Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

The "Incorrect Aspect Ratio" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Incorrect Aspect Ratio" Thread

Originally posted by musacfreak73 View Post
    Conspiracy Theory has been fixed, the HDX version is now in its OAR
    Has the SD/HD version been fixed though? If not, it may have to stay on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by prkprkprk View Post
      Has the SD/HD version been fixed though? If not, it may have to stay on the list.
      Just checked SD and HD versions and they are still cropped.

Comment

I noticed earlier in the thread that Speed Racer was listed as fixed. However, this is not the case for the HDX version. The SD and HD versions are 2.35:1 but HDX is still 16:9. This was pretty disappointing to discover as I bought it under the impression that it was now being displayed as it was meant to be.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeumms View Post
          I noticed earlier in the thread that Speed Racer was listed as fixed. However, this is not the case for the HDX version. The SD and HD versions are 2.35:1 but HDX is still 16:9. This was pretty disappointing to discover as I bought it under the impression that it was now being displayed as it was meant to be.
          I'm very sorry that this happened to you, I have just updated the thread to ensure that no one else runs into this issue.

Comment

We can add two more to the list.

Revenge of the Nerds III: The Next Generation
            Revenge of the Nerds IV: Nerds in Love

Both are showing wider than shot.

Comment

Aspect Ratio Revisited

I know there is a long thread on aspect ratio errors, but this thread is less about the errors themselves than it is about the time resolving these issues. I opened several cases on movies shown in the wrong Aspect ratio. So far, none have been resolved. Now I know they said that it could take away getting new files from the studios, but what I fond upsetting it that all of the films in question stream in the correct ratio on other UV providers.

Now I don't want to sound like a complainer, or like I'm saying "Brand X" is better than Vudu -- this is simply not the case. I'm a very satisfied Vudu customer and Vudu is without question my UV provider of choice. It's the very fact that Vudu is far and away the best that makes these errors so glaring.

The films in questions are the following:

American Scary
              Cube (SD version only, HD is indeed in the correct ratio)
              Phantasm (the original)
              Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead
              Revenge of the Nerds III: The Next Generation
              Revenge of the Nerds IV: Nerds in love

Of these six titles, the one that I find the most upsetting is American Scary. The other 5 titles were purchased through Disc to Digital, so I can always still watch the DVDs and see them in the correct aspect ratio. American Scary was purchased direct from Vudu. It is not an Ultraviolet title, so I can't watch it on another streaming service. Vudu is quite literally the only place I can watch the film, and it's been in the wrong ratio since the day I made the purchase.

I wish something could be done about the turnaround time on getting these issues fixed. Would it help if we (the consumers) called the studios to complain that they provided you with a broken file? If waiting for the studio to provide a replacement file is really the only hold up, then maybe that would help. They say that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Comment

Re: Aspect Ratio Revisited

Originally posted by Joefiore1976 View Post
                Phantasm (the original)
                Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead
                Would you mind telling me what aspect ratio these two are playing in? Thanks!

Sorry everyone that I've been away from this thread for a little while, additions have been made though.

Comment

Re: Aspect Ratio Revisited

Would you mind telling me what aspect ratio these two are playing in? Thanks!

Sorry everyone that I've been away from this thread for a little while, additions have been made though.
                  I don't know what aspect ratio they are supposed to be, but it looks like they are playing back at 4:3

Comment

PLEASE NOTE: The Lego Movie is in the wrong aspect ratio. Do not purchase the current version until it is fixed!

Comment

Reading this list crushes my soul a bit. Why is it such a struggle to get films in their original aspect ratio? The ones that should be in 4:3 that are stretched to 16:9 are unwatchable. What's the point in HDX if the image is stretched-to-look horrible anyway?

What can we do to make this problem go away? Vudu says the studios need to send new files, except they just are not doing it. Can we call the studios and demand that they provide Vudu with the correct files? The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Comment

i would like to add John Carpenter's CHRISTINE to the list - it should be 2.35:1 but it's cropped and this films suffers greatly from cropping.

Comment

I got Song of the Thin Man with D2D:
                          http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...f-the-Thin-Man

It's 4:3, but has black bars on all four sides on my iPad. Seems OK on the PC copy.

Comment

PLEASE NOTE: The Lego Movie is in the wrong aspect ratio. Do not purchase the current version until it is fixed!
                            We reached out to the studio and should have a new version with the correct aspect ratio available shortly.

Comment

Dan - is it possible to add CHRISTINE to the list?

Comment

Originally posted by oleus View Post
                                Dan - is it possible to add CHRISTINE to the list?
                                Added!

Comment

Working...
                                X