Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Discussion of off topic posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion of off topic posts

This is the first forum I've ever joined and participated in.

I must be getting good at it though.

It's the first time I've ever been censored.

At least I took a lot of people down with me!!

Re: IR support

Originally posted by HeadHodge View Post
    This is the first forum I've ever joined and participated in.

I must be getting good at it though.

It's the first time I've ever been censored.

At least I took a lot of people down with me!!
    Sorry. I have to keep this room somewhat clean.
    Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by JohnA View Post
      I think it's a shame, but I sorta understand.

I guess after being bombarded with this sort of stuff all the time after living in Oregon, San Francisco, San Diego, and Sydney Oz, it doesn't seem dirty to me, just funny. I believe Seth McFarlane meant it that way as well.

Anyways I realize there are little puppies out there, so even though I don't necessarily agree with it, I'll "try" to be a good boy.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by JohnA View Post
        Thanks. I appreciate it even though I am not a little puppy.

Comment

This is not just about keeping the discussions clean, but also about keeping technical discussion technical.

If every single technical discussion turns off-topic then you might see less and less participation by people that are more interested in the technical side of things.

One warning sign for me was that other engineers told me that they look at the forum less and less because of this and similar discussions...

Hagen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
            This is not just about keeping the discussions clean, but also about keeping technical discussion technical.

If every single technical discussion turns off-topic then you might see less and less participation by people that are more interested in the technical side of things.

One warning sign for me was that other engineers told me that they look at the forum less and less because of this and similar discussions...

Hagen.
            Well I totally agree with that. But I was suggesting (in a post that's now gone) is to just simply move the posts to another (non technical) thread.

I didn't get the impression that this forum was only about technical support issues. Forgive me if I was wrong and I'll keep it to that.

Best Regards

Comment

Originally posted by HeadHodge View Post
              I didn't get the impression that this forum was only about technical support issues. Forgive me if I was wrong and I'll keep it to that.
              Well not the whole forum but the title of this thread was IR support. You couldn't have got much more off topic from that if you tried. I did a bit of research to see what the off topic reference was to and I sincerely wish I had not. To tell you the truth, I haven't been reading as much on the forum recently because the lengths of some of the off topic stuff has grown longer than the on topic things.

Comment

There are all kinds of categories and threads on this forum. This specific one is about IR support (as the title suggests).

Feel free to talk as much as you want about family guy here:

http://forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?t=2131

...interesingly enough there is not a single reply on that one.

Hagen.

Comment

It would not hurt anybody to re-read, and remember the posting guidelines found at http://forum.vudu.com/announcement.php?f=43

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
                    It would not hurt anybody to re-read, and remember the posting guidelines found at http://forum.vudu.com/announcement.php?f=43
                    Yea true Brain. But I think you're copping out on the issue. It's like telling me to go to Wikepedia to get the answer.

Best Regards

I'm really not trying to battle, just a big believer in the freedom of speech. But hey, it's not my website. Just a guest.

Comment

Re: Discussion of off topic posts

I've moved these out of the IR thread because we've had another 10 posts getting off topic.

I think these rabbit trails are fun to go down and sometimes posts digress a little bit, but if Vudu engineering and customers are not reading as much because our little "forum club" likes to give each other laughs, it's not serving its purpose.

I propose that if a thread goes off track like this from now on, we split it off and carry on the off topic discussion in its own thread.

Comment

Ok. Well now that this is officially an off topic thread. My objection to last night was not about the Family Guy episode or what was contained in it. It was the original video that it was based on (at least I think it was based on that). Anyway, I ended up finding that original video due to posts and remarks on the thread and that video was in no way funny. I challenge you to find one person who thinks it is. It could honestly cause you to vomit. I still get sick to my stomach if I even recall part of it. I agree with whoever said it could cause nightmares, even in an adult.

Now perhaps when the reference to the Family Guy episode was brought up, maybe it wasn't known that it was based on that video. I have no idea. If it was, I can't think of why anyone would want to start a discussion around it on this forum.

Comment

I had no idea what it was so I am sorry for asking. Ed sent me a private message telling NOT to see it and NOT to go looking for it. What I found was a Wikipedia entry telling about what it was. All I had to do was read that and go no further.

The Family Guy reaction clip was made as it seems the pop culture rage about the aforementioned movie is to show it to people and tape their reaction. I have no desire to subject myself or anyone else to such rubbish.

So I apologize for asking what it was. I thought the original item was something that was part of a family guy episode.

Comment

Originally posted by redwein View Post
                            ..that video was in no way funny. I challenge you to find one person who thinks it is. It could honestly cause you to vomit. I still get sick to my stomach if I even recall part of it. I agree with whoever said it could cause nightmares, even in an adult.

...I can't think of why anyone would want to start a discussion around it on this forum.

Well, I've let it go up until now, but I've cleaned up any type of bodily fluid you can think of and many you probably can't, unless you've done hospice care or other clinical care, and none of them faze me. The only thing that's ever disturbed me about any of it is seeing someone in pain or afraid. I thought the video was a little pathetic and somewhat amusing in its earnest desire to be shocking for the sake of being shocking, but that was outweighed by my curiosity about the practicalities of making it. Stuff like that has never affected my appetite in the least since I was a kid, so no, it wasn't anywhere close to causing me to be nauseated.

So I guess I did find it a little funny, since you did ask.

I'm ready to drop it now, as I don't really see it as that interesting, but I'm willing to discuss the infectious disease and other public health issues involved in clinical detail off-list if anyone else is actually up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                              So I apologize for asking what it was. I thought the original item was something that was part of a family guy episode.
                              I guess I'm not sure what your referring to.

But what I was referring to was a Stewie flashback that I watched in the latest episode fo Family Guy last Sunday on FOX primetime.

It was definitely part of a real Family Guy episode.

It didn't show anything explicit, just Stewie's and Brian's faces while they watched an internet video. They left it up to your imagination as to what they were watching.

I found it very funny because I have a wild imagination. My wife watched it with me too and she had a totally different interpretation. So as far I was concerned no harm done.

The barfing clip was way more graphic in nature than this. But maybe people found it funnier because it didn't leave anything up to your imagination. Kinda like watching the 3 Stooges poke each other's eyes out.

Anyways I was just having some friendly banter with NA9D and the only reason I brought it up was because I had just seen it on FOX a few days before and I thought maybe he had as well.

You want to watch something really disturbing, just watch the episode of Friends with Danny Divto in it.

Anyways I apologize if it offended anyone, that was not my intent and I didn't realize it would cause such a commotion.

Comment

Working...
                              X