Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

HDX no longer works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDX no longer works

Hi,

Since my last movie rental (S.W.A.T.: Firefight [HDX], 3/16) I've been having issues with HDX streams buffering (going to the "loading..." screen) excessively (to the point where the stream is just unwatchable). I've watched 10 HDX movies since 9/18/2010 and never had any buffering interruptions (until a couple of days ago). I had to switch to HD quality on the SWAT retental just to make it watchable. I'm also getting a lot of these errors when attempting to play HDX trailers/free previews:

Unable to stream this movie at the moment due to a network error. Please try again a little later.

I'm using vudu and Netflix on a Samsung BD-C7900. The Netflix streams have no buffering issues. The Blu-ray palyer's built in speed test shows ~5mbps as does my Internet provider's (AT&T DSL) speed test site and the speakeasy speed test site from my PC.

Thanks,

->g.

Re: HDX no longer works

Originally posted by glc650 View Post
    Hi,

Since my last movie rental (S.W.A.T.: Firefight [HDX], 3/16) I've been having issues with HDX streams buffering (going to the "loading..." screen) excessively (to the point where the stream is just unwatchable). I've watched 10 HDX movies since 9/18/2010 and never had any buffering interruptions (until a couple of days ago). I had to switch to HD quality on the SWAT retental just to make it watchable. I'm also getting a lot of these errors when attempting to play HDX trailers/free previews:

Unable to stream this movie at the moment due to a network error. Please try again a little later.

I'm using vudu and Netflix on a Samsung BD-C7900. The Netflix streams have no buffering issues. The Blu-ray palyer's built in speed test shows ~5mbps as does my Internet provider's (AT&T DSL) speed test site and the speakeasy speed test site from my PC.

Thanks,

->g.
    Hello GLC,

I would be happy to take a look at your streaming session. Could you possibly send me the email address you used to create your vudu account in a private message?

Comment

dhatman,

Any update on this? I wanted to rent a movie last night but still too much buffering.

Thanks,

->g.

Comment

dhatman,

Any update on this? I wanted to rent a movie last night but still too much buffering.

Thanks,

->g.
        All the information is passed along, I will give you a heads up as soon as i get more information.

Comment

Thanks dhatman...so how wide spread does this issue seem?

Comment

Thanks dhatman...so how wide spread does this issue seem?
            Must be pretty widespread. I'm a new user and my first selection (Extended A-TEAM HDX) started with the buffering problem almost immediately. Got a message saying that, due to the problem, I should switch to 720p HD. I did and watched it that way for an hour. Then I switched back to HDX and it was okay from then on. Makes me wary about ordering another movie though. (I have a 15mps speed via FIOS)

Comment

I encountered some buffering issues while watching "A Boy and His Dog" last weekend. I too have pretty much always been able to run HDX without a problem. I ended up switching to HD to watch the movie and it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by redwein View Post
                I encountered some buffering issues while watching "A Boy and His Dog" last weekend. I too have pretty much always been able to run HDX without a problem. I ended up switching to HD to watch the movie and it worked fine.
                Who's your ISP?

Comment

Who's your ISP?
                  I have Comcast 50Mb business class. I have watched subsequent HDX movies with no issue so it was just a problem with that movie at that time.

Comment

I also have had problems I have 25mb fiber optic and have had problems with every movie for the past 2 weeks. The latest happend tonight with the Tourist right at the end of the movie. Very aggravating for $6 bucks a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by viper90k View Post
                      I also have had problems I have 25mb fiber optic and have had problems with every movie for the past 2 weeks. The latest happend tonight with the Tourist right at the end of the movie. Very aggravating for $6 bucks a movie.
                      Yea I was watching the Tourist as well. It was at least playable in HDX but it still buffered 4 times and throw up the network error mentioned above once.

Comment

I'll tell you, this is getting ridiculous......There are a number of people complaining about the same issue, myself included......I can't even use the built-in speed test in my box, it says network trouble......I did a lot of troubleshooting myself, can't figure it out......On the Vizio TV the speed test works, I got only one instance of buffering, then the movie played fine....This is on a WIRELESS connection, mind you..........My VUDU box is hard wired to my router, nothing has changed since the time the service was flawless.....

I used ping and traceroute to VUDU servers and detected no issues from a laptop I had connected to the cable at the box end....I disconnected the cable from the box and inserted it into my laptop and performed the tests....I don't know where to go from here...I think it's a software issue in the box.....Movies that are stored to the hard drive play perfect...

I takes a lot to get me ****ed off and I am one of the biggest supporters of the service, but this buffering issue is taking the cake right now....I need to know WHAT the HELL is going on!!!! This has been going on for a number of days now and until this is corrected, I guess I will go back to buying discs....I am not requesting credits or any thing like that....I just want my flawless streaming service to return......

Comment

update: well I watched You Again in HDX last night and it played flawlessly. So maybe we are back on track?

Comment

I tried again tonight, still the same issue.......built-in speedtest in the BX100 does not work, still says network trouble......I called Dan H. yesterday and had a lengthy conversation with him.....I thought today I would get some sort of update from someone regarding this issue.......I am going to put any further purchases and rentals on hold until this issue is resolved........

I want to emphasize, I love the service, support the service, but I will not tolerate the continued interruptions I have been having lately...There is no issue with my ISP throttling my service either......Rant over......

Comment

Update: After a Herculean effort by D. Hatman and the engineers at VUDU, I think my issue is resolved...Not 100% sure but I'll keep streaming movies to make sure......Kudos to the team......Customer service overall, is tops.....My rant was because I got frustrated at the length of time it took to resolve issue........

Comment

Working...
                              X