Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Older Blurays with Digital Copy Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older Blurays with Digital Copy Code

i don't use these iTunes Digital Copies. They just go to waste.
    Can i use that authorization code to reedem Ultraviolet movie instead?
    For Example the 2008 film 'WANTED' is available on Ultraviolet / my old blueray of 'WANTED' has Digital Copy Code for MAC or PC. Tried putting my Authorization code to use. Did not work.
    any thoughts on this?

Re: Older Blurays with Digital Copy Code

They wont work. I tried a few as well.

Comment

Originally posted by xmp55 View Post
      i don't use these iTunes Digital Copies. They just go to waste.
      Can i use that authorization code to reedem Ultraviolet movie instead?
      For Example the 2008 film 'WANTED' is available on Ultraviolet / my old blueray of 'WANTED' has Digital Copy Code for MAC or PC. Tried putting my Authorization code to use. Did not work.
      any thoughts on this?
      XMP55, where did you try to redeem those older Digital Copy codes?

Comment

From my understanding, they tried to redeem them through Vudu or another UV retailer and it was unsuccessful. Most likely those codes are for iTunes versions or some other alternative and will only be good for the redeemable product that was specified on the insert.

Comment

Try codes here - http://www.universalhidef.com/digitalcopy/

I was able to redeem WM/iTunes DC codes for Ultraviolet copies for:

Wanted
          Your Highness
          Adjustment Bureau
          Paul

Sadly they were only SD quality.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post

Wanted
            Your Highness
            Adjustment Bureau
            Paul

That's interesting to know, I have some movies with iTunes digital copies... I might have to give this a try, that's a shame that they are only SD though...

Comment

I got my BTTF codes from my Blu-ray's and tried them and they don't work

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post

Wanted
                Your Highness
                Adjustment Bureau
                Paul

Had you previously redeemed these in iTunes and still got them to work and be added into your Vudu account ?

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
                  Had you previously redeemed these in iTunes and still got them to work and be added into your Vudu account ?
                  Not redeemed on iTunes. They all had expired.

Comment

Maybe that's what my problem is. I did use the codes to download them through iTunes. I did submit a question on their page to see if some how I could still get them added to my Vudu account.

Comment

I've been able to get UV codes from Universal HiDef support. I just told them what movies I owned and if there was UV Codes available they gave them to me. Some are not UV compatible yet. So no codes where there.

Comment

Originally posted by coolguycarlos View Post
                        I've been able to get UV codes from Universal HiDef support. I just told them what movies I owned and if there was UV Codes available they gave them to me. Some are not UV compatible yet. So no codes where there.
                        Cool. What titles did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by coolguycarlos View Post
                          If possible can you tell us how you worded your request?

Comment

My understanding is that "digital copy" and "UV" are two basically wholly separate mechanisms. "Digital Copy" is in some ways the "old way" and is either downloaded directly from the disc to your PC or downloaded via iTunes either again from the disc or from their digital repository. I don't believe that "Digital Copy" codes, per se, can be used to claim "UV" copies. Which I think is stupid and I've expressed my opinion to at least one studio via a feedback group I was invited to join. It's my opinion that one digital copy code should be as good as another and that codes should not "expire" or at least if they do expire without having been redeemed there should be a mechanism for "trading in" the old code for a new code to the same movie set, since discs often sit on warehouse shelves longer than the expiration data on the contained "Digital Copy" redemption certificates. I also think that one SHOULD be able to redeem "Digital Copy" codes (that haven't yet been claimed for DC) for UV copies, sine that seems to be the way the industry is going now (UV). Most "new" movies with UV codes have a single code for both "UV" & a "Digital Copy" (via iTunes, Amazon or whoever the "DC" provider is), and often you just enter it once into the studio's side and then it gives you access to both the UV & DC redemption options from the same page. Which seems a better system. Many of those don't even require the physical disc. You just enter the code and then get a UV copy though VUDU and a code to enter into iTunes to download from their digital repository, no longer "from disc." But it's not at all standard yet. My opinion is the "industry" needs to create a single "digital copy" portal where folks go to redeem ALL codes: DC, UV, hybrid UV/DC, etc. So there's less confusion and more uniformity of redemption experience. Likewise the ability to redeem otherwise "expired" but unredeemed codes. It would also be nice if when one redeems a code from a title one already owns you instead got a "credit" toward another catalog title from the same studio, etc. A little tchochke for paying into the system multiple times. For instance buying Tron on DVD and redeeming UV then buying it again on Blu-Ray combo and redeeming UV. There's no point in having multiple UV copies. You get no additional "benefit" from two copies. It would be nice if the studios then just gave you an extra digital copy of a different title, kind of a "thank you" or something to keep you hooked on their addictive product. Another "hit" of digital crack to keep you coming back for more.

Comment

Working...
                            X