Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Still thinking on getting a vudu.....advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still thinking on getting a vudu.....advice

i gave them a call and asked them a few questions such as

-a list of movies that are for sale.... he said the project would would take to long.

-any hd movies for sale yet?

-i have all the network connections in the kitchen, (all the computers in the house are wireless) would i be able to bring the vudu in the living room and run it wireless
    he said i should get a game router. he then gave me some names....

i would like to have an updated list on what films are for sale and whats for rent.

-I did ask how long the Bourn Promo (I told him i have it on hd dvd he said he did also. lol) will be going on for (he said till mabe sometime in MAY) and are there any other promos in the future? He said right now nothing he knows of but when a new promo comes it will be posted.

is vudu still worth it over like apple tv. i looked an apple tv and thought about it!

Re: Still thinking on getting a vudu.....advice

Originally posted by Stones2002 View Post
    i gave them a call and asked them a few questions such as

-a list of movies that are for sale.... he said the project would would take to long.
    Yes. Sitting on the phone while someone reads you over 5000 movie titles would take a very long time.

is vudu still worth it over like apple tv. i looked an apple tv and thought about it!
    There's a thread here from former ATV owners. The main issues are: content - AppleTV is sorely lacking in content. Speed - the AppleTV doesn't offer instant playback of movies, so you sit and wait.

Vudu has a great return policy, so why not just get one and see if you like it? You can always just send it back.

Comment

AppleTV HD vs. Vudu - First Impressions

ATV Customer .. Fed up just ordered Vudu

AppleTV and 24 Hour Viewing Window

Comment

Originally posted by paulrus View Post
        Vudu has a great return policy, so why not just get one and see if you like it? You can always just send it back.
        I'm a firm believer in trying things with return policies. When I can't decide between two items, I buy them both and return one. Well, usually I return one, unless I fall for both of them

I wasn't aware of Vudu's return policy, so this is good news to hear.

Comment

The only HD movie for sale at this time is the third Bourne movie. I imagine other HD movies will come for sale soon or I hope soon.

As for content - I think nearly all current run movies are getting released to the box as they get released to DVD. There's over 5500 movies right now.

You'll enjoy the box.

Yes, wireless is an option. Our own RonV can help you with any device or configuration issues.

Comment

You can also try ethernet over powerline adapters. They can work very well and provide very fast networking speeds depending on the conditions.

Comment

I was thinking that when we are able to buy HD Movies from Apple or Vudu (which ever one does it first) will win the settop box war. how long do you think that may take?

from what i can tell is you can buy SD movies from Vudu and it looks good.(not that i have seen) and the price ranges i think from $10-$20
              you can buy SD movies from itunes and they look okay but good. $10-$15

Comment

I was thinking that when we are able to buy HD Movies from Apple or Vudu (which ever one does it first) will win the settop box war. how long do you think that may take?

from what i can tell is you can buy SD movies from Vudu and it looks good.(not that i have seen) and the price ranges i think from $10-$20
                I think the deal is that when one service gets them, they will all get them.

My 46" LCD is connected via component to the Vudu, so the highest resolution I can use is 480p. I'm not a picture snob or anything, but I certainly prefer HD to SD. However, I don't think I've even once had a "cringe" moment with my Vudu where I thought "geeez, I gotta get an HDMI cable in there".

Maybe bigger sets have more issues with picture. But 480p (as opposed to the standard broadcast 480i) looks great on my set.

PS - Yes, I would probably opt for HD-versions of movies that I purchase just because I like to always get the best quality I can. But for rentals the SD versions still look great.

Comment

I don't buy HD movies, but if I did I would not buy it from either VUDU or ATV.

I would go online to someone like Amazon and buy it on physical BluRay disc. The quality on BluRay is better (at this moment) than any of the other options.

So for that reason, I would be just as happy if VUDU only rented movies.

Comment

I have an hd-dvd player and it works fine. i am happy with it. but i dont want to plunk down $400-500 on a new dvd player. yes i am also happy with renting now old hd moves from netflix. and upconvering SD movies but sometimes i would want to own a new HD movie and get that "fix"

and storage i would rather have it on a HD then the disc its self now since i have too much.

Comment

I think there's room for both players. In terms of volume, I am sure Apple has sold more ATVs than Vudu has sold Vudus if for no other reason than Apple has been selling their box for well over a year and Vudu for just over 6 months.

But beyond that, I think both services can co-exist.

Vudu already has 1 HD movie for purchase. ATV has none.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                        Vudu already has 1 HD movie for purchase. ATV has none.
                        Are you thinking of the 3 Bourne movies?

-- Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                          Are you thinking of the 3 Bourne movies?

-- Greg
                          Wow that's a great point. You can technically buy all three Bourne movies, even though two of them are $0 in cost!!!

I think you caught NA9D, the walking calculator, in a math error.

Comment

Well, I don't consider the first two to really be "purchases." You don't spend any money on them...

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                              Well, I don't consider the first two to really be "purchases." You don't spend any money on them...
                              Oh contrair mon ami (sipnc).

You had to pay for that Vudu to get those 2 so called freebies.

Comment

Working...
                              X