Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

What Streaming player do you recomend and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Streaming player do you recomend and why?

I like Roku, but it requires a credit card to use and no way to regulate credit card use and no youtube app.
    Netgear is great, but a tad slow and the remote's buttons are to spongy.

Others I have not tried;
    WD TV
    RCA Streaming box
    D-Link Movienite

Re: What Streaming player do you recomend and why?

Originally posted by Lunchbox View Post
    I like Roku, but it requires a credit card to use and no way to regulate credit card use and no youtube app.

Others I have not tried;
    WD TV
    RCA Streaming box
    D-Link Movienite
    I have used blu-ray players (Panasonic & Oppo) as well as WD TV Play but have had the most luck with Roku 3 as I can watch long movies (such as the Lord of the Ring movies) with no buffering during the whole movie.

Comment

Others I have not tried;
      WD TV
      RCA Streaming box
      D-Link Movienite
      Credit card use on Roku is controllable both on the Vudu app and within the Roku store with PIN required for purchase. If setup.

Comment

You can also use a refillable visa gift card instead of a normal credit card. I highly recommend the Roku, because it has the best interface, and the number of channels is the best, and because of the special features, like the headphone jack on the remote, or the great search feature, which lets you find movies or shows across channels.

Comment

I have heard you can call their customer support to complete setup manually without a CC, but I haven't tried it so I can't confirm...

Or you can get a base model PS3 for $199 now, which is only 2x a Roku 3. Not as many apps but the ones it has are blazing fast (plus it supports 3D, downloads, plays Blu-Rays, and of course games Only disadvantage I can think of vs VUDU is it takes longer to start up. Oh, and it's harder to use with a universal remote since it uses Bluetooth (you need to use a controller, get the PS3 remote, or a remote w/ BT adaptor like the Harmony).

Comment

To view VUDU on my HDTV, I have both an Xbox 360 and a 3D Sony Blu-ray player (BDP-S590) and the Blu-ray player is such a much better tool for streaming than the Xbox. VUDU loads instantly, I hardly ever have buffering issues with HDX (I do have the occasional buffering issue on the Xbox inexplicably, even though I have Comcast high-speed internet), it plays the 3D movies on VUDU, and the interface is much cleaner and nicer than the Xbox's. Also, it's easy to just use the Blu-ray's remote control functions with VUDU movies (compared to the Xbox controller).

So do yourself a favor and go the Sony 3D Blu-ray player route--you can't ask for a better VUDU interface.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
              Credit card use on Roku is controllable both on the Vudu app and within the Roku store with PIN required for purchase. If setup.
              Ahhh I didn't realize or forgot. I took it back not long after I found it said I had to have a CC and set up an account.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff*H View Post
                To view VUDU on my HDTV, I have both an Xbox 360 and a 3D Sony Blu-ray player (BDP-S590) and the Blu-ray player is such a much better tool for streaming than the Xbox. VUDU loads instantly, I hardly ever have buffering issues with HDX (I do have the occasional buffering issue on the Xbox inexplicably, even though I have Comcast high-speed internet), it plays the 3D movies on VUDU, and the interface is much cleaner and nicer than the Xbox's. Also, it's easy to just use the Blu-ray's remote control functions with VUDU movies (compared to the Xbox controller).

So do yourself a favor and go the Sony 3D Blu-ray player route--you can't ask for a better VUDU interface.
                I tried out a Samsung 3d blu ray player and I agree its works much better than most.

Has anyone had good experiences with the vudu app on xbox one? I'm trying to look at all options.

Thanks everybody!

Comment

I use the Xbox Vudu app, works great however the main issue is you have to subscribe to Xbox live to use any of the video streaming services. Xbox live runs around $59 a year per Xbox unit so it can add up fast. Microsoft used to offer a family pack for an additional $30 which allowed up to five Xbox units but, they dropped the family pack and converted all family accounts to individual Xbox live accounts. So after the year is over I'll probably look at purchasing Roku units.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracer View Post
                    I use the Xbox Vudu app, works great however the main issue is you have to subscribe to Xbox live to use any of the video streaming services. Xbox live runs around $59 a year per Xbox unit so it can add up fast. Microsoft used to offer a family pack for an additional $30 which allowed up to five Xbox units but, they dropped the family pack and converted all family accounts to individual Xbox live accounts. So after the year is over I'll probably look at purchasing Roku units.
                    PS3 requires no such payed subscription and plays blurays, too! It will also let you watch properly formated networked content, but probably not with the ease of a PLEX channel on roku (which I know nothing about).

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
                      PS3 requires no such payed subscription and plays blurays, too! It will also let you watch properly formated networked content, but probably not with the ease of a PLEX channel on roku (which I know nothing about).
                      Good info. Since PS4 and Xbox1 both have blu-ray that's not much a factor. Free online is better though I'm a Halo fan, so that's a system deciding factor to me.

The xbox 360 app is good, but the vudu app on neotv and Samsung blu-ray is better. Not sure why the xbox app does now show more video choices on the screen like the other devices.

I wish the thumbnails for videos were square or smaller, so you could see more at once on the screen. Or maybe have an option to change the view from thumbnail to just title with the release year and the CARA; like a list.

Comment

My current setups

Main TV uses a Sony 3D Blu-ray player WIFI no buffering issues in HDX even watching LOTR EE copies
                        2nd TV uses an LG 3D Blu-ray player no streaming issues in HDX even watching LOTR EE copies
                        also have 2 bedroom TVs using RCA streaming player http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Wi-Fi-...layer/17693168 Walmart had them on sale for $15 each one day. no buffering issues in HDX even watching LOTR EE copies. Very limited device though streaming video services are Hulu+, Netflix, & Vudu but its the only thing hooked to those TVs.

I also have a Roku 2 HD do not use it for Vudu, because when I initially setup Vudu on it the thing did not recognize my entire library I believe because of some video/audio codec issues that I never paid attention if it ever got fixed.
                        But it does work great for all the other channels I have setup on it.

Comment

Samsung blu-ray player seems to work good enough for me. As does my ubuntu desktop and ps3. Very glad that the ps4 will do the same.

I never understood why anyone would pay double?! I mean that is basically what you're doing with a xbox. You must pay microsoft to use it to stream video content (netflix for example), on top of the providers subscription fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluray View Post
                            Samsung blu-ray player seems to work good enough for me. As does my ubuntu desktop and ps3. Very glad that the ps4 will do the same.

I never understood why anyone would pay double?! I mean that is basically what you're doing with a xbox. You must pay microsoft to use it to stream video content (netflix for example), on top of the providers subscription fee.
                            Pretty sure PS4 is requiring a subscription, similar to the MS Live Gold, to use online content (at least for games). PS3 is still free!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
                              Pretty sure PS4 is requiring a subscription, similar to the MS Live Gold, to use online content (at least for games). PS3 is still free!
                              Streaming apps do not require a PS+ subscription for PS4. I think it's just for online multiplayer games and saves.

Comment

Working...
                              X