Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Disney/Touchstone Movies downgrading to SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarsenNET View Post
    NJScorpio, of the 21 that downgraded for me around 8 or so downgraded at Amazon the rest don't even show that I own at Amazon so it may just take time for your account to get "updated". This is most certainly an MA issue.
    Hmmm...I'll keep an eye on my accounts and post an update if anything changes. I wish we could just see what resolution we had licensee for directly on the MA site.

Comment

I had only one title downgraded, Marvels The Avengers. Is this issue being worked on or do we need to call and correct and if so who do you call?

Comment

Originally posted by JedWare View Post
        I had only one title downgraded, Marvels The Avengers. Is this issue being worked on or do we need to call and correct and if so who do you call?
        MA chat told me and others the issue lies with them, and they are working on it. Chat said to give it a week, and if our HD titles didn't return to HD to contact them again. It seems as though (by their words), they will be restoring the titles to HD.

Comment

Grrr... I'm seeing this on my account too. Please fix this, VUDU.

Comment

This is the result of a change made by MA yesterday. More details will be available shortly.

Comment

I had 6 movies get downgraded to SD and 5 of them aren't Disney Movies. One is Disney (Thor) and the other 5 are Warner Bros. (3 Lord of the Ring films, 2 Mortal Kombat films).

Comment

Okay...I see two things happening to my library...which I verified by playback within the MA app...

First, any Standard Def codes that were redeemed in MA, that then appeared as HD everywhere, is reverting back to SD.

Second, any Disney Movies where I redeemed only the Google or iTunes portion of the code, is reverting to SD. Just after this merge I realized I never redeemed my Wrek-It Ralph. I tried the DMA code on Movies Anywhere and got an error. I tried (for my first time) redeeming it through iTunes because, hey, Movies Anywhere right? It redeemed then as HD, but is now SD.

So the first part, I'm not happy about but I see why that is happening.

The second part is something like Disney comparing it to see if you also have the DMA redeem in your locker, and if you don't, you get only the SD version.

It's impacting any Disney movies I have that I redeemed through Google or iTunes, but not ones bought through Amazon or Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by NJScorpio View Post

It's impacting any Disney movies I have that I redeemed through Google or iTunes, but not ones bought through Amazon or Vudu.
                  Same here. It only impacts the Disney titles I redeemed through iTunes (I don't use Google).

Comment

Originally posted by JayJB View Post

Same here. It only impacts the Disney titles I redeemed through iTunes (I don't use Google).
                    I have 2 touchstone(Disney) 2 Fox titles and one dreamworks title all redeemed directly at Itunes several years ago that downgraded

Comment

Public enemies and district 9 downgraded

Comment

These are the movies that downgraded for me:

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
                        The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
                        Lincoln
                        Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
                        Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
                        The Wolverine (Theatrical Version)

All of them ported from iTunes and were originally SD except Prince Caspian, which came from an old Disney Rewards Code.

Comment

So, i just audited my account and found that the following Disney titles were downgraded to SD. There may be more, but these are what i could determine.

A Christmas Carol
                          Alice in Wonderland
                          Bolt
                          Brave
                          Captain America: The First Avenger
                          Cars 2
                          G-Force
                          Hannah Montana: The Movie
                          Iron Man 3
                          John Carter
                          Mary Poppins
                          My Stepmother Is an Alien
                          Oz the Great and Powerful
                          Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
                          Race to Witch Mountain
                          Robin Hood
                          Secret of the Wings
                          The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
                          The Nightmare Before Christmas
                          Toy Story 3
                          Tron: Legacy
                          Wreck-It Ralph

This is ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                            This is the result of a change made by MA yesterday. More details will be available shortly.
                            Felipe - did I miss the details being posted about this issue? Any update?

Comment

This is why I still buy blu-rays that come with codes for all of my movies. It's ridiculous that you have to keep such a tight eye on your collection.

Here's what I don't understand....

If the issue is due to MA making a change, WHY does it affect titles already imported into Vudu?

Once it is imported into Vudu, that copy of the movie is controlled by Vudu, correct?

Once you buy or redeem a movie from another source and it imports into Vudu, it doesn't matter matter what happens to the original source.

Examples...
                              You delete a movie from myuv.com...it stays in Vudu
                              UV movies redeemed with Flixster, Cinema Now, and TargetTicket are still in Vudu even though those companies disappeared.
                              You delete a movie from iTunes and it will still be in Vudu (if it imported thru MA)
                              You delete a Vudu movie and it still exists in MA, right?

So why would MA making a change affect Vudu movies you already own? Wouldn't it just affect what MA has?

What am I missing?

Comment

Exactly! I too don't understand how VUDU shows I own the HDX copy of these movies in my "Balance & History" from when they first ported over, and now due to this recent meddling from MA, I also have a new purchase date for SD...

Okay... so why then is the SD overriding the HDX when it shows I own both in my purchase history?

I'm baffled how an SD can replace an HDX copy.

Especially because of the TOS clearly stating in their disconnect warning that "if you disconnect from MA, your movies will remain in VUDU but you will no longer receive any new movies you redeem through the service". So why can that other service continue to alter what we have in our VUDU accounts? If they show up as HDX once, they should permanently stay that way unless we receive an upgrade to UHD! Never a downgrade. You give, you don't take away. That's the fastest way to **** off your consumers and your service folds up. MA had a rough launch, but this just keeps making things worse.

And it's not even the first time this has happened this year!

Same thing happened to the same DMA movies earlier this Summer.. except this time, it's not just Disney movies that were affected. It's almost every XML code you've ever redeemed on iTunes.

I had 20 movies from way back in the day stuck on iTunes, before I abandoned that digital format and stopped redeeming codes, that ported over to VUDU when MA went live. They all ported over as HDX and even iTunes upgraded them to HD (which they still are there). Due to whatever meddling Movies Anywhere did on their end, all those titles are now SD in VUDU, along with the old Paramount Marvel movies that were affected earlier in the year (they don't show up at the top when you sort your library by purchase date, they are moved to the previous time they glitched out, so back in June. Some of you might have more HD titles affected than you realized).

This is why physical media will never go away because consumers don't have to worry about their Blu-rays suddenly downgrading to 480p. Or a digital service changing their TOS on the fly and altering what we already have in our collection. I'm the only one amongst my family and friends who supports digital media. They all give me their digital codes when they buy movies, which is great for me, but not really reassuring to them to support digital media when they see the constant troubles I have to deal with from my online library.

I'm absolutely annoyed this continues to happen. This better be a simple glitch like before and our movies are going to revert back to the previous state. A simple tweet from MA's customer care or a public acknowledgment, something, but this continual being left in the dark business just makes matters worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X