be done automatically (and it works). In my setup, therefore, internet protocol address and DNS is all set to auto, and again, all the other widgets work. I think your answer would be dead on if none of hte other widgets worked -- it would indicate that I really wasn't getting an Internet connection. But, I definitely have a good connection, judging by the other widgets (streaming, etc. work fine). For example, dns seems to work, since the TV can find the servers of yahoo, netflix, dailymotion, etc. I can also tell from the modem's side that the TV has a proper address. Therefore, I'm not about to switch away from the "auto" setting to set manual addresses.

When I run the "network test" option, it reports my mac address, gives a test of the ip address, submet, gateway, dns server, does a gateway ping, and does an "internet service test" and states that all is working properly.
              Mine set up automatically too and passed the tests and the other widgets worked as well. I just found that the Vudu was particularly sensitive in the DNS area which is why I suggested it. Also, I changed a single setting on my router and then the Samsung automatically setup and used my assigned DNS servers rather than using the router itself as the DNS server.

Comment

I would be seroiusly opposed to putting the tv in the DMZ because the TV attaches to my computer and NAS; basically, I think it would be a back door for someone to really wreak havoc on my personal information.
                However, what ports need to be opened/forwarded? That should accomplish the same thing, but be much, much safer since it would be specific.

Comment

Originally posted by annsera View Post
                  I would be seroiusly opposed to putting the tv in the DMZ because the TV attaches to my computer and NAS; basically, I think it would be a back door for someone to really wreak havoc on my personal information.
                  However, what ports need to be opened/forwarded? That should accomplish the same thing, but be much, much safer since it would be specific.
                  I'm not sure if you are referring to me but I didn't suggest the DMZ at all. The setting I was talking about was the one that lets the router act like the DNS server (e.g. does it's own DNS caching). On my D-Link DGL-4100 that meant unchecking the box marked "Enable DNS Relay". Now all of my DHCP clients just see DNS server addresses of the assigned DNS servers. They don't see my router (e.g. 192.168.0.1) as the DNS server. On your router it might be labeled something different.

It appears that Vudu is very sensitive to DNS issues/configurations. Again, this has nothing to do with the DMZ.

Comment

Redwein, the DMZ suggestion wasn't yours. I'm going to try everything tonight after the family goes to bed. There have now been two suggestions: one to put the tv in the DMZ and yours about the router setting (I'll have to look for this router setting, though, this is a new one on me).

I'll let you guys know if anything works.

Comment

DMZ doesn't solve curl timeout

Ok, I put the TV into the DMZ and what happened was that *none* of the widgets worked due to "network interference", as reported by the TV.

So, that you know that I did the DMZ process correctly (I've done it for a dedicated gaming machine before):
                      On the Motorola SBG900, find the MAC address (I did this on the Samsung by running a network test), choose "Gateway-LAN" and then enter the mac address into NAT Passthrough with "true DMZ" checked, then reboot.

When I deleted the entry, the prior functionality of my TV returned (IE, all the widgets worked, except for vudu).

So, now I will go about trying to figure out what Redwein is talking about. I'll report again if I get anywhere there.

Comment

Router doesn't have that setting

OK, with respect to the other suggestion, to somehow turn off a setting in the router in which the router caches DNS requests and clients see the router as the DNS server, I see no such setting in my router, and I really looked! Moreover, when I do an ipconfig /all, I see that DNS Servers are *not* my router, but the actual DNS routers offered by my Internet Provider, so I don't think that my computer is using the router as some kind of cached DNS server, and I therefore don't think that the TV is doing this either.

My router is kind of old at this point, I think it just doesn't have that functionality.

So, the final verdict on this whole thing is that I'm back to thinking that there may be some port that needs to be opened and/or forwarded.

Comment

8100-8199
                          13200-13299

Those are the ports that need to be opened. Have you tried bypassing your router and plugging directly into you modem? This is an easy step and can maybe point you in the right direction.

Comment

Modem/Router are combined!

Folks, I was reading dhatman's response when I realized that my answer above for the modem and router is incorrect. The Motorola SBG900 serves as both the router and the modem. Although i do have a linksys sitting on the network, it only works to serve our phone system! It only has an ethernet line in, none out (and it doesn't provide wireless). We really only use that linksys because it has a phone line out and gives us VOIP. Somehow, I had forgotten this pretty fundamental fact earlier. In a different setup, we could potentially use a cablemodem and use the linksys as our router, but we don't. The modem IS the router (in fact, the model of the Motorola SBG900 has "cable modem gateway" in its name, and all the computers are connected to it, either wired, or wireless. The TV is connected to it directly already.

Thus, the problem is not likely due to some kind of interference between router and modem.

I will try opening the ports. Anybody know if they also need to be forwarded?

Comment

Using *NO* firewall works

Man, I'm sorry for confusing everyone with the information about the router, because really, I knew from the beginning that it was something to do with opening ports. I just confirmed this by dropping the firewall altogether (which is what I should have done in the first place). Vudu works fine with the firewall dropped. Now, it's just a matter of making sure the provided ports will work.

Anyway, I've so far confirmed that this is a really run of the mill problem -- merely that I have a proper firewall in place with the TV properly (IMO) *behind* the firewall.

Is the procedure for how to configure the firewall properly for vudu spelled out somewhere? It seems like a lot of people would be running into this one....

Comment

Working...
                              X