Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Subtitles or Close Caption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitles or Close Caption

I got my vudu box this week. I must said it is an excellent device that excels in quality / delivery speed content.
    For me the only drawback of this box is the absence of Close Caption and/or subtitles. Any timeframe for those features?
    Thanks

Re: Subtitles or Close Caption

Subtitles have been requested for a long time with VUDU. From what I know there is no date for when the VUDU will have them.

Comment

Yeah, we used to have a ton of debates around that. But right now, it doesn't seem like CC/subtitles are on the immediate to-do list. I think, it's a combination of technical and, maybe, licensing issues.

Comment

Do a search in the forums for this. You'll see a large amount of discussion about it.

The reasons are many.

Comment

I love this box. Awesome picture and great selection of movies. Sadly, I'll be sending this box back as there is no support for close caption. I'm not fully able to enjoy movies or television without close caption.

Comment

I am quite "desperada" . I love vudu but myself and other members of my family are not able to watch movies without close caption. I really hope they are willing to work in this must to be resolve issues. I just get 2 vudu boxes and a tv with vudu-internet. Should I have hope or should I return the equipment? This is a huge disadvantage in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by desperada View Post
              I am quite "desperada" . I love vudu but myself and other members of my family are not able to watch movies without close caption. I really hope they are willing to work in this must to be resolve issues. I just get 2 vudu boxes and a tv with vudu-internet. Should I have hope or should I return the equipment? This is a huge disadvantage in the system.
              It's your choice to return the equipment. But Close Captioning is not supported by any device over HDMI. If close captioning is provided, the device has to generate the captioning itself. And the effort to provide such captioning for a movie database of 15,000 movies would be enormous.

Additionally, sub-titling is a major hurdle as well. It's not like physical media where you have additional tracks that can be played for the subtitles.

I would say that the support for this sort of thing is not going to be here in the short term and may never come. If that means you have to return your hardware, then that is your choice.

Comment

Ok I understand had no closed caption you have violation the law. Must have legal with issue if you not had closed caption you failed you must free who deaf client must have full refund the amount that failed your display sell. you have error who made failed same as Netflex did not obey the law "ADA" If you must have subite or closed caption so people deaf community will be happy watch tv make sure you sell it if have no closed caption you must have free show no charge. You must full refundable the amount who present now with from now. The LAW had required with your Closed caption to show tv on internet tv. The government order you must have actual issue soluation like who people complaint not fair with hearing people watch movie enjoy without subtitles or closed caption recall as VUDU and Netflix failed bad response with people no rescept issue. I will call you get lawyer asap If you want fixed change to tell people sorry about issue.

Comment

No, I believe the LAW states that closed caption is to be shown on broadcast TV. I don't think there is any law requiring any kind of captioning be shown on streaming video. Additionally, this is not internet TV either.

There is no issue here. If you look at this thread we have stated since way back that Vudu does not support closed captioning and this issue is stated in the FAQ. Search for "caption" and you get the following:

http://supports.vudu.com/questions/1...e+subtitles%3F

So if you choose to purchase a product that does not meet your requirements and yet the limitations of the product have been disclosed fully, then it is YOUR responsibility not the maker of the product. Vudu has never claimed that they support captioning and this fact has been disclosed numerous times. If you bought the wrong product without researching it, shame on you. It's not a legal issue, sir.

That's like me buying a Smart Car and expecting I can go off-roading with it in the mountains. The car gets stuck and I get stranded and I say I'm going to call a lawyer because the car doesn't work.

Comment

wow, an obvious language AND reality barrier all in one poster! That's kinda cool!

P.s. I'm fat and vudu is not sugar-free so I'm going to get my diabetic friends and we're going to create a class-action lawsuit against Vudu. Thanks for the tip!!

Comment

i agree with you

Comment

If this company doesn't know about deaf people... They must setting up that your company must support deaf people. Deaf people will buy you mean you have good programs movie and a lot. I don't care who people can't I have aright that I am deaf must have closed captains. Law court say must have deaf have closed captains period. If you don't update to fix this. Your will lost economic.
                        If you want good business then do it. that ain't hard. Hearing have hard to understand what deaf people say and have right for doing this post. show and respect Deaf people. I don.t care about broadcasts tv have right subtitles. all must subtitle. if hearing want see that then turn off cc simple. you have learn act 4 year old hating subtitle. grown up! so i have the right so thanks you i love vudu look seem best i rate you 5 stars so you better fix subtitles. thanks you for support ps3 and everything.

subtitles will never end!.

Doug Adams

Comment

The area at the bottom of the screen, when watching a movie, containing the movie progress bar, the play'pause selector, and the volume control has at the far right certain other options menus, such as closed captioning (yes or now) as well as others. My problem is that this entire bar or area has shifted to the tight so far that all of the pop-up menus on the right end are totally inaccessible.This is true for any and all movies that I select. This started a few days ago and I have no idea how to fix it. Can anyone tell me how to shift this "options bar" back to its proper position. Nothing I have tried, so far has worked, obviously. I might add that it is independent of the browser used to access VUDU. I tried to attach a screnshot but it was not allowed.

Comment

Working...
                          X