Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Is Disney coming out with a bunch more Digital Copy Plus codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Disney coming out with a bunch more Digital Copy Plus codes

So excited. I just verified and I have 30 in DMA, but 15 of those are already in Vudu. So looks like I will gain 15 movies. Awesome. It will be so nice being able to browse on my TV and click play instead of searching the shelf and skipping old previews.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt-Cupcake View Post
      The question is, will is be backwards compatible? Will movies that I owned on Itunes and were ported over to DMA also be ported to Vudu? Because that would be The Muppets (2011) and all the Marvel movies except Iron Man 1.
      It should. The ToU say that movies added to DMA from one retailer would be available on all other retailers, as long as the accounts remain linked. When DMA started, I had my iTunes account with about 25-30 Disney movies, all from Blu-rays and SD copies of the movies. I also had a DMR account, with only one eligible movie associated with it. When I activated DMA and linked my iTunes account, all of the movies were in my DMA account and my iTunes account, and all were upgraded to HD. So, presumably if all goes well, my now ~40 movies from DMA (25-30 initially from iTunes in SD) should add to Vudu in HDX, and my ~5 movies from Vudu should be listed in my DMA account.

This should apply to anything purchased on iTunes as well, however, you will probably not see a bump from SD to HD(HDX), but if you happen to purchase Iron Man 1 on iTunes, it'll port over to Vudu in whatever quality you purchased the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
        It looks that way.

In my DMA collection, I have six;
        1. Bedtime Stories
        2. The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian
        3. Oz The Great And Powerful
        4. The Sorcerer's Apprentice
        5. Up
        6. WALL-E

I am expecting to get them all into Vudu once I can link the two together. Check your DMA collection. I would suspect you would get them all into Vudu too.
        You didn't get the free Incredibles version when you linked your DMA & iTunes accounts? Or did you just not link them?

I actually have quite a few that I don't have on Vudu yet:

Avengers
        Brave
        A Bug's Life
        Captain America: The First Avenger
        Finding Nemo
        Incredibles
        Iron Man 2
        Monsters Inc.
        Peter Pan
        Thor
        Toy Story
        Toy Story 2
        Toy Story 3
        Wall-E
        Up

Comment

...missed it.

You know the Toy Story Trilogy is the highest rated ever by tomatometer?

#1 = 100%, #2 = 100%, #3 = 99%. A score of one hundred is a rarity and it has two, plus a ninety-nine.

Hurumph!

Comment

I hope the vaulted titles move over. I am so close to completing my collection. Can't wait for 101 Dalmations to come out of the vault in February

Comment

I wonder if when VUDU joins DMA they will finally have titles for sale that are now only for rent, and if most of the SD titles will be upgraded to HD, because iTunes has almost all of them for sale in HD. The following are a few examples of movies that are only available for rent in SD on vudu but are for sale in HD on itunes.

Holes
              Mighty Ducks
              The Princess Diaries
              George of the Jungle
              The Lizzie McGuire Movie
              Signs
              Armageddon
              National Treasure

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                I wonder if when VUDU joins DMA they will finally have titles for sale that are now only for rent, and if most of the SD titles will be upgraded to HD, because iTunes has almost all of them for sale in HD. The following are a few examples of movies that are only available for rent in SD on vudu but are for sale in HD on itunes.

Holes
                Mighty Ducks
                The Princess Diaries
                George of the Jungle
                The Lizzie McGuire Movie
                Signs
                Armageddon
                National Treasure
                would be great. I would add to this O Brother Where Art Thou. A movie I have wanted in my collection since the start.

I was rummaging through my DVDs this afternoon. I was able to add another title, Bolt, to my DMA collection from a digital copy insert. That brings my additions up to seven once the link can be made...

Comment

Originally posted by vanton619 View Post
                  It should. The ToU say that movies added to DMA from one retailer would be available on all other retailers, as long as the accounts remain linked. When DMA started, I had my iTunes account with about 25-30 Disney movies, all from Blu-rays and SD copies of the movies. I also had a DMR account, with only one eligible movie associated with it. When I activated DMA and linked my iTunes account, all of the movies were in my DMA account and my iTunes account, and all were upgraded to HD. So, presumably if all goes well, my now ~40 movies from DMA (25-30 initially from iTunes in SD) should add to Vudu in HDX, and my ~5 movies from Vudu should be listed in my DMA account.

This should apply to anything purchased on iTunes as well, however, you will probably not see a bump from SD to HD(HDX), but if you happen to purchase Iron Man 1 on iTunes, it'll port over to Vudu in whatever quality you purchased the movie.
                  Correct, except the ToU actually says existing licenses will remain on both sides once you unlink; only new licenses won't carry over (duh).

When I first joined DMA and linked my iTunes account, I had several eligible titles redeemed in both iTunes (from discs in SD) & DMR, others redeemed in both Vudu (DC+) & DMR, and a few redeemed only in DMR (GF borrowed them before I started redeeming the DCs); all of them showed up in both iTunes & DMA in HD. (I already owned The Incredibles so the freebie was meaningless to me; I don't have any purchased SD movies in iTunes.)

Presumably, once Vudu can be linked to DMA it'll work the same way: All eligible titles in your Vudu library will be added to DMA (and from there other providers -- not just iTunes, but reportedly Google Play will be joining alongside Vudu), and vice versa.

Comment

I think because it says "NEW" that it will not occur with the Maleficent release.
                    Even if it happens this week, it'll still be "new" on 12/9.

The copyright notice on DMA web pages now mentions Google Play, and if you visit DMA from an Android device it now offers a link to a DMA app on Google Play (not yet active). The first leaks of new DMA providers actually mentioned Google Play before adding Vudu. From that, I suspect we will see at least the long-awaited DMA Android app this week; that could very well be accompanied by Google Play and, yes, Vudu joining DMA.

Though it could be delayed till 12/9, I still think Vudu-DMA integration will launch either this week (11/4) or 11/18. 11/18 is particularly important because it allows for Thanksgiving promos by both Disney & DMA vendors for both GotG (digital exclusive till 12/9) & Frozen Sing-Along Edition (HD version exclusive to digital).

Comment

would be great. I would add to this O Brother Where Art Thou. A movie I have wanted in my collection since the start.
                      At present Touchstone & Hollywood Pictures titles are not part of DMA; that doesn't mean they won't be in the future. Only Disney-branded (including Pixar) & Marvel titles are currently in DMA.

Comment

the keychest system works like UVVU in that sharing behavior. At least that is the expectation.

After the announcement DMA is teasing on their facebook page, the threee will be iTunes, GooglePlay, & Vudu. The titles purchased on any one of the three will pass through the keychest back end to be available for playback on the other two. This is the same as DECE.

This is all well and good, but the problem I see is we are now officially in a digital rights locker format war with one rouge studio preventing a single user expirence. That leads to decreased acceptance and added complexity.

I am excited to get titles that were previously only available for playback via my AppleTV into my Vudu library, but it looks like the battle lines are drawn for a protracted format war between DECE and key chest and that is just an annoyance in my book.

Originally posted by RBBrittain View Post
                        Even if it happens this week, it'll still be "new" on 12/9.

The copyright notice on DMA web pages now mentions Google Play, and if you visit DMA from an Android device it now offers a link to a DMA app on Google Play (not yet active). The first leaks of new DMA providers actually mentioned Google Play before adding Vudu. From that, I suspect we will see at least the long-awaited DMA Android app this week; that could very well be accompanied by Google Play and, yes, Vudu joining DMA.

Though it could be delayed till 12/9, I still think Vudu-DMA integration will launch either this week (11/4) or 11/18. 11/18 is particularly important because it allows for Thanksgiving promos by both Disney & DMA vendors for both GotG (digital exclusive till 12/9) & Frozen Sing-Along Edition (HD version exclusive to digital).
                        good points. most likely b4 black friday...

Comment

Originally posted by Katomine View Post
                          I hope the vaulted titles move over. I am so close to completing my collection. Can't wait for 101 Dalmations to come out of the vault in February
                          If DMA's launch with iTunes is any indication, Vault titles will move over as long as you have a valid Digital Copy (disc-based, DC+, or purchased) registered in DMR, iTunes and/or Vudu. Eligible Vault titles with DCs in their physical copies include:
                          • Beauty and the Beast (3D version only, disc-based)
                          • The Lion King (3D & trilogy boxset versions, disc-based)
                          • Lady and the Tramp (gold-bordered version only, disc-based)
                          • Cinderella (gold-oval version only, disc-based)
                          • Peter Pan (gold-bordered & DVD/DC versions, disc-based)
                          • The Little Mermaid (3D, gold-oval & DVD/DC versions, DC+)
                          • The Jungle Book (all Blu-rays, DC+)
                          • Sleeping Beauty (all Diamond Edition Blu-rays, DC+)
                          Like The Jungle Book and the new version of Sleeping Beauty, all Blu-ray copies of 101 Dalmatians are expected to have DCs, and thus will be eligible for DMA. (It's unclear if DC+ will still be around in February; I suspect Disney wants to move all DC+ providers over to DMA ASAP.)

Comment

the keychest system works like UVVU in that sharing behavior. At least that is the expectation.

After the announcement DMA is teasing on their facebook page, the threee will be iTunes, GooglePlay, & Vudu. The titles purchased on any one of the three will pass through the keychest back end to be available for playback on the other two. This is the same as DECE.

This is all well and good, but the problem I see is we are now officially in a digital rights locker format war with one rouge studio preventing a single user expirence. That leads to decreased acceptance and added complexity.

I am excited to get titles that were previously only available for playback via my AppleTV into my Vudu library, but it looks like the battle lines are drawn for a protracted format war between DECE and key chest and that is just an annoyance in my book.

good points. most likely b4 black friday...
                            I just looked at the DMA Facebook page; that makes a Tuesday announcement even more likely.

I respectfully disagree with you on the "format war" front, because nothing prevents retailers from joining both UV & DMA. In fact, the split between DMA & UV actually plays into Vudu's hands, because Vudu will apparently be the first retailer to join both sharing platforms. For many Vudu users, the "format war" will be nothing more than one-time links to DMA for Disney movies & UV for everyone else; Vudu already supports most of the platforms used by existing UV and/or DMA vendors (AFAIK the biggest exceptions are Apple TV and some Amazon devices). I think it will be "protracted", but only a minor annoyance.

Edit: Not to mention that with DMA's Android app (hopefully joined by other platforms), plus the UVPlayer apps expected once CFF launches, consumers will be able to stream or download movies directly from DMA or UV and bypass the retailer. It'll be harder than one app, but I have a feeling consumers will understand DMA is Disney while UV is everyone else.
                            Last edited by RBBrittain; 11-02-2014, 06:36 AM. Reason: Expand

Comment

Nothing prevented retailers from selling both HD-DVD and Bluray Discs, but it introduced complexity. The studios and consumers are both best served from a single standard.

In this case, I agree with you that it is a rather small issue.

Maybe it will result in a good-cop / bad-cop drama that helps to raise awareness for streaming personal libraries. Who knows..

Comment

While I would certainly love for every studio to just offer full UV support, I think that DMA joining with Vudu will be a great thing. It will draw attention to Vudu that will lead people to explore what else this site has to offer. The more they can get people to understand the benefits of a streaming library, the better it will be for everyone. I would expect Target Ticket to try and follow Vudu's lead as soon as they can.

I really hope that Amazon follows with an UV announcement shortly thereafter. If that happens, we could see the UV floodgates really open. I work with a lot of film makers & students, and it amazes me how almost none of them know about UltraViolet. As frustrating as the slow trickle of changes can be at times, I really feel we are on the verge of breakthrough of UV going completely mainstream.

Comment

Working...
                                X