Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

The "Incorrect Aspect Ratio" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Incorrect Aspect Ratio" Thread

The aspect ratio for Bridget Jones Baby is incorrect. The OAR is 2:35 to 1, Vudu's version is 1:78 to 1.

Comment

Re: The "Incorrect Aspect Ratio" Thread ... thank you and let's bring awareness here

thank you to prk and all involved ... I'm new to streaming and love it but hate wrong aspects ... I want to help and anyone may contact me ... I used to contribute to dvdbeaver and own over 50,000 DVDs and Blu-ray ... I believe in the present and future of streaming and the hosts must be educated to the desires of the audience .... I was beginning to buy many films but stopped when I realized the danger of being ripped off too many times by radical deviations from the OAR ... some cropping is understandable perhaps but they must realise the original aspect means more sales by save collectors who will be the most active buyers ...
      btw I believe Google play/youtube does a much better job as far as I've seen in the few months I've been buying and Amazon is bad
      I wish the hosts like VUDU etc would list the ratio ASAP
      THANKS please feel free to contact me for anything

Comment

Originally posted by ddd64 View Post
        I just bought the Indiana Jones package in HDX, found that Raiders was incorrect, and found this thread detailing the problem. It's too bad it has been a whole month since the Vudu representative said the problem was being fixed, and nothing has changed even for such a high-profile set of films. I felt like moving from physical media to streaming was going to be a step forward, but it seems now like a step back. Hopefully all of these titles are fixed soon.
        I agree that a move forward is necessary in regards to OAR ... I have seen this battle in every way films are show over countless decades and voice of purists IS heard and responded to
        money talks I spend hundred in a few weeks and stopped when I saw too many wrong aspects ...

Comment

vudu please give us OAR and we will give you our MONEY

Originally posted by Unca Neil View Post
          Agreed! I feel like I'm wearing blinders...
          the butchered Cristine made me stop by buying and turn to this forum
          previously stopped patronizing Amazon and now vudu after spending over 100 a week! I have found Google play you tube doing a better job but I've only been stream buying a few months ...
          VUDO! IF U WANT MY MONEY GIVE ME ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO!!!!

Comment

Checked List to Mine - Some Corrections -

First thanks for the Thread. I wish I found this thread before spending 100's on VUDU adding my Discs via D to D. I just added "The Devil's Advocate" and started to watch it on VUDU and noticed intermediately it was cropped! I went back to my DVD version of the film which looked so much better than the supposed VUDU HDX cropped version. When I found this I started to look for information on AR and VUDU. I found this thread and now see many of the movies I have added to VUDU are not in the proper AR! This is unacceptable. I will NEVER watch a movie if it is cropped and not the OAR. This means I will continue to only watch my Discs. I have over 500 movies on VUDU now and was continuing to add more when I found this. Now I will have to check all my movies!

So far I have confirmed the following VUDU HDX movies are the wrong aspect ratio.

Demolition Man
            Ben-Hur - Correct for beginning then goes Pan and Scan - Really
            The Devil's Advocate
            Soldier
            The Last Boy Scott
            Absolute Power
            Drive
            Die Hard 2
            Green Lantern (Theatrical Cut) Also noticed my Extended Version Did Not Get Uploaded as Such
            Resident Evil: Retribution - Correct AR through Credits
            Unknown

A date of the last check added to the list might be useful so we know how long movies have been on this list.

Movies checked which seem to be corrected:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Extended Edition) Checked due to 3D version being listed.
            Congo
            The Conspiracy Theory - HDX Correct Confirmed
            Planet of the Apes - 2001 - HDX version Correct Confirmed
            Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves 1991 - (Extended Version)- HDX Version Confirmed Correct - Guessing this matches to the Robin Hood (1991) on the list.
            Lethal Weapon 3 - HDX Confirmed correct
            Last Action Hero - HDX Confirmed correct
            The Fifth Element - HDX Confirmed correct

Hope this helps.

Comment

It's about time they corrected Planet of the Apes!
              It was wrong for a very long time.
              I wish they would fix Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom & mad max movies..... There is no excuse for this mess...

Comment

Also DIE HARD 2, In the Line of Fire The Abyss & Demolition Man need to be fixed BADLY.....

Comment

Just to let everyone know, I just updated the list with your contributions. I apologize that it takes forever for me to get around to getting the list up-to-date, I'm afraid I'm just really busy nowadays. Hard to believe this list was first made almost exactly 4 years ago. You guys have been super helpful over this period of time, thank you so much.

Alas, it is also unfortunate that only a handful of the titles have actually been fixed over these 4 years. This aspect ratio problem is really one of the few big flaws to using Vudu over a Blu-ray or DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by prkprkprk View Post
                    Just to let everyone know, I just updated the list with your contributions. I apologize that it takes forever for me to get around to getting the list up-to-date, I'm afraid I'm just really busy nowadays. Hard to believe this list was first made almost exactly 4 years ago. You guys have been super helpful over this period of time, thank you so much.

Alas, it is also unfortunate that only a handful of the titles have actually been fixed over these 4 years. This aspect ratio problem is really one of the few big flaws to using Vudu over a Blu-ray or DVD.
                    Thank you for creating this thread and updating it. We appreciated all the hard work you've put into it. I've checked it countless times.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine2k3 View Post
                      Thank you for creating this thread and updating it. We appreciated all the hard work you've put into it. I've checked it countless times.
                      +1

This is the most valuable thread in the entire forum. Thanks prkprkprk for keeping it updated.

Comment

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom seem to be fixed in HDX!

Comment

Ladyhawke (OAR: 2.40:1, Vudu: Pillarboxed on all four sides, doesn't fill screen)

Comment

Originally posted by ddd64 View Post
                            Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom seem to be fixed in HDX!
                            Confirmed! Yay!!!

Comment

My question is why are they doing this? The aspect ratios are just as important as the picture quality. What are they trying to do cropping the prints,trying to satisfy some 20 year old nit-wit with an xbox?

Comment

Fatal Attraction (HDX) still is 1.33:1 and the image is horizontally squished on Vudu. IMDB specifies 1.85:1 for this movie.
                                Last edited by Dave36; 04-03-2017, 11:18 PM. Reason: rewording

Comment

Working...
                                X