Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu Insta Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vudu Insta Watch

Originally posted by Ruinit View Post
    I have looked at the list, no mgm and no disney that i can find.
    I didn't realize that there was a list. Now that I've looked through it, the most exciting thing is that the Indiana Jones films are on there, even though I already have them. There is one MGM title...the original Robocop...but that has come with a redemption slip for awhile now.

Honestly, this is a pretty cool thing and hopefully it continues to be expanded.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeGator6 View Post
      I didn't realize that there was a list. Now that I've looked through it, the most exciting thing is that the Indiana Jones films are on there, even though I already have them. There is one MGM title...the original Robocop...but that has come with a redemption slip for awhile now.

Honestly, this is a pretty cool thing and hopefully it continues to be expanded.
      Where's the list? Got a link?

I'm not re-buying any Indiana Jones titles (again!) just to get InstaWatch, obviously... but I do hope this paves the way for them to get on the Disc2Digital bandwagon.

Comment

I don't think Indiana Jones is eligible. When you click on the product page, the InstaWatch logo doesn't appear like it does on the other titles that have it.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
          I don't think Indiana Jones is eligible. When you click on the product page, the InstaWatch logo doesn't appear like it does on the other titles that have it.
          So what's this "list" that Ruinit and YankeeGator6 are referring to, and why is Indiana Jones on it?

Comment

They have the link all over the place:

http://www.walmart.com/browse/movies...228693_1228694

Comment

Gotcha, thanks. I thought it was would a better-formatted list, and not merely the store's website that require us to click through to see 25 different pages of titles.

And yeah, even though Indiana Jones is included on the list, when you click it, there's no mention of InstaWatch on there: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Indiana-Jo...screen/9720840

...so one wonders if it's really not supported after all, and also, how many other titles on that list really aren't actually eligible either!

Then I see some other titles like The Lego Movie: http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Lego-M...creen/34930775

...which is InstaWatch eligible, but does NOT appear on VUDU's "Disc to Digital" search page. So this InstaWatch program has different eligibilities, and it makes me wonder about the future of that particular program...

The next question then is, if one were to buy The Lego Movie from WalMart, add it to their VUDU library by way of InstaWatch, is it also UltraViolet compatible (i.e.: can I access it on Flixster and/or CinemaNow?) I'd hope so, since the title's page on VUDU says it is: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!overvie...The-LEGO-Movie

Then again, perhaps Walmart is treating InstaWatch titles different than actual VUDU purchases, and not giving them full UV compatibility. Has anyone here actually purchased one of these InstaWatch titles from walmart.com to test this out yet?

Lastly, how does InstaWatch integrate, if at all, or compare with titles that already include Digital Copy? Like The Lego Movie?

I'm thinking they're just separate (and sometimes overlapping) initiatives. InstaWatch is available within 24 hours (while the disc is still shipping to you) and with Digital Copy, you need to wait to receive the disc and code to redeem it. On the other hand, we do know that Digital Copies are UV compatible!

Gosh, all of this seems really complicated and I'm not eager to try and explain it to anyone

I think InstaWatch really makes the most sense for titles that you want to buy anyway that do not otherwise come with a Digital Copy. I'm seeing a few of those on the list.

Comment

As to your question about the Lego Movie being UV if you get it through Instawatch it's almost definitely a yes. People have added movies on another forum and they said they are UV. I've had movies added through non-UV Vudu codes and they always get UV added when they become UV eligible. I don't think Vudu differentiates. A UV titles is a UV title no matter if it's bought, redeemed or added by other means. The same can not be said for the competition.

Originally posted by Fofer View Post
                Gotcha, thanks. I thought it was would a better-formatted list, and not merely the store's website that require us to click through to see 25 different pages of titles.

And yeah, even though Indiana Jones is included on the list, when you click it, there's no mention of InstaWatch on there: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Indiana-Jo...screen/9720840

...so one wonders if it's really not supported after all, and also, how many other titles on that list really aren't actually eligible either!

Then I see some other titles like The Lego Movie: http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Lego-M...creen/34930775

...which is InstaWatch eligible, but does NOT appear on VUDU's "Disc to Digital" search page. So this InstaWatch program has different eligibilities, and it makes me wonder about the future of that particular program...

The next question then is, if one were to buy The Lego Movie from WalMart, add it to their VUDU library by way of InstaWatch, is it also UltraViolet compatible (i.e.: can I access it on Flixster and/or CinemaNow?) I'd hope so, since the title's page on VUDU says it is: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!overvie...The-LEGO-Movie

Then again, perhaps Walmart is treating InstaWatch titles different than actual VUDU purchases, and not giving them full UV compatibility. Has anyone here actually purchased one of these InstaWatch titles from walmart.com to test this out yet?

Lastly, how does InstaWatch integrate, if at all, or compare with titles that already include Digital Copy? Like The Lego Movie?

I'm thinking they're just separate (and sometimes overlapping) initiatives. InstaWatch is available within 24 hours (while the disc is still shipping to you) and with Digital Copy, you need to wait to receive the disc and code to redeem it. On the other hand, we do know that Digital Copies are UV compatible!

Gosh, all of this seems really complicated and I'm not eager to try and explain it to anyone

I think InstaWatch really makes the most sense for titles that you want to buy anyway that do not otherwise come with a Digital Copy. I'm seeing a few of those on the list.

Comment

madmod this is not true as DanielH. has just informed me that certain UV titles do indeed expire and although in UV do not always port over. My issue with the UV title Space Jam which is a UV title and has not ported over to Vudu proves this.

Read this thread pages 2 and 3 to read about what's going on.

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...u-and-Flixster

Comment

uv titles do not expire, But the individual retailers we watch them on do sometimes lose the rights to certain movies and therefore you may have the rights to something but not be able to watch it on the site you want to. also there are some issues with flixster and vudu with certain titles not transfering from flixster to vudu

Comment

Originally posted by mgbcondor View Post
                      madmod this is not true as DanielH. has just informed me that certain UV titles do indeed expire and although in UV do not always port over. My issue with the UV title Space Jam which is a UV title and has not ported over to Vudu proves this.

Read this thread pages 2 and 3 to read about what's going on.

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...u-and-Flixster
                      He said expired alid which means your copy of the movie has an older alid assigned to it that vudu can not see. He said nothing about expiring uv movies. Flixster has known problems getting movies to synch up with vudu because of outdated alids. An alid is the code that tells a provider you own the movie . The information I gave you is correct. The movies will stay uv. Alid is a part of a UV movie, not the UV movie itself. I think DanielH is the first person to ever even tell the public such a thing existed. Flixster would unfortunately have to fix your issue and their customer service can be difficult at best and flat out stubborn at worst.

Sometimes I think Flixster has done more harm than good to the UV name with their free SD movies. A lot of people have issues getting them to show. Space Jam in particular seems to be one that doesn't show on Vudu for a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
                        It may even be a prelude to Vudu joining DMA for Disney titles, as has been rumored; that would give Vudu a key place in redeeming Disney titles purchased at Walmart thru DMA (from DMR points to even iTunes) while hastening the demise of Digital Copy Plus (always intended to be transitional from disc-based DC to DMA).
                        They do have Fright Night under Instawatch which is from Disney owned Buena Vista.... So we can certainly hope that this is them leading towards DMA (in which case I will squeal in joy so loud) heres to hoping

Comment

Daniel, Jake, can one of you tell us whether DVDs always/never/sometimes give SD on VUDU with InstaWatch? That is very important to me (and, I'm guessing, many others here) ...I'm buying DVDs that I will never actually watch just to do in-home D2D with them, and I always purchase HDX.

Conversely, if I can't be assured of getting HDX when buying Blu-ray discs, I would probably forego InstaWatch and stick with in-home D2D.

Comment

This program is far from Instant. I went out and bought the Transformers 4 pack yesterday and scanned the receipt and it's been stuck on "Verifying Receipt" for a day now. I think I will have to end up adding each of the UV codes individually?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                              Daniel, Jake, can one of you tell us whether DVDs always/never/sometimes give SD on VUDU with InstaWatch? That is very important to me (and, I'm guessing, many others here) ...I'm buying DVDs that I will never actually watch just to do in-home D2D with them, and I always purchase HDX.

Conversely, if I can't be assured of getting HDX when buying Blu-ray discs, I would probably forego InstaWatch and stick with in-home D2D.
                              I gave it a shot with We Came Together on DVD and it unfortunately gave me an SD copy through Instawatch. You'd probably be rolling the dice each time you try with a DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Katomine View Post
                                They do have Fright Night under Instawatch which is from Disney owned Buena Vista.... So we can certainly hope that this is them leading towards DMA (in which case I will squeal in joy so loud) heres to hoping

Fright Night is not a Disney title. The original 1985 film was released by Sony. The remake from a couple years ago was from Dreamworks. Neither was Disney.

Comment

Working...
                                X