Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

This Service is Terrible!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Service is Terrible!!!

I have been a VUDU customer for about 3 years now?In fact, I have one of the original Vudu 250GB desktop devices. I got extremely frustrated with the performance and moved away from using the device. I was always having issues with the box shutting down and freezing up. In addition, during streaming, I had many Friday and Saturday nights where I couldn't complete watching my video rental due to streaming issues. To solve these problems, I invested in the Roku 2 XS. It thought it would work out well because I have about 20 movies that I purchased over the past few years and I liked the idea of having them stored in the Vudu "cloud". Unfortunately, they never stream well and the application shuts down and/or spends a lot of time buffering. Many times the solution is to do a hard re-boot with Roku but, that seems to not be working. I have now moved over to Amazon and Amazon Prime with absolutely no streaming issues?In fact, I often move over to Amazon right after the buffering message starts with Vudu?Can you help or is there anything I can do?

both of my devices the original Vudu set top box and Roku2 XS are hard wired with an ethernet cable

For those of you that share my same frustration, Amazon Prime may be the solution for you. I have been having great luck with their service. No problems with buffering, delays, re-streams to SD, crashes etc...Smooth service...

The question is: Can I get a refund for the 20 movies I purchased over the past couple of years? If I have no access to them, what good are they?

Re: This Service is Terrible!!!

Originally posted by PJU1971 View Post
    I have been a VUDU customer for about 3 years now?In fact, I have one of the original Vudu 250GB desktop devices. I got extremely frustrated with the performance and moved away from using the device. I was always having issues with the box shutting down and freezing up. In addition, during streaming, I had many Friday and Saturday nights where I couldn't complete watching my video rental due to streaming issues. To solve these problems, I invested in the Roku 2 XS. It thought it would work out well because I have about 20 movies that I purchased over the past few years and I liked the idea of having them stored in the Vudu "cloud". Unfortunately, they never stream well and the application shuts down and/or spends a lot of time buffering. Many times the solution is to do a hard re-boot with Roku but, that seems to not be working. I have now moved over to Amazon and Amazon Prime with absolutely no streaming issues?In fact, I often move over to Amazon right after the buffering message starts with Vudu?Can you help or is there anything I can do?

both of my devices the original Vudu set top box and Roku2 XS are hard wired with an ethernet cable

For those of you that share my same frustration, Amazon Prime may be the solution for you. I have been having great luck with their service. No problems with buffering, delays, re-streams to SD, crashes etc...Smooth service...
    I also have a BX100 and a Roku XD. Before I watch any move on Vudu I recycle the box I am going to watch it on just out of habit. My Roku buffers otherwise (it is only about 12 feet from the wireless router) and my BX100 (directly wired) is also prone to restarting itself in the middle of a movie. I set up Amazon Prime on my Roku...I may check it out as an alternative. Though I still love downloading HDX quality to my bx100 and watching a movie in true 1080.

Comment

Originally posted by PJU1971 View Post

The question is: Can I get a refund for the 20 movies I purchased over the past couple of years? If I have no access to them, what good are they?

Hi PJU,

My apologies for you poor experiences with VUDU. Have you contacted our support team in the past about the issue? Would you be willing to further investigate the issue??

Comment

Originally posted by raaurora View Post
        I also have a BX100 and a Roku XD. Before I watch any move on Vudu I recycle the box I am going to watch it on just out of habit. My Roku buffers otherwise (it is only about 12 feet from the wireless router) and my BX100 (directly wired) is also prone to restarting itself in the middle of a movie. I set up Amazon Prime on my Roku...I may check it out as an alternative. Though I still love downloading HDX quality to my bx100 and watching a movie in true 1080.
        In some cases the Bluetooth remote may interfere with the Wireless signal strength. As you were saying, the reboot helps in a lot of cases.

Comment

Re: This Service is TERRIFIC!!!

I think Vudu is TERRIFIC!

-- Great selection of HDX movies and TV shows
          -- Early digital releases
          -- Superb video and audio quality (HDX is 1080p!)
          -- Deals to be found during occasional sales
          -- D2D allows me to get digital copies of many of my blu-rays and DVDs
          -- EXCELLENT PLAYBACK on ALL of my devices:
          -------> 55-inch LG 3D Cinema Display with built in Vudu app
          -------> Panasonic BDP 310 3D blu-ray player with built in Vudu app
          -------> Playstation 3 running Vudu app
          -------> Roku 2 XS running Vudu channel
          -------> iPad running Vudu app
          -------> iPhone 5 running Vudu app

I attribute the great streaming service in part to to my internet service provider: Cablevision. It's high-speed internet is excellent most of the time. But fast internet is even better with a great steaming video service like Vudu.

Comment

I am still using a Vudu BX100 and a BX1000, and I am very happy with their performance. I almost never power cycle them unless they lock up (2-3 times a year I find they are unresponsive, probably due to a power interruption).

I do wish we could get a Vudu app for TiVo, though. I watch almost everything else (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube) through my TiVos.

Comment

Well it's not really vudu's fault. TiVo doesn't update their older systems with newer software. The new TiVo's do have a vudu app.

Comment

As I've posted elsewhere I've got a multiple of different devices running Vudu, including some of the original Vudu boxes. Have I had streaming problems, yes, but I've always been able to isolate it to problematic internet provider, router, wireless interference, multiple devices on home network, problem with third party hardware / firmware (GoogleTV, PS3, etc). Not once have I been able to confirm anything was Vudu server related to the streaming. In some case's it was actually my ISP throttling digital downloads from Vudu unbeknownst to me at the time.

Comment

Well that is sort of the "beauty" of the internet...it's easy to blame it on someone or something else. We have been having more and more buffering and network errors with Vudu lately. It use to be at night during what I would call peek hours, but now it's throughout the day. A movie I was watching earlier this morning (around 10am EST) was buffering about every 10 minutes for about the first half of the movie.

Yesterday I bought a few episodes of a TV show for my daughter and after watching each episode she kept coming to get me because the next episode would give her some kind of network error. After retrying 2 or 3 times it would finally play. This is very frustrating for a child to have to deal with and I almost wish I had just ordered the DVD on Amazon.

Funny thing is that if these problems are on our end or somewhere in between then I would expect to see these problems with Hulu and Netflix since we use these services a bit more than Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                    Well that is sort of the "beauty" of the internet...it's easy to blame it on someone or something else. We have been having more and more buffering and network errors with Vudu lately. It use to be at night during what I would call peek hours, but now it's throughout the day. A movie I was watching earlier this morning (around 10am EST) was buffering about every 10 minutes for about the first half of the movie.

Yesterday I bought a few episodes of a TV show for my daughter and after watching each episode she kept coming to get me because the next episode would give her some kind of network error. After retrying 2 or 3 times it would finally play. This is very frustrating for a child to have to deal with and I almost wish I had just ordered the DVD on Amazon.

Funny thing is that if these problems are on our end or somewhere in between then I would expect to see these problems with Hulu and Netflix since we use these services a bit more than Vudu.

Typically, I don't like blanket assign blame to anything. Each situation is different, and each ISP and home network are different. We're here to help as much as we can. If you're buffering, and are willing to troubleshoot, please submit a support ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                      Well it's not really vudu's fault. TiVo doesn't update their older systems with newer software. The new TiVo's do have a vudu app.
                      Really? Which ones? I just got a TiVo Premiere 4 and I can't find Vudu on it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                        Really? Which ones? I just got a TiVo Premiere 4 and I can't find Vudu on it anywhere.
                        Maybe it works on Tivo like it does on the Playstation 3 and Roku 2 XS in that you have to go to the channel installer first.

You might need to install the Vudu app on the Tivo before you can use it.

Comment

I guess I was mistaken. I had a Premiere 2, and it didn't have one, but I read somewhere that the 3 did have one, I considered upgrading, but never did. Sorry!

Comment

I haven't had any problems with Vudu streaming over Wireless G on my PS3 and on wireless N 2.4Ghz on my Roku 2XS on my 30mbs on my Charter internet connection connected to my Linksys E4200 router and some cheap Trendnet router acting as an access point for my Wireless G devices on my network. I have even taken my Roku 2XS to my mom's house where she has 15mbs with Charter with a cheap Trendnet router with Wireless N and I didn't have any issues. With that said I have the physical disc of the movies/tv shows in my Vudu account and only have it on Vudu because of Ultra-Violet.

If you don't mind posting who your ISP is and what speed you are paying for. Vudu requires more bandwidth because HDX is almost Blu-ray quality. Netflix and Amazon compress their videos based on your internet speed and settings on your Netflix account. If you have a PS3 I would recommend that you download the movie to your PS3's hdd. Your PS3 will still need an internet connection to authenticate you have the rights to the movie/tv show.

Comment

Re: This Service

I agree with ^^^^^^^^

One cannot expect to view streaming 1080p HDX movies if their internet service provider is powered by this:

Comment

Working...
                              X