Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Confused about relation of Ultraviolet and services like Vudu and Flixster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confused about relation of Ultraviolet and services like Vudu and Flixster

Oh..and Space Jam is in my library too...

I got it as one of my freebies for signing up

Comment

Sorry, let me clarify.

When I said Expired, i really meant "Out of Date". You have the old ALID for Space Jam, and until Flixster updates you to the new ALID, you will not be able to import it to your VUDU account.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbcondor View Post
        Daniel this would be everyone not just me. I believe Space Jam has been one of those movies that a bunch of us have that never ever got over to Vudu. It's on my Flixster site but nowhere on Vudu. Oh and Flixster could care less what Vudu has or doesn't have. I do know that it is a UV title and should be available on all UV providers but this movie and a handful of others haven't shown up on Vudu. Collateral with Tom Cruise is another title.
        This is very much an individual thing. It goes back to where and when the person redeemed the film. If you contact Flixster support and ask them to update your ALID, they will do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
          Sorry, let me clarify.

When I said Expired, i really meant "Out of Date". You have the old ALID for Space Jam, and until Flixster updates you to the new ALID, you will not be able to import it to your VUDU account.

Out of date and expired are the same thing DanielH....

Bottom line is, even though we buy a movie, we are still dependent upon someone "updating" it or else we may not be able to play it.

That is disconcerting.

Comment

Originally posted by stryperrocks67 View Post
            Out of date and expired are the same thing DanielH....

Bottom line is, even though we buy a movie, we are still dependent upon someone "updating" it or else we may not be able to play it.

That is disconcerting.
            Not play it, Import and Export it.

As i said, the ALID was updated, so it cannot be transferred until he gets updated to the new one.

Comment

Daniel this is not good news. First I checked with UVVU and Space Jam is in there. On the cover in the lower left it clearly shows the UV badging. So your telling me that movies that are in Ultraviolet and verified as UV can expire and not be playable unless I personally call the service I got the movie thru. I have close to 1300 movies so at any time a movie can expire and then no longer show on my list of movies. I just checked Vudu dot com and put in Space Jam and it says it wants me to buy the title (which I already own) to add to my collection which is already there. So I run the risk of paying money (again) for a title already in my collection because it expired. Are you friggin kidding me. So now Everytime I think of a movie I now have to check in UV to make sure I don't own it already because titles are expiring.

This is messed up. When I place a title and it's listed as UV I don't ever want to have to worry about that movie ever again. Then say a few years later I want to watch it I should be able to click on my Vudu app and pull it up not ponder if it's there or not because it's expired. This is a serious flaw in the system and needs to be addressed. Why are titles I bought the digital rights too expiring?

Comment

Why are titles I bought the digital rights too expiring?
                Seems there are two separate threads.

1) He's given you a way to get it fixed. You can take it or not.

2) Separately, you have a concern with why it was not fixed automatically. I agree it's a reasonable complaint. It seems to me the Retailer where you redeemed the title has the responsibility since they gave your account the broken ID, not every other retailer.

I'm not sure why you're mad at DanielH, since he's trying to help you.

Comment

I'm not mad at Daniel. I'm mad about how something like this can happen and yes he's given me a solution but my issue is I shouldn't have to have this issue or take any effort on my part to have to fix this issue. This issue should've been fixed when UV and providers got together and created this service at a cost. The title is in UV and according to UV if it's in their database then it is available in all video providers (Flixster, CinemaNow, Vudu ....) but now I'm learning this is not the case and I've spent a small fortune on loading 1300 movies. I've learned that titles can and do expire. I've learned that Vudu will ask me to buy a title that is already in my collection.

What was promised to us in how UV and providers sold us this service is once a UV title was loaded it would be available to all linked providers and that they would always be available without expiring. Now Daniel is telling me that some of my titles may have expired and I'm sorry but I don't have time to check 1300 titles on UVVU and verify that they are all in Vudu. I just happened to notice Space Jam whose to say there aren't others that I'm unaware of.

That's what I'm angry about. If it were a propriety title like Disney that was redeemed strictly thru Vudu I would understand that it wouldn't be on Flixster or CinemaNow but as Space Jam is a UV title it should and was sold as being available to all providers.

Comment

I'm not mad at Daniel. I'm mad about how something like this can happen and yes he's given me a solution but my issue is I shouldn't have to have this issue or take any effort on my part to have to fix this issue. This issue should've been fixed when UV and providers got together and created this service at a cost. The title is in UV and according to UV if it's in their database then it is available in all video providers (Flixster, CinemaNow, Vudu ....) but now I'm learning this is not the case and I've spent a small fortune on loading 1300 movies. I've learned that titles can and do expire. I've learned that Vudu will ask me to buy a title that is already in my collection.

What was promised to us in how UV and providers sold us this service is once a UV title was loaded it would be available to all linked providers and that they would always be available without expiring. Now Daniel is telling me that some of my titles may have expired and I'm sorry but I don't have time to check 1300 titles on UVVU and verify that they are all in Vudu. I just happened to notice Space Jam whose to say there aren't others that I'm unaware of.

That's what I'm angry about. If it were a propriety title like Disney that was redeemed strictly thru Vudu I would understand that it wouldn't be on Flixster or CinemaNow but as Space Jam is a UV title it should and was sold as being available to all providers.
                    UV rights do not expire...according to UV we have access to our movies anytime and forever. UV titles should be available to stream from ANY participating UV retailer....again, according to UV. Those are the two promises that brought us into UV and breaking either of these agreements would cause us to abandon UV.

That being said, it appears that our copy of Space Jam is available on other retailers sites.

Comment

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread.

You can fix this, as i said, by contacting the retailer you redeemed the film with.

UV Rights do not expire.

The ALID for Space Jam DID change (Which is what i referred to as Out of Date), this is not a normal thing. It was one of the first UV titles and has been like this since the launch of the UV service.
                      Last edited by DanielH; 10-16-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Daniel which would be nice if I could for the life of me remember which provider I used. As mentioned by somebody in another thread contacting other provider customer services like Flixster is frustrating at best. What I'm wondering is if the the other service changed the ALID why did they not update everyone who had that movie to the new ALID. It appears I'm not alone and now many customers much like me are frustrated that certain titles can not be viewed on all sites as promised.

What's even scarier is knowing that at any time a ALID can be changed to any title and we the customers would never know. What's to stop this from happening again? Listen I could care less about the movie Space Jam it's the principle of the matter that a UV provider changed the ALID of a title did not tell its customers, didn't update it's customers who had that movie and now the customer has to deal with the hassle of fixing this issue with a company that doesn't do that well already with customer service.

I'm sorry but ALID changing, expiring and out of date all do the same thing. Leave us with UV titles that won't play on other providers as promised. That is what is frustrating. I'm not mad at Vudu or you Daniel I'm mad that things like this are happening and without letting us know when they happen.

Comment

mgbcondor, if you are actually interested in getting this fixed, find Space Jam in your UV library at https://www.uvvu.com/en/us/library, it will show you where it was redeemed. Whoever you redeemed the movie with is the one who tells the UV site what license you have, as Daniel has explained, so they would have to update their license to the one authorized by the studio that owns the rights to that movie. If you need to blame someone, blame the studio for basically withdrawing a license and issuing a new one, or whoever you redeemed it with for missing the update. (Although technically that should work, obviously it can be a logistical nightmare.)

Comment

Thanks for the info Max. My concern which has been brought up on other threads. Say I have a bunch of movies that I purchased thru Flixster or CinemaNow. Now say Best Buy which runs CinemaNow goes under (which is a possibility considering the position they currently are in). So they go under and now CinemaNow is now closed and they no longer have the licensing rights to the movies I have bought thru them, it is possible that they will no longer show up on Vudu even though they are in UV. This one movie has shown that this is now a real possibility. It appears the provider alone carries the ALID for each title and if that provider goes under they no longer have an agreement with that studio and as shown with my copy of Space Jam that since the ALID is no longer valid my title will no longer be carried via providers like Vudu even though it's listed in UV and this is what has me concerned.

Comment

Thanks for the info Max. My concern which has been brought up on other threads. Say I have a bunch of movies that I purchased thru Flixster or CinemaNow. Now say Best Buy which runs CinemaNow goes under (which is a possibility considering the position they currently are in). So they go under and now CinemaNow is now closed and they no longer have the licensing rights to the movies I have bought thru them, it is possible that they will no longer show up on Vudu even though they are in UV. This one movie has shown that this is now a real possibility. It appears the provider alone carries the ALID for each title and if that provider goes under they no longer have an agreement with that studio and as shown with my copy of Space Jam that since the ALID is no longer valid my title will no longer be carried via providers like Vudu even though it's listed in UV and this is what has me concerned.
                              Yeah...that would suck

Hopefully they eventually do away with each provider having to have separate deals for the movies.

Comment

Just got in contact with Flixster CS and this was the response I got.

Unfortunately another department of ours handles ALID issues and would need to update your rights to the title. I'd need to create a support ticket and forward your name, email, and a description of your problem. They'd contact you back via email with a resolution to your porting problems however. Is it okay that I forward your information to them?

So it's all up in the air oh and 25 minutes just to get this response. Glad my time isn't important or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X