Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Phantom load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phantom load?

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
    You haven't been reading the news then have you? There's were some significant seismic events occurring in Yellowstone last month and many scientists were concerned that an eruption could happen any time....
    Old Faithful has lately been constipated too.

Comment

Originally posted by redwein View Post
      Can you point out where you can find this info? I hadn't heard it.
      Gee, do a search on "Record Sea Ice Growth" and you get all kinds of stuff:

From http://www.climateaudit.org/?p=3066
      On a global basis, world sea ice in April 2008 reached levels that were "unprecedented" for the month of April in over 25 years. Levels are the third highest (for April) since the commencement of records in 1979, exceeded only by levels in 1979 and 1982. This continues a pattern established earlier in 2008, as global sea ice in March 2008 was also the third highest March on record, while January 2008 sea ice was the second highest January on record. It was also the second highest single month in the past 20 years (second only to Sept 1996).
      And from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,476504,00.html

Ice, Ice Baby!

Despite dire warnings from global warming alarmists, Daily Tech Online reports global sea ice levels are now equivalent to those seen 29 years ago. Satellite data from the University of Illinois' Arctic Climate Research Center indicates the rate of global sea-ice increase in the last four months of the year was the fastest rate of change on record.

Meanwhile, former nuclear scientist and energy expert Michael Fox writes in the Hawaii Reporter that 2008 was "another grim year for the global warmers."

"2008 marked the tenth consecutive year of no global warming... the earth has been cooling for the last six years

Comment

Did you just quote fox news as a credible source?

I'm going to walk away from this thread now as it has the makings of a car crash waiting to happen!

All I'll say is this: Weather is a snapshot, climate is a long term trend. Take from that what you will.

Comment

Feel free to continue to talk about the power usage of VUDU. Nudge.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
            Feel free to continue to talk about the power usage of VUDU. Nudge.
            I would like to get movie credits to offset the power consumption "I" have to pay for just to use VUDU!!!

Comment

HeadHodge, Just think of the petrol you save not driving back and forth to Blockbuster Video.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Erased View Post
                HeadHodge, Just think of the petrol you save not driving back and forth to Blockbuster Video.
                I didn't think of that.

Using Gores goofy Carbon Credit Scheme, I think I should be able to turn in my Carbon Credits for even more VUDU movie credits.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Erased View Post
                  Did you just quote fox news as a credible source?

I'm going to walk away from this thread now as it has the makings of a car crash waiting to happen!

All I'll say is this: Weather is a snapshot, climate is a long term trend. Take from that what you will.
                  Well, Fox quoted Daily Tech. Here's the Daily Tech link: http://www.dailytech.com/Sea+Ice+End...ticle13834.htm

I also direct you to information on the Medieval Warm Period when global temperatures rose once before but Vudu, Plasma TVs, fossil fuel burning vehicles, etc. did not exist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period

Bottom line is that using your Vudu ain't going to end humanity as we know it. In fact, you will conserve gas by not driving to the video store!

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                    You haven't been reading the news then have you? There's were some significant seismic events occurring in Yellowstone last month and many scientists were concerned that an eruption could happen any time....
                    Yes I have been reading about it, and from what I've read the odds are extremely low of anything happening. The seismic events they've had are not different from other events they've had several times before.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwt View Post
                      Yes I have been reading about it, and from what I've read the odds are extremely low of anything happening. The seismic events they've had are not different from other events they've had several times before.
                      OK. Then perhaps it's just the news media doing their normal sensationalistic hype...

Comment

So I called the customer service and asked why it wasn't on there yet. His response was that they have to wait to get the rights for it from the studio to put it on their. When I asked then why sell it if you don't have the right's already all he kept doing was rewording his response about the rights to the episode. I was told that it could take up to 24-48 hours and if it's not on there then they will " esculate it. I said so then that will take even longer. I was told yes and that was all they could do. I said then maybe you shouldn't well something that you don't have the rights too yet and all he did was repeat the same thing and tried rewording it again.

Comment

Working...
                        X