Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Is Vudu not compatible with Roku anymore...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Vudu not compatible with Roku anymore...?

Seems like at some point at the beginning of the week something changed with Vudu's interface and now the Roku app is buggy beyond hell. I now have to try several times just to get the app to open. It keeps getting hung up on the start up page. THEN when I am finally able to get into the app, it's almost impossible to get a movie to load. I'm using a current generation Roku stick yet the Vudu app is now sluggish and often unresponsive. Movies take a long time to load and start playing in SD. If I try changing quality, fast forward, rewind, or skip back a few secs the app locks up and I get an error message telling me to try again later. If Vudu is no longer compatible with streaming then I'd like to be refunded for all non-Movies Anywhere titles that I've purchased over the years from Vudu. If they are no longer viewable then I should be entitled to a refund, eh? Sounds fair.

my parents bought the Roku 4k stick at black friday..... Vudu played horribly on it, wouldn't load anything...... but their Roku 3 and Roku Express played just fine.......... so they took it back and bought the roku ultra and now there is no buffering at all....... might be a coincidence but maybe the Roku stick just has wifi issues - interference with the hdmi etc...

Comment

The Roku stick has always had issue with it's WiFi connection stability. Better off getting a Roku STB, much better experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mok77 View Post
        Seems like at some point at the beginning of the week something changed with Vudu's interface and now the Roku app is buggy beyond hell. I now have to try several times just to get the app to open. It keeps getting hung up on the start up page. THEN when I am finally able to get into the app, it's almost impossible to get a movie to load. I'm using a current generation Roku stick yet the Vudu app is now sluggish and often unresponsive. Movies take a long time to load and start playing in SD. If I try changing quality, fast forward, rewind, or skip back a few secs the app locks up and I get an error message telling me to try again later. If Vudu is no longer compatible with streaming then I'd like to be refunded for all non-Movies Anywhere titles that I've purchased over the years from Vudu. If they are no longer viewable then I should be entitled to a refund, eh? Sounds fair.
        Could you give me the model number of the Roku Stick you're having trouble with? I'll set it up in the office to see if I have similar issues.

Comment

Last 2 days i've been having with Vudu on my Roku2 stb too. Getting Vudu to load takes way too long. When it does load, making selections is a nightmare - gets hung up on any title i select and after I've moved on to another title or category, the prior selection will finally appear, knocking out the item I've moved on to. Not having issues with any other apps on this Roku2 stb. I even reset the linked wifi network on the Roku and bounced my router; didn't help the issues.

Comment

I'm using three different Roku (3600x) sticks and a Roku 2 (2720x). All other apps work fine. Vudu is the only app that is giving me problems. Never had any trouble until this recent interface change about a week-ish ago. Even the speed test thingy in the Vudu setting menu only works half the time. Either max signal or nothing at all....IF I can even get the app to open. The app doesn't open at all on my Roku 2 anymore. Now I can never can get past the "Running VUDU Movies..." screen. Feels like Vudu has been downgraded to dial-up speeds.

Comment

Ditto what mok77 reported! Vudu is problematic on all my various Roku devices, but it's become almost impossible to access on Roku2. Having impossible time using vudu app on my android (LG Stylo3) as well. Have to access vudu via browser. The clocking and constant "running vudu movies" message when trying to open vudu - esp on Roku2 has become so bad that my family and I have stopped trying to access Vudu and have been using other apps for viewing. This is unfortunate - while our digital library on Vudu of UV titles can be viewed via FandangoNow (many, not all UV titles), our large selection of Vudu-only content can't be viewed elsewhere. I understand from @Jake and FelipeF that these problems are being investigated and information has been forwarded to QA and engineering. Also was advised that many devices installed releases/code that may have caused this negative interaction with the Vudu app.

Comment

Add another one, Roku 3600 has worked flawlessly up until this interface change. Having the same problems as everyone else. It was quick as a fox and worked flawlessly prior to this "upgrade". Well done on yet another flop.

Comment

Originally posted by nugent View Post
                  Add another one, Roku 3600 has worked flawlessly up until this interface change. Having the same problems as everyone else. It was quick as a fox and worked flawlessly prior to this "upgrade". Well done on yet another flop.
                  Did you have a case open with our support team for this issue? I'd like to get a little more info about your setup and exactly what you're seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post

Did you have a case open with our support team for this issue? I'd like to get a little more info about your setup and exactly what you're seeing.
                    I responded to your PM questions with specific details.

No, I didn't open a case since it seemed to be a documented issue with the latest update based on comments in this thread.
                    I just assumed it was being worked on since it seems to be rather common.

Comment

I?ve had issues with Vudu on my 4K Roku box since the update as well. My wishlist was scrambled with no way to sort it back to a-z.

Comment

Well...everything seemed to work fine for a few days, there ....but now I'm getting lots of error messages when trying to play titles again. I've noticed that whenever a movies loads with the four animated dots, I'm more than likely gonna get an error message. When a movie loads with the spinning circle, it loads and plays fine. "Movies on Us" titles have always been problematic. They've always loaded with the animated dots. Up until recently, all purchased movies would successfully load with the spinning circle. Now, it seems that almost all movies (purchases and "On Us" free movies) load with the dots.....well, it at least attempts to load. It's a 40/60 chance a movie will actually play. If they load the the circle then I grin ear-to-ear and grab my popcorn because it's go time! The lag issues in the menus seem to be fixed. They're much more responsive than they were before.

Comment

I have a Roku 4 and I can't even get the Vudu app to load since the interface change. I'm seriously debating on getting an Apple TV and just switching over to Apple. They have WAY more 4K content than Vudu anyway.

Comment

the vudu app on my parents Roku Ultra is unwatchable...... it will play for maybe a minute then will buffer - its been doing this since yesterday...... I had to put the "Movies Anywhere" app on there for them to watch the movie they were trying to watch on vudu...

Edit: ... for whatever reason it's working again...

Comment

Vudu is completely unusable now on Roku. I love investing hundreds of dollars into a movie library that I can't even access. I think I'm going back to bit torrenting movies. Much more reliable ...and cheaper!

Comment

Working...
                              X