Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Download Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Download Not Working

Yepp, people like WB, CBS and NBC have us by the short and curlys.

Comment

Elway, I have to disagree with you on your comment......I definitely don't feel that way.....I do have choices as to what to do with my discretionary income....If a business does not value my doing business with them, my dollars will go elsewhere, and as the economy tanks further, the content providers better get a clue because people can kick them to the curb just like anything else, or foster even more piracy....I think VUDU is an awesome product, but the studios are handcuffing them....It truly frustrates me as a consumer when the arrogant content titans think they have us by the ba**s, but they don't, the pirates prove that every day....I just want to do it the right way, but they are punishing people who really want to buy their product and have fair use of it....

To be honest, I don't watch TV at all, I primarily watch movies...news, etc. I get online at my convenience......Ultimately they will have to change their business strategy to be more consumer-friendly....Give us fair use of the content we buy and the providers can make some serious money!!! Part of fair use for me is being able to archive my films by storing them locally.....It would royally tick me off if I am limited to streaming only and something happens to VUDU, i.e. goes out of business, there is some sort of outage, etc...... and I don't have access to my purchased films......

Comment

Sounds like you are mad at the same things as me, why do you disagree?

Comment

Because you mentioned that they have us by the short and curlies.......I definitely don't feel that way.....They absolutely DO NOT!!!! When any business gets arrogant enough to tell me "you can't do without us", I tell them to take a hike....content, be it movies, TV, etc. is only entertainment, it is not necessary to live.....

Comment

is there a way to trigger a STB to download from the website? I have my stb connected to a projector, so it would be a pain to go to the theater, turn it on, trigger the download via the stb, rather than just have it default that way through the web as it has in the past. sort of frustrating. it use to be so slick.

bald

Comment

Originally posted by bald_ View Post
              is there a way to trigger a STB to download from the website? I have my stb connected to a projector, so it would be a pain to go to the theater, turn it on, trigger the download via the stb, rather than just have it default that way through the web as it has in the past. sort of frustrating. it use to be so slick.

bald
              We lost a great feature there, would be nice to still have it.

Comment

Originally posted by elwaylite View Post
                We lost a great feature there, would be nice to still have it.
                I had not even thought to try but is it safe to assume I can't download via the iphone app either?

Comment

Originally posted by raaurora View Post
                  I had not even thought to try but is it safe to assume I can't download via the iphone app either?
                  Dunno about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
                    Right now the feature to download rentals is only available on the STB's. Blu-Ray players and TV's only have the ability to download purchases at this time.
                    Is that right? Why not allow rental downloads to other devices? One of the major problems with all of the current streaming solutions is the growing difficulty in maintaining consistent bandwidth. The proliferation of streaming-capable devices as well as content delivery platforms is putting a lot of pressure on network infrastructure. Service providers are clamping down (in some cases literally, by choking off bandwidth to data-intensive applications). This is going to mean more problems with buffering and other related issues. These will ultimately hurt all streaming services and slow adoption. The alternative will be to reduce the quality of the programming so it can fit into ever narrowing bandwidth limits.

Downloads provide much needed relief from this. Further, integrating a VUDU iPhone app for use with other devices would really improve the overall experience. I would love to be able kick off a rental download before I leave the office and have it waiting for me after dinner (and know that I wouldn't have to worry about peak internet usage, buffering, stutters, etc.).

Are there plans to allow this in the future? Should I just go find an old VUDU box on amazon and ebay to avoid the hassle of buffering?

Comment

Originally posted by coachkecz View Post
                      Is that right? Why not allow rental downloads to other devices? One of the major problems with all of the current streaming solutions is the growing difficulty in maintaining consistent bandwidth. The proliferation of streaming-capable devices as well as content delivery platforms is putting a lot of pressure on network infrastructure. Service providers are clamping down (in some cases literally, by choking off bandwidth to data-intensive applications). This is going to mean more problems with buffering and other related issues. These will ultimately hurt all streaming services and slow adoption. The alternative will be to reduce the quality of the programming so it can fit into ever narrowing bandwidth limits.

Downloads provide much needed relief from this. Further, integrating a VUDU iPhone app for use with other devices would really improve the overall experience. I would love to be able kick off a rental download before I leave the office and have it waiting for me after dinner (and know that I wouldn't have to worry about peak internet usage, buffering, stutters, etc.).

Are there plans to allow this in the future? Should I just go find an old VUDU box on amazon and ebay to avoid the hassle of buffering?
                      I agree wholeheartedly with this....one major reason I have advocated local storage of films( I did at one time say on an external HDD, but now just a set-top box with integrated HDD will do.).....If you can get the XL VUDU box, it has a 1TB HDD inside.....Those are hard to come by, however....The standard box has a 250GB HDD, HDX movies will fill that up in no time.....In the meantime, an ideal situation for me would be the ability to shift films from the HDD to the cloud to free up space, then I could decide which films I want to store locally.....

Comment

Will VUDU on the PS3 be streaming only or allow storage on it's internal hard drive?

Comment

New to VUDU this summer and first time poster. Things worked fine until a couple of weeks ago, now I can't watch HDX or HD without constant buffering.
                          Currently my vudu test speed is only half the speed I see on my computer(s).

Can someone just tell me how to download (vs stream) a rental HD or HDX movie - I don't see the option.

Is it normal for VUDU to make changes like this without giving any kind of heads-up? They send me emails telling me to rent/buy stuff... why can't they tell me what to do when they screw things up?

Comment

Originally posted by dterry View Post
                            Can someone just tell me how to download (vs stream) a rental HD or HDX movie - I don't see the option.
                            when you go through the rental process and you confirm your rental, you should get a screen with 3 options. One is 'Watch now' (streaming) and the last is 'Download and watch later' (amazingly I can't recall what the 2nd is but it does not relate to what you are asking). The 'download and watch later' does the download to the hard drive.

Comment

it depends on what type of device you have. You can only pre-download rentals on the VUDU box. As far as your buffering problems, please call our support team so that we can help. 888-554-8838
                              Last edited by DanielH; 05-02-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bald_ View Post

bald
                                I have the exact same setup, and the inability to initiate downloads from the website has me looking for other sources for viewing first, and only using vudu as a last resort. Used to be the other way around...

Comment

Working...
                                X