Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Multiple Vudus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Vudus...

I am thinking about getting a Vudu with the special pricing they have right now. Told my wife about it and she said why don't we get 2 of them one for the living room and one for the bedroom. My question is if you have two Vudu units, are they each a separate account? Or can you have multiple units on one account?

Re: Multiple Vudus...

Hey, Corgi! You can have multiple boxes on one account, but media licenses are by the box, not by the account, so if you rent it in the living room, you will need to watch it there or pay to rent it again. It's still nice to be able to rent and watch on either of our TVs, though.

Comment

Hi Max, nice to see some familiar users from the ReplayTV forums. :-) I still have my RTVs but in the past year we have slowly made the switch to HDTVs throughout the house and, of course, SD quality is not as appealing as HD when you are watching on a big LCD TV.

I was showing my wife the Vudu website and the demo. She was liking what she saw. Off the top of her head she thought of a few movies she would like to see and asked if they were available. We tried searching and none she thought of came up. She wanted:

the new X-Files movie
      Titanic
      Gone with the Wind
      Christmas Vacation

We scanned through the movies and definitely saw lots that would not hold any interest for either of us. So now she is not sure that having Vudu would be all that useful for us. I imagine they are filling in their library as time goes on.

Max, what did you mean by: "It's still nice to be able to rent and watch on either of our TVs, though."? If I understand correctly, the rental is tied directly to the particular Vudu unit itself. I guess you could move the unit between TVs if you wanted to.

Comment

Fyi:

http://www.vudu.com/movies/Title/Nat...Vacation/1989/

http://www.vudu.com/movies/Title/The...-Unrated/2008/

Comment

Thanks for the links Patrick. That helps with the decision. I assume the search process is easier for those that are owners. We were just using the drop down list of A-Z for the titles.

Comment

Corgi, I'm telling you in no uncertain terms - Vudu meets and exceeds the standards of a ReplayTV fan. You will love it.

Comment

Hey Corgi, welcome! Yeah, Vudu's becoming the playground for ReplayTV misfits. Some of us have even broken down and bought TivoHDs. I gotta respect Ed though - he hasn't AFAIK.

But you'll LOVE the Vudu. The number of titles has gotten huge and it's growing all the time. Movies do come in and out of rotation but in general there's always something to watch.

We hope that room to room streaming becomes a reality in the next 12 months. Not sure if Vudu can get the licensing worked out but I don't know why. Heck, I'm doing it now with my Slingbox and SlingCatcher so why not just make it official! :-)

You won't be disappointed - I can tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                Hey Corgi, welcome! Yeah, Vudu's becoming the playground for ReplayTV misfits. Some of us have even broken down and bought TivoHDs. I gotta respect Ed though - he hasn't AFAIK.
                Brain is still waiting for the absolute best deal on an Intel 386 computer.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadHodge View Post
                  Man! You are just in rare form these days aren't you! I hope you ordered some of that yummy cheese for yourself cause you need some!

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
                    Corgi, I'm telling you in no uncertain terms - Vudu meets and exceeds the standards of a ReplayTV fan. You will love it.
                    I definitely agree with Nded. I owned a couple of ReplayTVs up until last year when I bought a TivoHD for it's HD recording. While the TivoHD is an awesome machine it doesn't get any better than Vudu for movie rentals. Vudu has curbed my Blu-ray purchasing and renting. When you try HDX or even on demand HD you will use BB and Netflix laess and less.

Comment

Originally posted by kikar View Post
                      I definitely agree with Nded. I owned a couple of ReplayTVs up until last year when I bought a TivoHD for it's HD recording.
                      Copycat!

I didn't realize you were a Replay Misfit as well...

No wonder Poopli is all but dead these days...

Comment

Originally posted by HeadHodge View Post
                        I have nothing but fond memories of the days of the 386 computer. When I left IBM in 1992 to pursue this entrepreneur gig the 386 install base was huge and I knew a ton of customers that owned mountains of 386 PS2's. One of the first packages we put together in my new company was our "442 upgrade kit". We would upgrade their existing 386 to a 486 using one of these Cyrix pin compatible replacement CPU's

Then we'd put in 4MB of RAM (had to toss out the factory 1MB RAM), and last but not not least, we'd "double" their hard drive by enabling the DriveSpace or DoubleSpace compression software that came with their DOS system.

4 = 486
                        4 = 4MB RAM
                        2 = Double your Hard Drive space

I can't remember exactly what we charged back then, but it had to be in the $400 to $500 price range for this upgrade, and we sold a ton of them! We could have papered the walls of our offices with all the 386 chips we pulled out of those IBM motherboards.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                          Copycat!

I didn't realize you were a Replay Misfit as well...

No wonder Poopli is all but dead these days...
                          I just wanted to be a DVR rebel and not use Tivo

I bought Tivo first but returned when I saw RTV in action. I loved my RTVs, being able to watch shows in any room, and on one of my boxes automatic commercial skip. I had lifetime service on both boxes and I loved it. When one of mine died They sent me a new one and transfered lifetime service to that one. To me RTV was much better than Tivo. Tivo has stepped it up though lately.

Comment

But back to the OP. You can't go wrong with Vudu. After using every service, I can tell you that in my opinion Vudu is by far the best. The ease of use, conevenience and quality are the best you will find anywhere. Plus the box/service keeps getting better and better. If Vudu keeps doing what they are doing this will be even better six months from now.

Comment

Originally posted by corgi1 View Post
                              Max, what did you mean by: "It's still nice to be able to rent and watch on either of our TVs, though."? If I understand correctly, the rental is tied directly to the particular Vudu unit itself. I guess you could move the unit between TVs if you wanted to.
                              Yeah, I just meant I could rent a specific movie either on the bedroom or the main home theater units, even though the rental is then tied to that unit. It's still nice having two Vudus in that I can still rent-and-then-watch on either unit.

As for the selection, it's not a replacement for running down to Blockbuster every new release day (Tues.?) and renting movies when they first come out, but if you dig around you'll find a lot of good movies and other content. Unfortunately, a lot of movies disappear for a while (see the blackout period thread), but they'll be back eventually, and until then, there's always something good to watch. I'll admit, it's more like channel surfing than DVR viewing sometimes, but at least there are no commercials!

Comment

Working...
                              X