Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Is Disney coming out with a bunch more Digital Copy Plus codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Disney coming out with a bunch more Digital Copy Plus codes

DMA is linked to a DMR account. So if you redeemed the DMR code for points in that program, and the code came from a DVD or Blu-ray that inlcuded a digital copy, the movie would be added to your DMA account. Then, once you linked your iTunes account to DMA, any Disney movies (including your Marvels, such as the Avengers, Thor 1, Cap 1 and IM2) from iTunes would be added to your DMA account. Any code from a DVD or older Blu-ray with an iTunes SD copy was also automatically upgraded to HD and included iTunes extras (this did not include direct purchases of SD movies in iTunes).

Now when this presumably happens with Vudu, Disney movies purchased from Vudu should be added to DMA and DMA/DMR/iTunes should port to Vudu, similar to how UV works when you utilize multiple retailers. The only major difference between the DMA system and UV (aside from the eligible retailers thing) is that DMA currently only allows 1 iTunes account to be linked to 1 DMA account, and there is no family sharing or multiple users per primary account. Also, when you unlink an iTunes account from a DMA account, you can relink the same account immediately, however, you have to wait 6 months before you can link a different iTunes account to that DMA account. I would expect a similar rule to be applied to Vudu when it becomes eligible.

*Upon further investigation, DMA tweaked their wording to state that the 6 month waiting period applies to "retailer(s) linked to DMA". Therefore, I'd definitely think that it'll be just 1 Vudu account per DMA account.

Comment

Originally posted by vanton619 View Post
      The only major difference between the DMA system and UV (aside from the eligible retailers thing) is that DMA currently only allows 1 iTunes account to be linked to 1 DMA account, and there is no family sharing or multiple users per primary account. Also, when you unlink an iTunes account from a DMA account, you can relink the same account immediately, however, you have to wait 6 months before you can link a different iTunes account to that DMA account. I would expect a similar rule to be applied to Vudu when it becomes eligible.
      The other big difference is you can not watch a DMA movie purchased on Vudu from an AppleTV that is linked to the same DMA account. With UV, I can watch a movie I purchased on Vudu on any other UV retailer's streaming app assuming they are linked to the same UV library. DMA ToU specifically block this.

Kinda a big deal. I have about four movies I added a few hours ago from linking to my iTunes. Those were added from redeeming iTunes only codes over the past three years or so. Under the current ToU, I will never be able to watch those on Vudu unless I buy them outright.

Hopefully, they will eventually join DECE to get beyond this.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
        The other big difference is you can not watch a DMA movie purchased on Vudu from an AppleTV that is linked to the same DMA account. With UV, I can watch a movie I purchased on Vudu on any other UV retailer's streaming app assuming they are linked to the same UV library. DMA ToU specifically block this.
        You sure...?

" (c) Entitlement Sharing. Entitlement Sharing is the sharing of your Entitlements on your behalf between DMA and each connected Digital Distributor. In this way, all DMA-eligible movies in your DMA locker will also appear in each of your connected Digital Distributor?s lockers. Additionally, all DMA-eligible movies in your connected Digital Distributor?s lockers will appear in your DMA locker and each of your other connected Digital Distributor?s lockers. This will allow you to independently view such movies through the DMA Service and each Digital Distributor?s service. No Entitlement information or other information is shared directly between Digital Distributors. Each Digital Distributor?s terms of use will determine your viewing rules and restrictions while using their services. Please note that not all movies available in your connected Digital Distributor?s locker are eligible for sharing with DMA. Disconnecting your DMA account with any Digital Distributor account will cease all future Entitlement Sharing between DMA and the disconnected Digital Distributor. DMA-eligible movies based on Entitlements which have been shared prior to disconnecting will continue to be available in DMA and in the service of the applicable Digital Distributor until you manually delete them."

http://www.disneymoviesanywhere.com/...and-conditions

Comment

"By connecting an account, your eligible Disney movies in Disney Movies Anywhere and in iTunes will be available through both services. You can connect or disconnect your account at any time, but you will not be able to connect a different iTunes account for 180 days. If you disconnect iTunes, your existing movies will still be available in both services, but any future movies you add will only be available from the account in which you acquire them."

Perhaps I mis-understood the above. Thx.

Then theoretically, my iTunes codes will show up in Vudu if things go as we expect. That may be kinda cool.

Currently, I am showing in my DMA collection:
          1. Bedtime Stories HD
          2. The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian HD
          3. Up HD
          4. WALL-E HD

...these were all iTunes code adds from BRD inserts. It would be very cool to be able to view those titles via Vudu after a week from today. I am going to go home and rummage through the others to see if I have any other unused inserts laying around.

Comment

"By connecting an account, your eligible Disney movies in Disney Movies Anywhere and in iTunes will be available through both services. You can connect or disconnect your account at any time, but you will not be able to connect a different iTunes account for 180 days. If you disconnect iTunes, your existing movies will still be available in both services, but any future movies you add will only be available from the account in which you acquire them."

Then theoretically, my iTunes codes will show up in Vudu if things go as we expect. That may be kinda cool.

Currently, I am showing in my DMA collection:
            1. Bedtime Stories HD
            2. The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian HD
            3. Up HD
            4. WALL-E HD

...these were all iTunes code adds from BRD inserts. It would be very cool to be able to view those titles via Vudu after a week from today. I am going to go home and rummage through the others to see if I have any other unused inserts laying around.
            What makes you say "a week from today"? Have you heard something?

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeGator6 View Post
              I Think it is just speculation at this point. But Disney tends to make their big announcements when they have major films released for home viewing. I also have an email from someone from DMA claiming that there will be new linking services to DMA by the end of the year. (I will go searching for it -fingers crossed I didn't accidentally delete it-) So it is safe to assume that the announcement will come to pass with the release of Maleficent & Planes Fire and Rescue (1 week), The new Frozen Edition (Coming out within the next few weeks), or Guardians of the Galaxy (1 month). If the rumors and what I have been told is correct (I have heard many different things so its not set in stone)..... But at the end of the day past giddy excitement we are all just hoping for the best. But I really do think the redeem options are a major hint in Vudu linking to DMA.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeGator6 View Post
                Good question.

Other folks who posted on th thread mentioned it and it makes sense to me.

ToU indicate other digital distribution providers. CSRs are indicating soon. Their summer blockbuster is due on digital a week from today. To me, the theory stands to reason.

To answer your question directly though, I have no press reports indicating a due date for Vudu to be added to DMA. It is just speculation.

Comment

I hope this happens soon. I have 27 or so movies just sitting in DMA....they want to be watched!

Of course, I would rather have them port the UV route, but this is better than nothing.

Comment

Good question.

Other folks who posted on th thread mentioned it and it makes sense to me.

ToU indicate other digital distribution providers. CSRs are indicating soon. Their summer blockbuster is due on digital a week from today. To me, the theory stands to reason.

To answer your question directly though, I have no press reports indicating a due date for Vudu to be added to DMA. It is just speculation.
                    +1. I previously opined that 11/18 seemed more likely as that's the digital release date for Guardians of the Galaxy (BD & DVD arrive 12/9), as well as the DVD & digital date for Frozen Sing Along Edition (not available on BD). However, Maleficent & Planes: Fire and Rescue are already up on Vudu's redemption page (in addition to Maleficent's preorder card), and I've stumbled into a report on another board that Maleficent is popping up in Instawatch (though redemption isn't going thru); those suggest an 11/4 launch. Still, nothing but speculation (though it's hot & heavy right now).

Comment

1) Disney titles have always been on the Vudu redemption page. I redeemed my copy of The Lone Ranger blu on Vudu and that came out in December 2013

2) Non-UV titles are available via Instawatch (Indiana Jones for one). The fact that Maleficent is on there just means Vudu sells it - not that it is DMA enabled

I wish as much as anyone that DMA was on Vudu, but there has been nothing lately that makes me think that.

Comment

You did; I underlined the part you missed. If you unlink iTunes (or presumably Vudu or Google Play) from DMA, all your existing DMA titles will remain on both sides; only titles added on either side after you unlink won't be shared. OTOH, per the longer ToU quote once you link a retailer to DMA all eligible titles added on either side will be shared with the other; that should include titles purchased at a different retailer (i.e., if you buy at Vudu it should also appear at iTunes & Google Play, much like UV).

Comment

Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
                          1) Disney titles have always been on the Vudu redemption page. I redeemed my copy of The Lone Ranger blu on Vudu and that came out in December 2013

2) Non-UV titles are available via Instawatch (Indiana Jones for one). The fact that Maleficent is on there just means Vudu sells it - not that it is DMA enabled

I wish as much as anyone that DMA was on Vudu, but there has been nothing lately that makes me think that.
                          Disney titles have been on the Vudu redemption page since DC+ launched, but Instawatch has not included Disney titles till now. The report of Instawatch redemption for Maleficent, along with Maleficent and Planes:F&R being on the Vudu redeem page now (as opposed to next week after they drop), suggests these could be initial steps to launch Vudu-DMA integration next week.

Though not officially announced (it won't be till it happens), there are strong indications beyond this that Vudu-DMA integration is just around the corner. Both Disney & Vudu CSRs are saying it'll happen; there's also been behind-the-scenes technical hints on both DMA & Vudu websites that it's going to happen; and "in the Vault" titles are appearing on the Vudu redemption page, where they have no reason to be other than DMA. Right now it's more a question of "when" than "if".
                          Last edited by RBBrittain; 10-28-2014, 10:17 PM. Reason: Expand

Comment

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
                            +1. I previously opined that 11/18 seemed more likely as that's the digital release date for Guardians of the Galaxy (BD & DVD arrive 12/9), as well as the DVD & digital date for Frozen Sing Along Edition (not available on BD). However, Maleficent & Planes: Fire and Rescue are already up on Vudu's redemption page (in addition to Maleficent's preorder card), and I've stumbled into a report on another board that Maleficent is popping up in Instawatch (though redemption isn't going thru); those suggest an 11/4 launch. Still, nothing but speculation (though it's hot & heavy right now).
                            I think anytime on or after 11/4 is reasonable speculation at this point. I do not consider it to be wishful thinking. I believe the consensus is not if, but when.

You did; I underlined the part you missed. If you unlink iTunes (or presumably Vudu or Google Play) from DMA, all your existing DMA titles will remain on both sides; only titles added on either side after you unlink won't be shared. OTOH, per the longer ToU quote once you link a retailer to DMA all eligible titles added on either side will be shared with the other; that should include titles purchased at a different retailer (i.e., if you buy at Vudu it should also appear at iTunes & Google Play, much like UV).
                            ...understood. Thx.

I found another BRD that had a code which I entered into my DMA this morning, so I should get five new titles once I can link to Vudu from DMA. That will be nice. All are from BRD too so they should be HDX versions. They show in DMA as HD. This will be cool to watch how it works, when available.

Comment

Disney titles have been on the Vudu redemption page since DC+ launched, but Instawatch has not included Disney titles till now. The report of Instawatch redemption for Maleficent, along with Maleficent and Planes:F&R being on the Vudu redeem page now (as opposed to next week after they drop), suggests these could be initial steps to launch Vudu-DMA integration next week.

Though not officially announced (it won't be till it happens), there are strong indications beyond this that Vudu-DMA integration is just around the corner. Both Disney & Vudu CSRs are saying it'll happen; there's also been behind-the-scenes technical hints on both DMA & Vudu websites that it's going to happen; and "in the Vault" titles are appearing on the Vudu redemption page, where they have no reason to be other than DMA. Right now it's more a question of "when" than "if".
                              Instawatch hasn't included Disney titles up until now because Instawatch hasn't existed until now. It's only about a week old for heaven's sake! Indiana Jones shows up on Instwatch - is that a strong indication they will soon be UV? And the behind the scenes technical hints, which was the mention of Disney in the page's code, has since been removed.

And yes, Maleficent is on the redeem page now, as opposed to after it drops. So are ALL titles sold by Vudu. Non-UV titles are on the redemption page. Titles that have not been released yet are on the redemption page.

Make no mistake, I have no doubt it's a question of "when" not "if". Heck, Disney said it themselves in an interview a few weeks ago. And I personally will be thrilled when it happens...

Comment

Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
                                Instawatch hasn't included Disney titles up until now because Instawatch hasn't existed until now. It's only about a week old for heaven's sake! Indiana Jones shows up on Instwatch - is that a strong indication they will soon be UV? And the behind the scenes technical hints, which was the mention of Disney in the page's code, has since been removed.

And yes, Maleficent is on the redeem page now, as opposed to after it drops. So are ALL titles sold by Vudu. Non-UV titles are on the redemption page. Titles that have not been released yet are on the redemption page.

Make no mistake, I have no doubt it's a question of "when" not "if". Heck, Disney said it themselves in an interview a few weeks ago. And I personally will be thrilled when it happens...
                                I agree with you that attempting to read tea leaves from titles appearing and vanishing from redemption pages is into the realm of wishful thinking.

To me, the prospect of being able to view a Disney Studios title which I had in iTunes from my Vudu account via a key chest back end is something to be excited about. I do not think anyone is disputing that will soon occur.

When exactly is speculation, but 11/4 is a possibility...

Comment

Working...
                                X