Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

How long can you store rentals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long can you store rentals?

Would like to pre download HDX movies from my PC to my VUDU device. If I download a movie and don't start watching it how long will I have to start/watch it? Is it 30 days?

When I hit rent on my PC I only see a "Watch on PC" choice. If I rent on my PC will it just show up on my VUDU device (and will it/can it be pre downloaded and held for up to 30 days)?

Re: How long can you store rentals?

Originally posted by Julien View Post
    Would like to pre download HDX movies from my PC to my VUDU device. If I download a movie and don't start watching it how long will I have to start/watch it? Is it 30 days?

When I hit rent on my PC I only see a "Watch on PC" choice. If I rent on my PC will it just show up on my VUDU device (and will it/can it be pre downloaded and held for up to 30 days)?

Julien,

-If you rent a movie, it will sit on your account for 30 days before expiring.
    -Once you start the viewing period, you have 24-48 hours depending on the movie studio restrictions.
    -If your device is capable of downloading purchases you will need to initiate the download on the device itself.
    -Currently you can only stream SD on your PC
    -Rentals will transfer between devices as long as they are on the same account.

Comment

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
      Julien,

-Once you start the viewing period, you have 24-48 hours depending on the movie studio restrictions.
      -If your device is capable of downloading purchases you will need to initiate the download on the device itself.
      Thanks,

I just wish I could "push" a movie onto my VUDU STB from my PC because my VUDU STB is in my HT and I don't want to fire up the projector to "surf and rent". Guess since I have 30 days I should try and plan ahead but I use VUDU more as a spur of the moment decide when I can't think of a BD to watch.

Comment

Thanks,

I just wish I could "push" a movie onto my VUDU STB from my PC because my VUDU STB is in my HT and I don't want to fire up the projector to "surf and rent". Guess since I have 30 days I should try and plan ahead but I use VUDU more as a spur of the moment decide when I can't think of a BD to watch.
        Just a suggestion, since movies that are purchased or rented are stored in the cloud, there is no need to push from one device to another....You can set up the rental on your PC, then view it on your HT later on......I do this with purchases a lot and it works well....

Comment

Originally posted by canadien37 View Post
          Just a suggestion, since movies that are purchased or rented are stored in the cloud, there is no need to push from one device to another....You can set up the rental on your PC, then view it on your HT later on......I do this with purchases a lot and it works well....
          ...but I want to download it to my VUDU STB. This way there is no chance of a "spinnin wheel". What I want is to decide on a move select it on my PC and have it downloading. Head downstairs and fire it up and start watching with a 15 minute or so "buffer" so there is NO chance of a spinning wheel.

Also I'm buying a 3D projector and want to watch some HDX 3D titles (wish VUDU would get serious about adding more titles ). Since it appears VUDU uses frame packing (sequential) since it requires HDMI 1.4a the bandwidth requirement is even more important.

Comment

Just noticed/remembered I have an iPhone VUDU App that lets you rent. Will this download into my VUDU STB if I buy on the iPhone or is it for the PC?

Comment

...but I want to download it to my VUDU STB. This way there is no chance of a "spinnin wheel". What I want is to decide on a move select it on my PC and have it downloading. Head downstairs and fire it up and start watching with a 15 minute or so "buffer" so there is NO chance of a spinning wheel.

Also I'm buying a 3D projector and want to watch some HDX 3D titles (wish VUDU would get serious about adding more titles ). Since it appears VUDU uses frame packing (sequential) since it requires HDMI 1.4a the bandwidth requirement is even more important.
              Ok, I see, I must have misunderstood your issue........The only way I actually download films is via the BX box......I don't have an I-phone, so I don't know about downloading via their app......

Comment

Just noticed/remembered I have an iPhone VUDU App that lets you rent. Will this download into my VUDU STB if I buy on the iPhone or is it for the PC?
                Currently this is not working as the page describes it. You can rent from the app but not download.

Comment

Thanks,

You used to be able to do this. With my BX100 boxes I used to rent a title at work and when I got home that evening it would already be downloaded and ready to watch. But this was before they started streaming.
                  I also haven't looked at my BX100 boxes in a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwt View Post
                    You used to be able to do this. With my BX100 boxes I used to rent a title at work and when I got home that evening it would already be downloaded and ready to watch. But this was before they started streaming.
                    I also haven't looked at my BX100 boxes in a long time now.
                    My understanding is that the "initiate RENTAL download remotely" feature disappeared when the "Brazil" update was rolled out, but I am not sure. I don't even own a Vudu STB; I've just been hitting the boards periodically to see if there is any news.

I would personally love to see Vudu offer remote download initiation for HDX rentals through a computer or a mobile app. Even if it was not the full film, but just a partial download or pre-buffer that would let me get through the whole film without any re-buffering.

Comment

Back when the set-top boxes were the only game in town and HDX was download-only, you could send an HDX movie to a specific box from the web site. I don't know why they did away with that. (Probably has something to do with the fact that not every movie can be downloaded....*()&$# content licenses....)

Comment

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
                        Julien,

Is that also true for the $.99 specials? If I pay and choose, "start later," can later be another day?

Comment

Originally posted by originalstarlite View Post
                          Is that also true for the $.99 specials? If I pay and choose, "start later," can later be another day?
                          I can tell you from experience that the sale of the "day" refers to the day you make the purchase; the viewing restrictions are the same as any other movie.

Comment

Working...
                          X