Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

New feature request / Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New feature request / Wishlist

I'd like to start a New feature request / Wishlist thread.

Here's mine.

Add custom and % available bandwidth setting.

This will provide customers with a higher download bandwidth limit (10mb, 20mb, 30mb, etc.) the ability to set the Vudu box download limit above the current 4mb.

Example: (if my download speed is 20mb)
    I'd set my Custom setting for 15mb limit or set percentage for 85% of available bandwidth.

This will enable us to download HDX movies faster.

Re: New feature request / Wishlist

HDX is sweet - of course Hodge is already pushing for HDXX!

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
      HDX is sweet - of course Hodge is already pushing for HDXX!
      Don't forget in the After Dark section, I'm also requesting HDXXX!!!

Comment

Thanks guy,and nice to meet you ,good luck to you,all the best!

Comment

USB add on drives = more storage for purchasing HDX movies

Comment

Add access to Hulu.com and Sling.com in Vudu Labs.

Comment

Originally posted by techm8n View Post
              Add access to Hulu.com and Sling.com in Vudu Labs.
              That would be so sweet. In fact, I'd love to see SlingPlayer built right in - Then my VUDU gives me live TV & DVR, net video, and VOD all in one.

Comment

I still like to see to the ability to sort my own movies in MyMovies, and MyWishlist. It would definately make things easier.

Comment

Originally posted by techm8n View Post
                  I'd like to start a New feature request / Wishlist thread.

Here's mine.

Add custom and % available bandwidth setting.

This will provide customers with a higher download bandwidth limit (10mb, 20mb, 30mb, etc.) the ability to set the Vudu box download limit above the current 4mb.

Example: (if my download speed is 20mb)
                  I'd set my Custom setting for 15mb limit or set percentage for 85% of available bandwidth.

This will enable us to download HDX movies faster.
                  I absolutely want this feature as well. I have a load balancing router my brother setup and why not take advantage of 80 megs upload after all do realize the advantage to Voodoo. I wonder if the Hard drive they use is Server Grade though? I may smoke my Voodoo and give it a very early death unfortunately . Otherwise there is no downside.

Comment

Hulu.com access for sure
                    LIVE streaming PPV events (such as UFC/Boxing)
                    Anime cartoons (not for me...)

Comment

Originally posted by rstone View Post
                      I still like to see to the ability to sort my own movies in MyMovies, and MyWishlist. It would definately make things easier.
                      I would like the ability to sort rstone's movies in HisMovies and HisWishlist.

Comment

-Customizable 'favorite actors' list. They've got something similar on a lot of digital music download sites (for artists & labels).

-Some way to expand the description bar when it cuts off the name of a character, under the actor's name ("Christian Bale: Bruce Wayne /...")

-Option to rate movies watched at any time, from the box--not just right after finishing the movie.

-Aspect Ratio listed in description

-Video test pattern

-'Last updated' date listed under 'system info'

-easily-enabled 'lock' function to prevent accidentally watching or purchasing/renting a movie [dropping the remote, falling asleep & rolling onto it, pets, etc.)

-discounted purchase of movies still in the 'extended rental' period

-ability to manually delete movies from 'my rentals' (either before or after watching

-archival of [more? don't know if any allow it] movies

-external storage, of course (current archival option would be fine if this was finished)

-gift cards, electronic or physical, available on website & in stores, respectively

Comment

Originally posted by inconspicuous View Post
                          -Customizable 'favorite actors' list. They've got something similar on a lot of digital music download sites (for artists & labels).

-Some way to expand the description bar when it cuts off the name of a character, under the actor's name ("Christian Bale: Bruce Wayne /...")

-Video test pattern

-discounted purchase of movies still in the 'extended rental' period

-ability to manually delete movies from 'my rentals' (either before or after watching

-external storage, of course (current archival option would be fine if this was finished)

-gift cards, electronic or physical, available on website & in stores, respectively
                          Agree 100%...I've specifically mentioned in the past the ability to buy Vudu Bucks (movie credits) for someone else, and the ability to delete rentals.

-Option to rate movies watched at any time, from the box--not just right after finishing the movie.

-archival of [more? don't know if any allow it] movies

-easily-enabled 'lock' function to prevent accidentally watching or purchasing/renting a movie [dropping the remote, falling asleep & rolling onto it, pets, etc.)
                          You can rate movies if you have the latest software, just hold down "More" for a couple of seconds.

Some movies do allow archiving, but it's up to the licensor whether Vudu is allowed to offer it. Sucks, but not something Vudu can control.

I use the parental controls because I am a parent, but it has also saved me from accidentally making purchases when it turned out that both Vudus in my house were on the same frequency. Have you tried turning on the parental controls for purchases for all ratings?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                            You can rate movies if you have the latest software, just hold down "More" for a couple of seconds.

I use the parental controls because I am a parent, but it has also saved me from accidentally making purchases when it turned out that both Vudus in my house were on the same frequency. Have you tried turning on the parental controls for purchases for all ratings?
                            Didn't know that. Good deal.

I've got them enabled to prevent me from deleting stuff, but not buying. I guess that would work.

Comment

I've got them enabled to prevent me from deleting stuff, but not buying. I guess that would work.
                              A funny story from the early days of Vudu and an example of responsiveness to customer requests:

If you look at the confirmation screen when purchasing or renting, "Cancel", is selected by default. You have to move the scroll wheel and click the "Rent" or "purchase" button in order to complete the transaction. It was not always this way. The top item used to be the confirmation of the transaction and you'd have to scroll to cancel.

One user had his chihuahua get hold of the remote and start to play with it and chew on it. He ended up renting a number of movies he'd not planned on! He made the point in the forums and this was rapidly changed to what you see now.

On top of that his dog, Chico, got a selection of movies at one point in the "Explore Vudu" section called "Chico's Choosing!" We all had a pretty good chuckle at that one..

Comment

Working...
                              X