Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu versus Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vudu versus Amazon

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
    Just to be clear...you do NOT get ANYTHING for free. Amazon Prime now costs $99 per year, that is hardly "free". That is the cost of about 18 or 19 movies (of your choice) on Vudu. Are you saying that you watch ONLY the Amazon Prime Unlimited Videos? If so, how is that working out for you? I do not like someone else picking my content for me. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the television shows they have available for unlimited streaming and sometimes they do have a good movie title available. But if you end up not enjoying the movies they select then you might be better off just renting from Vudu instead. Also, if you ever buy movies that are UV titles, Amazon is not a UV retailer while Vudu is.

For the same reason you say you do NOT buy movies from Vudu, I do buy some from Vudu so I can watch on different devices (if I want to). Mostly I buy UV titles so my movies are backed up in my digital locker and available from any UV retailer. But we do have a few Disney and MGM titles that we can only watch on Vudu. I have found that Vudu is available on more devices than Amazon Prime, but Amazon is catching up (if they haven't already).
    Oh I'm fully aware of the cost of prime but I have it for the free 2 day shipping so I might as well enjoy the other benifits. As for your other point, that's exactly why I DO buy movies from vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by hayley3 View Post
      Does anyone know the benefit of even using Vudu over Amazon?

I went to select my 5 free movies and there is not anything I would even care for. Never even heard of the actors so they all must be bombs. I mean if you are trying to entice me to stay at Vudu, that was a grand fail. So then I type in a current movie I'm interested in, and it's priced to sell at $5 over the price at Walmart.

So what's the benefit?
      A lot of SD movies come with a free digital copy that can be redeemed on vudu/ultra violet free of charge there is not normally an option to redeem movies on amazon.com. For me that was the clencher to keep all of my digital movies on one site so I don't have to jump back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Amdillow View Post
        A lot of SD movies come with a free digital copy that can be redeemed on vudu/ultra violet free of charge there is not normally an option to redeem movies on amazon.com. For me that was the clencher to keep all of my digital movies on one site so I don't have to jump back and forth.
        A lot of studios used to offer Amazon options, but AFAIK only Disney still offers that now. OTOH all the studios now offer Vudu options, and that's likely to expand (Instawatch, Vudu apparently about to join DMA, MGM creeping into UV, etc.)

Comment

I went to select my 5 free movies and there is not anything I would even care for. Never even heard of the actors so they all must be bombs.

Lets look at the free movies Vudu offers in it's 'Five free' deal.

Rango. There's Something About Mary. Ghost. Bean. The Italian Job. Psycho. Safe. (among others).

You've never heard of actors like Johnny Depp, Ben Stiller, Cameron Diaz, Demi Moore, Patrick Swayze, Rowan Atkinson, Mark Wahlberg, Edward Norton, Seth Green, Jason Staham, Vince Vaughn, etc.

Yeah, you're right. What a bunch of nobodies. Where are the big name stars like Yahoo Serious and Carrottop?

Comment

I think the most important difference is that Vudu was built from the ground up for a single purpose. That being the delivery of high quality media via OTT ubiquitous broadband. That single focus has all kinds of benefits in respect to quality control and intuitive user interfaces.

The AIV service is sort of like getting a computer from Sears Roebuck. Yeah, it may work, but is that really the place you want to buy a computer when in the same store you can also buy rubber galoshes?

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
              Just to be clear...you do NOT get ANYTHING for free. Amazon Prime now costs $99 per year, that is hardly "free". That is the cost of about 18 or 19 movies (of your choice) on Vudu. Are you saying that you watch ONLY the Amazon Prime Unlimited Videos? If so, how is that working out for you? I do not like someone else picking my content for me.

"Are you saying that you watch ONLY the Amazon Prime Unlimited Videos? If so, how is that working out for you?"
              I don't understand that reasoning at all. Every single movie you watch on Vudu you have to rent or buy. Amazon Prime has a ton of movies and TV shows I can watch for just the annual fee. I would say we watch about 10-12 Amazon movies a month on Prime. That's about 120 a year. That's under a buck a movie..so how is that a bad deal? Not to mention I get free shipping and free music now, too. Renting on both of them, something I rarely do, seems about the same.

Comment

I went to select my 5 free movies and there is not anything I would even care for. Never even heard of the actors so they all must be bombs. I mean if you are trying to entice me to stay at Vudu, that was a grand fail. So then I type in a current movie I'm interested in, and it's priced to sell at $5 over the price at Walmart.

So what's the benefit?

Never ceases to amaze me that people complain about FREE stuff. You're not paying to join. No obligations. No contracts. Just free! Go pay $5 at Walmart for the same movie Vudu is giving you for free....that makes a lot of sense.

"Never heard of any of the actors" Really? Are you just trolling or what?

Comment

Originally posted by stryperrocks67 View Post
                  Never ceases to amaze me that people complain about FREE stuff. You're not paying to join. No obligations. No contracts. Just free! Go pay $5 at Walmart for the same movie Vudu is giving you for free....that makes a lot of sense.
                  You got it wrong. She's saying the movie costs $5 more at Vudu than Walmart, which is consistent with my experience outside of Vudu sale offers (i.e., $5 SD/$7.88 HDX).

Comment

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
                    You got it wrong. She's saying the movie costs $5 more at Vudu than Walmart, which is consistent with my experience outside of Vudu sale offers (i.e., $5 SD/$7.88 HDX).
                    I stand corrected, I missed the word "over". That's what I get for reading on a cell phone..lol

I just get really tired of people complaining about the 5 free movies. You see it in a lot of other forums, also.

There are a lot of issus with UV, and I have complained about different things here before, but to complain about a free gift never made any sense to me.

Especially ridiculous comments about no name actors and all the movies must have been bombs.

Comment

So what's the benefit?
                      Now with insta-watch, you can buy it at Wal-Mart @ the sub-$5 cost and watch it on Vudu after scanning your receipt bar code on your cell phone.

This feature came out after the initial thread question.

Comment

[QUOTE=MattO;1267203]The big advantage, from my perspective, is Disc-to-Digital. For a reasonable fee, I can convert my DVDs and Blu-Rays to a version I can stream or put on my tablet to watch there. Amazon just doesn't have anything like that.[/Q]

I agree. The disk to digital allows me to steam for $1 per movie if I do 10 or more at a time. VDUD has a drawback because it simply does not work with the KINDLE.

Comment

Working...
                        X