Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Need Support - Movies Disappearing - Vudu - MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Support - Movies Disappearing - Vudu - MA

Good morning,

I need some assistance. I called Vudu last night but the representative wasn't sure what to do. I also submitted a ticket this morning, but we all know how those can take forever to be worked.

I have been working with MA for over a month now and they have said they were aware of the issue with movies disappearing and they were working with Vudu for a fix. Now, last night, they sent the below email stating that I need to reach out to Vudu for the fix.
    Hi _____,

The troubles that you're seeing are caused by UV being disconnected from your Vudu account which causes those movies to disappear from Movies Anywhere. I would encourage relinking UV to Vudu and then Vudu to Movies Anywhere and that should solve it. If the issue does persist though our team has let us know that Vudu would be the point of contact for this. Our team has been working with Vudu to determine the best course of action and that's what was determined.

I created a MA account when it first went live, and linked all my accounts including Vudu. All my MA eligible movies ported over from all providers including Vudu. I was having an issue with my UV account so I disconnected it from Vudu and reconnected it, just like I have always been told to do. When I reconnected it nearly 200 of my owned titles in MA were removed. I own them and see them in Vudu, but they are no longer porting to MA. My accounts are all linked properly, but I am missing movies from Vudu to MA.

I have been going back and forth with MA on this for over a month and I am extremely frustrated. Can someone here with Vudu please help me get my movies back?

Thank you.

Count me in the same exact boat... I've got 665 UV titles on VUDU that originally ported over to MA, then vanished without a trace. Unlinking and relinking was what apparently caused the problem in the first place, so why are they telling us to do it again and potentially lose MORE titles? MA has been ineffective at coming up with a solution, so it's probably time to start stepping on VUDU's throat to come up with answers. The movies all show up in my MA account history, but according to their support staff, have been incorrectly flagged as "refunded". The only solution I've found is to rebuy the same title elsewhere ? I've done that in a few cases now that 4K versions are available, but damned if I'm going to do it for nearly 700 titles I already paid cold hard cash for.

Everyone having the same problem should swarm VUDU support staff and keep pushing for a fix!

Comment

Originally posted by JRBTempe View Post
      Count me in the same exact boat... I've got 665 UV titles on VUDU that originally ported over to MA, then vanished without a trace. Unlinking and relinking was what apparently caused the problem in the first place, so why are they telling us to do it again and potentially lose MORE titles? MA has been ineffective at coming up with a solution, so it's probably time to start stepping on VUDU's throat to come up with answers. The movies all show up in my MA account history, but according to their support staff, have been incorrectly flagged as "refunded". The only solution I've found is to rebuy the same title elsewhere ? I've done that in a few cases now that 4K versions are available, but damned if I'm going to do it for nearly 700 titles I already paid cold hard cash for.

Everyone having the same problem should swarm VUDU support staff and keep pushing for a fix!
      Do you have a list of titles that are missing? I'd like to take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post

Do you have a list of titles that are missing? I'd like to take a look.
        Yes I do -- already provided to MA in late October. Will PM you, thanks.

And for the record, I did contact VUDU support about this as well, but they didn't seem to understand the problem at all... kept wanting me to relink UV when that's how the titles were lost in the first place. Just pinged MA support again as well, just to keep their feet over this particular fire.

Comment

I got the list, thanks! I'll see what I can do for you guys.

Comment

FelipeF, you can add me to that list as well. I am in the EXACT same situation as Squatting Hen's case. Off the top of my head, some of the missing titles are SPIDERMAN HOMECOMING, BABY DRIVER, All the RESIDENT EVIL movies, and all but one of the UNDERWORLD movies. All the movies are in VUDU just fine but they vanished from MA after THEY (MA)!!!!!! told me to unlink and relink UV to VUDU in order to push through a movie that had not come through yet. ALL of the movies show up in my history on MA, they just will not push through. Well, I have about 400 to 500 movies that are missing from my MA account, and yesterday I got that same e-mail saying "we'll you should really link and re-link your UV to VUDU, and make sure not to do it again." Unbelievable! Here's hoping you are able to find some kind of a fix after Movies Anywhere has been promising me one since the second week of October. Thank you, as always, FelipeF, for ALL of your hard work and dedication.

Comment

Thank you. Yes, this has been beyond frustrating. Hopefully a fix will be discovered. Like JRB Tempe stated, MA sees the titles in their system as Refunded by Vudu, therefore MA has them as deleted. Vudu shows that MA deleted them but that they are also being sent to and from MA. (All this from an hour and 45 minute conference conversation with Vudu and MA today)

Comment

Originally posted by robdua View Post
                FelipeF, you can add me to that list as well. I am in the EXACT same situation as Squatting Hen's case. Off the top of my head, some of the missing titles are SPIDERMAN HOMECOMING, BABY DRIVER, All the RESIDENT EVIL movies, and all but one of the UNDERWORLD movies. All the movies are in VUDU just fine but they vanished from MA after THEY (MA)!!!!!! told me to unlink and relink UV to VUDU in order to push through a movie that had not come through yet. ALL of the movies show up in my history on MA, they just will not push through. Well, I have about 400 to 500 movies that are missing from my MA account, and yesterday I got that same e-mail saying "we'll you should really link and re-link your UV to VUDU, and make sure not to do it again." Unbelievable! Here's hoping you are able to find some kind of a fix after Movies Anywhere has been promising me one since the second week of October. Thank you, as always, FelipeF, for ALL of your hard work and dedication.
                Will do, added to the list.

Comment

Me too. I've lost a ton of movies that show in my transaction history at MA. Mostly stuff redeemed on Sony.

Here's a short list, but many more are missing.

Freaks of Nature

All underworld movies except Blood Wars and Rise of the Lycans.

Don?t Be Afraid of the Dark

Smurfs and Smurfs 2

Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance

Starship Troopers: invasion

Safety Not Guaranteed.

Total Recall (2012) both versions

Annie (1982)

Zero Dark Thirty

Playing For Keeps

Monster House

Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore

Mask of Zorro

Parker

The Company You Keep

Sex Tape

21 jump street

Seven Pounds

The Pursuit of Happyness

Hitch

This is the End

Insidious: Chapter 2

Talladega Nights

Step Brothers

The Other Guys

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus: The Annihilation Strategy

Oldboy
                  Whiplash

This is the end

When the Game Stands Tall

Other Guys

Outlaw Prophet

Insidious 2

Pirates: Band of Misfits

Pompeii

Before Midnight

At Any Price

Evil Dead: Remake

Captain Phillips

Dead man Down

Last Exorcism 2

The Company You keep

American Hustle

Chappie

Avengers Confidential

Monument?s Men

All Godzilla movies

Mask of Zorro

Lawrence of Arabia

Comment

I have the same problem. I lost 100's in MA when I unlinked and relinked UV and Vudu. It looks like most if not all are in my Vudu transaction history as added on Oct 25, 2017. And in my MA app, then show a date of 1-1-70 but are all missing. I started typing an actual list, But when I got to the D's, my computer froze. I called into Vudu a couple days ago. Hopefully this can get fixed.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Missing 45% of my MA eligible titles. Approx 750 films. Been this way since 10/27/17. Vudu and MA both agree the titles are missing and should be showing up. And after 4 weeks of dealing with this issue in numerous calls and support tickets, that is the only thing I can find the 2 companies in agreement on. Vudu blames MA for deleting the titles. MA claims they can't delete titles and only vudu could so talk to vudu. Vudu says the error is on MA's side of the wall, so talk to MA. MA then says they will escalate a ticket to Vudu. Who then never responds, when called they tell you contact MA. Once you contact MA they tell you unconnect your UV account and then your Vudu MA connection, log out, reconnect UV to Vudu then Vudu to MA and wait 24 hours. Once you do that and nothing happens, MA tells you they will escalate a ticket to vudu which starts the whole cycle again. I've been through this dance 3 times now, nothing is fixed, and I'm still waiting, back in queue for another pass of this silliness.

As for what titles are affected, it's not limited to any specific title. It's caused by how titles are imported into Vudu from UV and the day someone at Vudu/UV decided to start refunding titles to the year 1970. Interestingly enough anytime I've tried to discuss how that happened with UVVU, they have pointed the finger at Vudu.

Comment

I'm so glad that I found this post today. My digital library is quite huge, making some things hard to immediately identify. For the longest time I wondered why my MoviesAnywhere movie count is so much lower than my Vudu count or UV count. Yes, I understood not all titles would be eligible for MA inclusion, but I'm talking about approximately 2500 less movies on MA.
                        From information in this conversation, I've determined from my MA transaction history that about 900+ MA-eligible movie titles are legitimately missing from MA. All titles dated 01/01/1970, acquired via Vudu are not viewable on MA. These titles have no specific alphabetical, purchase or release date order. I also did an UV unlink/relink with Vudu during the early MA setup process.
                        FelipeF , would you please add me to this problem list?

Thank you,
                        Joy

Comment

Please add me to the list as well. I'm missing 364 MA-eligible movies (363 obtained through Vudu, 1 through iTunes). I've tried unlinking, relinking, and contacting MA support. They only told me this on 11/21:
                          We are aware that this is occurring, and we have partnered with Vudu to work on a solution. We do not know when this will be solved, but we are working daily to implement something as soon as possible. As soon as we get word of a fix, we will be sure to reach out to you with any steps that may be necessary (if any) to get your movies back in your library.
                          I can send a list of the titles I'm missing if needed.

Comment

I am exhausted from fighting with MoviesAnywhere regarding this issue. I have been fighting with them daily as I find them. This should not be this hard.

I don't have a list, but I would think via a click of a button Vudu should be able to figure out what is in my Vudu that is MA eligible vs what is actually in the MA locker.

This is such B.S.

Comment

I don't have an exact list of movies that are missing but I do know my copy of Superman: The Movie is not in MA.

Comment

Working...
                              X