Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Download Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download Not Working

I am an original STB owner. I was able to watch HDX because it would DOWNLOAD to the box. My DSL connection is for 3mbps. But I would rent the movie on line and be able to watch it after fully downloaded in 4 hours.

My box is now on the new software which has lots of Apps. But it appears the download is no longer available and neither HDX or HD are capable of running on my box without paying more for higher data speed DSL.

So, is the download capability wiped-out as a result of the new software on my STB?

Michael

Re: Download Not Working

You have the ability to download rentals with the new software. Once you rent the movie, it will ask "watch now" "watch later" or "download and watch later". This was not an option when Brazil was in beta. However, you can do this now.
    ________
    Last edited by DanielH; 05-02-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Im looking at them on the box, and when you go into Manage Download, it has Start HDX Now and Delete HDX From Disk.

Does that mean Start HDX Download Now?

Comment

Another weird thing, is there no download progress meter?

When I go into Robin Hood, it says 1) Start HDX Now

Ghost Writer says 2) Start HDX Now

And another says 3)

Why the different numbering?

Comment

Nevermind, I figured out how to get it going. And found the download manager.

Comment

Don't feel isolated. I'm having the same problems/concerns around this downloading. And this is no way intuitive. I consider myself pretty savvy around technology.

Comment

Yeah, it took a few minutes to figure out the new process, once done, it works pretty easy, but it would not be easy for someone he was not savvy at all. I imagine most BX100 owners are though.

I just hope my other box clears out some HDD space on it's own, or else it's a paperweight now.

Comment

I find it interesting that VUDU chose to retain the boxes ability to download in Brazil.....It is still my hope that they can get the permission from the studios to allow for local storage on an external hard drive, and to get more blockbuster movies TO OWN in Hi-Def.....There is no way I will buy Iron Man 2, Robin Hood, Lord of the Rings Trilogy and others in SD, even though some of the prices are really competitive.....

I like the streaming aspect of Brazil now that it has gone final and I tweaked my connection to eliminate buffering in any format, but I still think portability of content will be paramount, being able to access it on all sorts of devices, not just TV's, blu-ray players, and VUDU boxes....Perhaps VUDU is not pursuing this avenue, but the ability to download in Brazil is intriguing to me nevertheless...I don't know if the download function is part of the embedded VUDU software as well.....If it is, that is even more interesting....I hope this means a path to download to external HDD storage in the future....

Comment

Right now the feature to download rentals is only available on the STB's. Blu-Ray players and TV's only have

Comment

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
                    Right now the feature to download rentals is only available on the STB's. Blu-Ray players and TV's only have the ability to download purchases at this time.

Dan, this is interesting because, if I'm correct, only one BD player has a hard disk built in....What do the other BD players and especially TV's download TO?

donthetech

Comment

I was close to buying a BR player with HDX (I have a fairly new BD85 that I love) streaming, but now that the new SW has come down, and enables me to delete downloads after watching, I'm sticking with my boxes. I have two now (one as a backup), and Im considering getting a 3rd off ebay .

I'm sold on Vudu HDX for movie rentals, until something makes me change. I'm done buying BR's without seeing the movie first (lot of crap movies), and with my HT, I do not go to the movies anymore. A $6 investment, to rent a top notch encoded movie, is a simple choice for me.

I've bounced around between Vudu and other sources for 2 years now, and I keep coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by canadien37 View Post
                        Dan, this is interesting because, if I'm correct, only one BD player has a hard disk built in....What do the other BD players and especially TV's download TO?

donthetech
                        My new Blu-ray player requires a flash drive for "BD Live" content, so I'd assume that if it doesn't come with flash memory, it may require the addition of such. However, depending on the flash drive, that might not be enough for even one movie in HDX, so I'm really not sure how that would work either.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Max...I was just curious....I feel strongly that some type of external storage is needed to really allow people to archive their purchased films, and rentals can be temporarily stored there too....It would provide a lot of flexibility, 2TB drives are not that expensive now....

Comment

Canadien, at this point the movie studio agreements don't allow us to offer the option to save the movie to an external hard-drive. I would agree that it would be a nice feature to add, but I can't see them ever offering it as an option.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Dan.....that's a shame......they never seem to learn, do they? They penalize legitimate consumers of their content with arcane rules and restrictions, and DRM....Well, the pirates already have them beat, and with the HDCP Master Key being leaked, that will cause more trouble(for legit consumers).....One day people are gonna say "stick it"....

Comment

Working...
                              X