atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

What's the incentive to stay with Vudu?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What's the incentive to stay with Vudu?

    100% serious question. With Movies Anywhere and Apple just killing it with new 4K releases, what is the incentive to stick with Vudu? Seems Vudu was blindsided by Apple. Vudu was the UHD leader and now has fallen behind in only a short couple of months. There's no new UV sharing (UV slowly dying anyway).....and pricing is generally higher than Apple.

    Is Vudu going to get the contracts to add new UHD like Apple is doing? Are we going to get any incentives to upgrade HDX to UHD?

    I'm really really searching for a reason to keep Vudu as my primary platform.

    #2
    That is a question of individual preference. For me, the widespread availability of VUDU on multiple platforms is important. if you are heavily invested in Apple (i Phones, IPads, ATV) then that may be the way to go. If you are an Amazon person then the Fire family is the way to go. But a strength of VUDU is that is is probably the most widely available App. For example, if you want to use X Box or PlayStation as your main streaming console then you easily use VUDU. As far as I am aware, the game consoles do not support ITunes and probably never will. For that reason I also like Roku because it is App neutral. They don't have an Apple App but I think they would if Apple would allow it.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Kotor29 View Post
      That is a question of individual preference. For me, the widespread availability of VUDU on multiple platforms is important. if you are heavily invested in Apple (i Phones, IPads, ATV) then that may be the way to go. If you are an Amazon person then the Fire family is the way to go. But a strength of VUDU is that is is probably the most widely available App. For example, if you want to use X Box or PlayStation as your main streaming console then you easily use VUDU. As far as I am aware, the game consoles do not support ITunes and probably never will. For that reason I also like Roku because it is App neutral. They don't have an Apple App but I think they would if Apple would allow it.
      True, the Vudu app is available on tons of devices and that is definitely a positive. Anyone who has iTunes purchases is forced into an Apple TV or iOS device. However, my statement is more on the frustration and disappointment that I have with Vudu right now. I want to use Vudu as my primary. I think the Vudu app on my Roku looks and sounds better than on the ATV.

      However, Apple is simply beating them quite handily with 4K content. Each day Apple releases new 4K versions of an older titles.....and almost every NEW release that has a 4K version is getting it on Apple whereas Vudu is still lagging (American Assassin, Kingsman, Logan Lucky, Hitmans Bodyguard, Valerian, Dark Tower, etc). Apple has added the following older titles in just the last few days (E.T., Office Space, Edward Scissorhands, Transformers).

      If Vudu can't compete, then I will sadly have to start to transition my code redeems and buying over to Apple. I don't want to.....but it's getting embarrassing now.

      Comment


        #4
        For me, it is extremely simple.

        Vudu gives me access to my Paramount (and Lionsgate) Ultraviolet titles, such as James Bond and Star Trek.

        Vudu is the only Movies Anywhere provider that does not give me proper access to my Movies Anywhere UHD library. My Movies Anywhere UHD license is not accessible with Vudu if I owned the HD Ultraviolet version prior.

        So, Vudu is useful for accessing movies I ALREADY OWN that did not move to Movies Anywhere.

        But, all NEW purchases I am making are through Movies Anywhere, with UHD playback through Amazon or Google/YouTube.

        To make that even more clear: I'm only using Vudu to access stuff I already paid for, and any new purchases and any new title playback is being done through Vudu competitors due to their inability to get their UHD act together.

        As for new Lionsgate and Paramount titles...I'm buying physical copies if I really, really want the movie. I'll redeem the digital copy code once they move over to MA.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by netnothing View Post

          True, the Vudu app is available on tons of devices and that is definitely a positive. Anyone who has iTunes purchases is forced into an Apple TV or iOS device. However, my statement is more on the frustration and disappointment that I have with Vudu right now. I want to use Vudu as my primary. I think the Vudu app on my Roku looks and sounds better than on the ATV.

          However, Apple is simply beating them quite handily with 4K content. Each day Apple releases new 4K versions of an older titles.....and almost every NEW release that has a 4K version is getting it on Apple whereas Vudu is still lagging (American Assassin, Kingsman, Logan Lucky, Hitmans Bodyguard, Valerian, Dark Tower, etc). Apple has added the following older titles in just the last few days (E.T., Office Space, Edward Scissorhands, Transformers).

          If Vudu can't compete, then I will sadly have to start to transition my code redeems and buying over to Apple. I don't want to.....but it's getting embarrassing now.
          I think Apple caught everyone off guard with their 4K Apple TV. For years they did not support 4K and then out of nowhere they have a 4K Dolby Vision box and a big library of 4K movies. I think that competition in the marketplace will cause the lack of 4K HDR to change.

          Comment


            #6
            Although I'm a big Apple guy, there are still plenty of good reasons for using VUDU as well -- Dolby Atmos and Disc to Digital support, to name two. I've also found that the VUDU apps are easier for my family to navigate and use, which is a big reason why UV sharing going away is a bummer -- was always nice to have a secondary account for the kids. I've also got a large library of titles that aren't MA eligible yet, so there's plenty of incentive to use both for the foreseeable future.

            Comment


              #7
              I use this for mainly two reasons....

              A. I can share with my family - new members can't anymore but I can still share with all Five accounts..... them taking this away from new members I feel is about the worst move they could have made, unless they were forced to? ...... if the ability to share with the accounts I'm already sharing to goes away, I'll probably just share my movies through google play, but use Vudu for myself. I still have a lot on here that is not UV or MA.... not to mention TV doesn't share through MA/googleplay

              B. I only use Vudu myself for when I'm on the go or away from home.... when I'm home I use my actual proper setup.... no matter how good the uhd and hdx look on here or anywhere else it's still compressed and doesn't look as good as the actual disc being played.

              Comment


                #8
                I forgot to mention Disc to Digital. That is a feature I have used and certainly enjoy. Hopefully account sharing comes back at some point. I have a feeling that taking it away was an issue with some of the studios.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Most of the reasons stated are certainly valid.......maybe I should have been more specific in my title. We can all clearly stick with Vudu for the current sharing and D2D while it lasts, however, let's talk about new releases and UHD. It it seems Vudu currently has no desire to get the same deals Apple seems to have in place to expand their UHD catalog. It's another new day and there are at least 3 new UHD titles on iTunes (Heat, Alvin and the Chipmunks and even The Day the Earth Stood Still).

                  When, and I say when because we all know it's going to happen, Paramount and Lionsgate join MA.....I think things will get even worse unless Vudu can step it up and match Apple title-for-title with all these 4K releases.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Perhaps Movies Anywhere is making it more reasonable, financially, for the studios to offer MA UHD versions than Ultraviolet UHD versions.

                    For instance, look at Sony. They offer UHD Ultraviolet licenses that register in your Ultraviolet library, but there is not ONE Ultraviolet provider that allows access to those titles. Sony locks you into using their TVs for UV UHD playback.

                    Yet, if you redeem your UHD Sony codes on Movies Anywhere, it gives you access to Sony UHD versions of movies on Amazon and Google. So Sony IS offering their UHD catalog outside of their hardware, so it's not them totally being jerks, it must have something to do with the cost to Vudu or Sony to have UHD UV versions available.

                    I don't anticipate Vudu rolling out anything "new", like upgrades, or additional studios offering UHD titles, considering you have MA studios pulling their UV support, with regular old HD releases like 'Kingsman: Golden Circle' and 'Happy Death Day' coming out as MA and not UV.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by NJScorpio View Post
                      Perhaps Movies Anywhere is making it more reasonable, financially, for the studios to offer MA UHD versions than Ultraviolet UHD versions.

                      For instance, look at Sony. They offer UHD Ultraviolet licenses that register in your Ultraviolet library, but there is not ONE Ultraviolet provider that allows access to those titles. Sony locks you into using their TVs for UV UHD playback.

                      Yet, if you redeem your UHD Sony codes on Movies Anywhere, it gives you access to Sony UHD versions of movies on Amazon and Google. So Sony IS offering their UHD catalog outside of their hardware, so it's not them totally being jerks, it must have something to do with the cost to Vudu or Sony to have UHD UV versions available.

                      I don't anticipate Vudu rolling out anything "new", like upgrades, or additional studios offering UHD titles, considering you have MA studios pulling their UV support, with regular old HD releases like 'Kingsman: Golden Circle' and 'Happy Death Day' coming out as MA and not UV.
                      Perhaps. I think in general MA is a great step forward. I think thus far they have botched the launch pretty bad, but that seems typical these days....launch a flawed product and fix later.

                      Maybe my main beef is with the studios. All retailers should have the same movie and same quality. Let the retailers compete on pricing and other incentives. Having deals in place with just Apple for example to me isn't fair. Especially since there is no guarantee that things will upgrade at a later date.

                      Or maybe I just think it's stupid in 2017 to still have SD/HDX/UHD. It's a digital movie. Just sell the highest quality available and let it adapt down if needed based on device or connection. And for pete's sake.....stop pricing UHD at $30 ;-)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by netnothing View Post

                        Or maybe I just think it's stupid in 2017 to still have SD/HDX/UHD. It's a digital movie. Just sell the highest quality available and let it adapt down if needed based on device or connection. And for pete's sake.....stop pricing UHD at $30 ;-)
                        I think that is what Movies Anywhere is trying to do, since there is no where on their own app or site to check what definition you own.

                        That is one thing I wish they had that myuv has...where it indicates the date and service you used to purchase/redeem the title, and at what definition.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I will continue to use VUDU for watching TV Shows. I have a lot of TV shows and since they are not MA eligible (because they are TV Shows, not movies), I can't watch them anywhere else. I'm hoping they come up with a TV Anywhere solution and then I might consider moving to a different platform. Until then, I can spread my watching across multiple platforms.

                          I just now started building up my UHD collection so I'm not too worried about that. My man-cave is still a 1080p projector so I really don't have a huge incentive to stream UHD yet. My wife has the UHD TV in the living room, but she controls that one. I figure I can start getting the UHD movies and when I do upgrade the man-cave, I will have plenty of content to watch.

                          I have the AppleTV 4k and I really like it. My wife's TV is a Samsung 65" 4k tv with apps. The VUDU apps streams in 4k so that's a good thing. I haven't checked the Amazon app yet. I don't do a lot of Netflix, but it does stream 4k. The AppleTV 4k streams 4k content from iTunes but the VUDU app only does HDX. I hope they will fix that in the near future. I also have a Sony UHD disc player. I haven't turned on any of the apps for it yet so I don't know if they will stream 4k or not.

                          If VUDU continues down the path they are with higher priced movies and not porting resolutions across correctly, I can see myself using it for only watching TV shows and other movies that are not MA eligible. I will use iTunes or Google or Amazon for everything else (while away from home.) At home, I'll throw the disc in and watch. I will miss sharing my movies with my kids, but if they really want to watch something, they are employed and can buy it themselves.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by NJScorpio View Post

                            I think that is what Movies Anywhere is trying to do, since there is no where on their own app or site to check what definition you own.

                            That is one thing I wish they had that myuv has...where it indicates the date and service you used to purchase/redeem the title, and at what definition.
                            I thought single redemption was the way they were going but ever since they released a statement saying they will no longer upgrade SD titles, I've been getting worried that they are not planning on offering anything similar to Apple as far as UHD upgrades are concerned. Other areas of concern are that Netflix still charge a premium for their 4K content and Amazon still lists their UHD titles in a separate section (which is not even brought up when you search the film's title). I guess the industry wide ripple effect that people expected after Apple's announcement hasn't happened yet. I would guess it's because they think the majority of people still don't care enough about 4K or think it will have only a marginal effect on sales. Nevertheless, after MA dropped the ball by rescinding upgrades, and at one point even aggressively downgrading our HD titles even if they were redeemed from a blu ray, my next hope would be for Vudu to pick up where Apple left off.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by netnothing View Post
                              I'm really really searching for a reason to keep Vudu as my primary platform.
                              Movies Anywhere doesnt support TV titles. Boom! There's your answer.

                              Plus I dont have an iTunes app on all my devices like i do with Vudu. Bam! There's another answer!



                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X