Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu Insta Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vudu Insta Watch

So just saw on Facebook a posting by Vudu (which again btw won't let me comment just share) I digress anyway it now offers Insta Watch where you buy your DVD or Bluray at WalMart and scan your receipt at the store and it's instantly available on your Vudu account.

How will the store link up to your Vudu account thru just scanning a receipt when most Wal Marts are clueless about disc to digital conversion in general.

This is nice but I'm curious does this mean I still have a digital code inside the case that I can now either give to someone else or sell?

Re: Vudu Insta Watch

Store employees are not involved with this in any capacity.

http://www.vudu.com/instawatch/

Comment

I would imagine that Instawatch will replace the packaging of UV code slips inside all Wal-mart DVDs and blu-rays at some point in time, as the UV code slips will become redundant. Instead of redeeming a movie code here on Vudu, you simply scan your receipt and the movie will appear in your account. A UV redemption code slip would no longer be required, as your store or online receipt essentially functions as your UV code slip.

Comment

Instawatch has nothing to do with D2D; it uses your Walmart.com account (required for Savings Catcher) to link your receipt to Vudu. As the previous poster said, it's more likely to replace UV code slips (though I'm not 100% sure all the studios will go along) than D2D.

It may even be a prelude to Vudu joining DMA for Disney titles, as has been rumored; that would give Vudu a key place in redeeming Disney titles purchased at Walmart thru DMA (from DMR points to even iTunes) while hastening the demise of Digital Copy Plus (always intended to be transitional from disc-based DC to DMA).

Comment

Eh, if I can get the disc for the same price online, I'd rather pay another $1-2 for D2D than make the trek to the nearest Walmart. I avoid them anyway, the only time I've set foot in one in this millenium is when I took a heavily damaged disc for D2D because (obviously) it wouldn't work at home.

Comment

Well...there is no Savings Catcher WalMart app for Windows Phone. I guess I have no way to scan my receipt for purchases I make in the store.

Comment

You can manually enter your receipts through the Savings Catcher web site as well.

https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
                Instawatch has nothing to do with D2D; it uses your Walmart.com account (required for Savings Catcher) to link your receipt to Vudu. As the previous poster said, it's more likely to replace UV code slips (though I'm not 100% sure all the studios will go along) than D2D.

It may even be a prelude to Vudu joining DMA for Disney titles, as has been rumored; that would give Vudu a key place in redeeming Disney titles purchased at Walmart thru DMA (from DMR points to even iTunes) while hastening the demise of Digital Copy Plus (always intended to be transitional from disc-based DC to DMA).
                I don't think it replaces D2D, as I'm sure many users still have a significant backlog of titles they purchased long ago that wouldn't be eligible for this, but are eligible for D2D.

I do think it will affect buying decisions going forward, at least for me. I'll admit, I buy most of my physical media from the "jungle", and really only buy from my local WM if I happen to be in there on the release date of a film I want ( I don't pre-order anything...ever) or I see a movie from my wishlist at a good price ($10 or less). In other words, I do not make much of an effort to buy physical media from WM (store or .com).

Due to current home improvements, I have taken somewhat of a "break" from buying movies, aside from primarily new releases or limited catalog releases. When I get back on the horse and start knocking out the remainder of my catalog purchases, I will definitely be looking first at WM to see if the movie is part of this program, since most catalog titles don't get UV inserts unless they are re-releases (and sometimes not even then).

I'm curious as to why Vudu doesn't also have an InstaWatch section as well.

Comment

This seems similar to Amazon's Disc+ On Demand service, and I am happy to see it. Higher quality, more titles, and on VUDU where my big library of digital video already lives.

I will no longer step foot inside the Walmart near me, but I'll buy from Walmart.com if the price and availability is right. I am assuming this is just a (free) extension of the same titles that are/will be available for Disc to Digital, and therefore are UV compatible.

http://www.vudu.com/instawatch/

Comment

What's the point really if EVERY movie and EVERY TV show you purchase is not available? It will force us to check to see if available for instawatch before we make a purchase! So again if I buy a Disney movie the answer is not can't instawatch it

Quit adding new services and make the ones we have work across the board! If the point is to buy once and watch anywhere then make it so.

JMO

Comment

So, if I buy an MGM movie for instance, and it doesn't have a redemption code in the package, but Vudu offers it, it will redeem? If so, that's pretty cool.

Comment

Does it work for pre orders? Also, I shop online how would I know if it is an available title?

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeGator6 View Post
                          So, if I buy an MGM movie for instance, and it doesn't have a redemption code in the package, but Vudu offers it, it will redeem? If so, that's pretty cool.
                          I have looked at the list, no mgm and no disney that i can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruinit View Post
                            What's the point really if EVERY movie and EVERY TV show you purchase is not available? It will force us to check to see if available for instawatch before we make a purchase! So again if I buy a Disney movie the answer is not can't instawatch it

Quit adding new services and make the ones we have work across the board! If the point is to buy once and watch anywhere then make it so.

JMO
                            While I certainly agree with your frustration, your logic doesn't make much sense. "If you can't do it for every single title from every single studio, then don't bother doing it all?" Sorry, that's not how business (or tech) does things. I'm happy with what's available, and the only way for these things to evolve and grow is to allow for it to start somewhere. Eventually, hopefully, the other standouts will come on board. Or the market will speak and less people will buy from the non-participating partners. But that's up to the studios and not VUDU. I'm sure VUDU and the Ultraviolet consortium would love for Disney to be on board, even mores that you or I do. It's simply not up to VUDU. It's up to Disney.

But to suggest that they should quit expanding the service for the studios and titles that ARE participating isn't wise in the slightest. They should keep marching ahead, keep innovating, keep making the service better and more robust. That's best for the customers who are actually on board. In the meantime, the current users of the current system can keep building their libraries and be happy with the system. And if the pressure builds and the standouts come on board, great.

If not, oh well, that's the way the ball bounces. And I still love using VUDU and I love building my VUDU/UV library.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruinit View Post
                              I have looked at the list, no mgm and no disney that i can find.
                              Again, I think this is simply a (free) extension of the Disc to Digital program, which is tied to Ultraviolet, as far as I know. So their omission here makes (unfortunate) sense.

In my experience, just because something is Ultraviolet doesn't also mean it's available as a Disc to Digital. But if it's available as Disc to Digital, then I'm pretty sure that also means it's Ultraviolet. At least, that's been my experience with ~400 conversions so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X