Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Cars is the first Disney Title available for purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars is the first Disney Title available for purchase

Looks like Disney/Pixar is finally taking a chance on Vudu purchases. I don't remember the date, but I noticed last night that Cars is coming soon to the Vudu as a purchase only. Now if they'd just really get with the program and make them all Rental/Purchase...

If there's any movies I'd consider purchasing on the Vudu, it's the ones my kids watch over and over. No DVD cases laying everywhere and grubby fingerprints to clean off the DVDs before they'll play

-John
    John - 0x36d3
    "If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman
    Pleas support me in Tour de Cure: [url]http://main.diabetes.org/goto/John.Reddersen[/url]

Re: Cars is the first Disney Title available for purchase

Great movie. That's one I'll watch with her every time my daughter asks for it.

Comment

Outstanding! It will probably be purchase/rental eventually - I would think so. And if it's in DD5.1 - all the better...

Comment

All of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies are now available for purchase as well. The first two are purchase only while the last one is available for purchase or rental (but right now with two different files on Vudu).

In the interest of transparency and openness I offer the following:

1.) Dead Man's Chest and At World's End are each available for purchase at iTunes for $14.99 - $5.00 less than Vudu price.
        2.) At World's End is available in HD on iTunes. It is not in HD on Vudu yet.

But since the largest shareholder of iTunes is also the largest shareholder of Disney, I'm not surprised!

Comment

Lot's more Disney titles will be for "sale", but they will appear in the Vudu catalog as a seperate title (i.e. one placard for the Rental option and one for the Purchase option). This is a studio requirement, not a Vudu decision folks.

We did learn something else, a new term for this industry - EST content. That stands for Electronic Sell Through, which is distinguished from VOD (Video On Demand) rental content.

Comment

Yeah, this industry has a way of inspiring a very colorful vocabulary. (As in "cover your ears, kids, dad is talking about the MPAA again!" )

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
              Lot's more Disney titles will be for "sale", but they will appear in the Vudu catalog as a seperate title (i.e. one placard for the Rental option and one for the Purchase option). This is a studio requirement, not a Vudu decision folks.

We did learn something else, a new term for this industry - EST content. That stands for Electronic Sell Through, which is distinguished from VOD (Video On Demand) rental content.
              This is getting out of hand. First, different placards for SD and HD. Now, different ones for purchase and rental Is is the same way on AppleTV? From looking at its interface footage, it appears they have only one listing period (SD/HD/rental/purchase).

Comment

Originally posted by Rusdude View Post
                This is getting out of hand. First, different placards for SD and HD. Now, different ones for purchase and rental Is is the same way on AppleTV? From looking at its interface footage, it appears they have only one listing period (SD/HD/rental/purchase).
                This is an easy problem to solve. Just make all the VUDU titles rent only!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusdude View Post
                  The separate purchase/rent placards for Disney titles was a requirement imposed BY Disney. We are not privy to why this is but that was the requirement (and I believe they chose the posters/placards as well). Vudu had no control over this.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                    The separate purchase/rent placards for Disney titles was a requirement imposed BY Disney. We are not privy to why this is but that was the requirement (and I believe they chose the posters/placards as well). Vudu had no control over this.
                    Well now its got me wondering. Do you know if there is a requirement by any of the content providers for a VUDU rentable title to be made availble for purchase too?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertHodge View Post
                      Well now its got me wondering. Do you know if there is a requirement by any of the content providers for a VUDU rentable title to be made availble for purchase too?
                      I don't understand. Purchases and rentals are two different contractual agreements (one is considered VOD, the other EST (electronic sell thru). AFAIK, Disney is the only studio requiring separate placards, posters and files.

Comment

I don't understand. Purchases and rentals are two different contractual agreements (one is considered VOD, the other EST (electronic sell thru). AFAIK, Disney is the only studio requiring separate placards, posters and files.
                        Sorry, what I mean is, if VUDU provides a title for rental on their VUDU box, does VUDU also have to provide it for purchase as well, as a studio contractual requirement?

Hope that was better phrased.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertHodge View Post
                          Sorry, what I mean is, if VUDU provides a title for rental on their VUDU box, does VUDU also have to provide it for purchase as well, as a studio contractual requirement?

Hope that was better phrased.
                          I still don't follow. It's not a Vudu choice. It's up to the licensing arrangements. There are a lot of titles on Vudu that are rental only. There are purchase only titles and there are both.

Comment

I still don't follow. It's not a Vudu choice. It's up to the licensing arrangements. There are a lot of titles on Vudu that are rental only. There are purchase only titles and there are both.
                            Yes, understand that. But does anyone require that VUDU provides "both" rental and purchase for titles?

I guess what I'm getting at is if VUDU wanted to provide a rental only service would they be restricted from providing certain titles "unless" they also provided it for purchase too?

Comment

No idea. But I don't think Vudu would want to do that. It would be in their best interest to provide purchase and rental options for 100% of the content. The only reason they don't is because of contractual restrictions that may be beyond the reach of even the studios (ie: see my posts about the content owners).

Comment

Working...
                              X