Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

All day with the buffering, can't watch any of my movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All day with the buffering, can't watch any of my movies

...I neglected to mention, I have a NETGEAR N600 WiFi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (C3700) directly connected to the coax feed, making it a one device interconnection. Also, as previously mentioned, I have all my TVs connected via catagory five / RJ-45. No WiFi is in my streaming paths except for connecting to portable devices.

Comment

Just to touch on a few topics that have been brought up in this thread.

Buffering is a frustrating issue to encounter to say the least. I've worked a majority of the cases on these forums. Most, not all, are solved by walking the customer through adjusting their home network settings. If you call our support team, the first place for them to start is with your network. This isn't to assign blame to your ISP or your network, it's a starting point. If troubleshooting doesn't help, we try to take a deeper look at what's going on with the issue. It can take sometime to figure out, but you should always start a ticket so we can track the issue for you.

Comment

I actually just stopped in here to see if anybody else are having the problems I've been having the last few days and yes, it seems they are.

Without getting into models numbers, etc, I have top of the line equipment and easily get 50mbps. I'm wired via Ethernet and trying both a Roku and PS4 I can barely get 1.5mbps through Vudu. Haven't been able to watch anything since Saturday. All other services run fine - only Vudu is experiencing this.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
          Just to touch on a few topics that have been brought up in this thread.

Buffering is a frustrating issue to encounter to say the least. I've worked a majority of the cases on these forums. Most, not all, are solved by walking the customer through adjusting their home network settings. If you call our support team, the first place for them to start is with your network. This isn't to assign blame to your ISP or your network, it's a starting point. If troubleshooting doesn't help, we try to take a deeper look at what's going on with the issue. It can take sometime to figure out, but you should always start a ticket so we can track the issue for you.
          Thanks for the info, but I really don't think it's my equipment/setup. As every other streaming service I have is working just fine. And I am getting the same issue here at work on my computer. Which makes me think the problem is on Vudu's end of things.

Comment

Originally posted by stryperrocks67 View Post
            I am sorry, I know some folks are trying to defend Vudu..but I don't see how.
            I don't see people trying to defend Vudu but people being quick to make assumptions about the root cause without knowing more about the specific problem. Just because some people are having some issues doesn't automatically mean it's a issue with a specific streaming provider. It might but not necessarily. There are lots of variables that can affect the streaming quality at any given moment.

What I do know is that I've seen many instances over time where people have been quick to blame a specific video provider whether it be Vudu, Netflix, etc., without knowing the specific cause. I can say that I've rarely, if ever, experience streaming issues and I've used many different platforms (Roku 2, Roku 3, Roku Stick, PS3, PS4, computer/laptop, etc.) in different geographic areas (i.e. different states) with different service providers (Comcast, TWC, BrightHouse, etc.). I don't know, maybe I've just been extremely lucky.

https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport/

http://orlandolocal.com/google-calls...deo-service/#/

Comment

Just to throw my experience with this issue into the mix, I too have been having streaming issues. Just tonight my family was trying to watch the new Transformers and it kept freezing up every couple minutes. My ISP uses fiber optics and my speed test is between 23 and 29 mbps. I also am running it to my TV via Chromecast.

To test my system, I switched to Netflix and it had not streaming problem. I also tried my Flixster app and it worked fine as well. So my guess is that Vudu is doing something differently than the others to be having them issues. I have yet to call CS but think I will tomorrow.

But, does anyone know how to test the speed of my Chromecast to be sure that is not the bottleneck?

Thanks

Comment

I was unable to watch the Walking Dead last night due to buffering. That is two days in a row. I have entered a ticket, but so far I have not heard anything. I am trying to watch a movie I purchased yesterday morning and it's still buffering.

I powered off my Roku device and when it started back up I was able to watch my movie.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                  I don't see people trying to defend Vudu but people being quick to make assumptions about the root cause without knowing more about the specific problem. Just because some people are having some issues doesn't automatically mean it's a issue with a specific streaming provider. It might but not necessarily. There are lots of variables that can affect the streaming quality at any given moment.

What I do know is that I've seen many instances over time where people have been quick to blame a specific video provider whether it be Vudu, Netflix, etc., without knowing the specific cause. I can say that I've rarely, if ever, experience streaming issues and I've used many different platforms (Roku 2, Roku 3, Roku Stick, PS3, PS4, computer/laptop, etc.) in different geographic areas (i.e. different states) with different service providers (Comcast, TWC, BrightHouse, etc.). I don't know, maybe I've just been extremely lucky.

https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport/

http://orlandolocal.com/google-calls...deo-service/#/
                  It's great to have never had an issue streaming VUDU. Maybe there is a "I got not issue" praise thread somewhere.

If users can stream Netflix and Hulu and CinemaNow and Flixster and Target Ticket etc, but not VUDU we should still blame our ISP's? Being able to stream all those others at the very same time indicates a problem at VUDU (you would think). It's not my ISP when this happens:

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
                  If not VUDU can you explain my real time concurrent test last night?

753 kbps per speedtest.vudu.com

and

26.04 Mbps from speedtest.net

If my ISP rated a healthy 26.04 Mbps then why did VUDU rate a useless 753 kbps at the exact same time?
                  Last Saturday I even changed ISP's and got the same buffering. Same movie was constant buffering via COMCAST and Verizon mobile.

Comment

It's great to have never had an issue streaming VUDU. Maybe there is a "I got not issue" praise thread somewhere.

If users can stream Netflix and Hulu and CinemaNow and Flixster and Target Ticket etc, but not VUDU we should still blame our ISP's? Being able to stream all those others at the very same time indicates a problem at VUDU (you would think). It's not my ISP when this happens:

Last Saturday I even changed ISP's and got the same buffering. Same movie was constant buffering via COMCAST and Verizon mobile.
                    All data is relevant so how about we post that here too.

What I'm saying is there are a lot of different variables between the user and the service provider (i.e. Vudu). The issue could be somewhere in between the user and the provider. If so, then the problem isn't on Vudu's end. However, it would affect the Vudu service. When you use Netflix, Hulu, etc. those services are unlikely to travel the exact same path as when using Vudu. Not to mention it was already reported that Netflix caved to various cable providers and paid to get preferential treatment.

Everyone is saying the issue is on Vudu's end and maybe it is. However, how does that explain those that aren't experiencing an issue? Those that aren't experiencing problems are much less likely to post such on forums such as these compared to people that are having issues. Those having issues could be the majority or they might be a very small minority.

The issue needs to be resolved obviously but it can only be resolved by identifying the root cause and having whoever is responsible for said system fix the issue which may or may not be Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                      The issue needs to be resolved obviously but it can only be resolved by identifying the root cause and having whoever is responsible for said system fix the issue which may or may not be Vudu.
                      I hear what you are saying, but it would be nice to at least hear from Vudu acknowledging that there may be a problem. And I am not bashing Vudu...It is my go to service and has been since day one. I just find it very frustrating that when problems like this pop up, and they do for every service/electronic device out there, nobody ever steps up to the plate and says there may be a problem. It is always assumed that it is on the users end of things.

Comment

I hate to sound like a broken record, but how about posting an MTR? It will end speculation.

Kids had election day off. Two TVs lit almost all day watching Vudu mostly. No buffering issues. I asked them. All were 1080p titles.

Comment

Here's the bottom line...

It CLEARLY is not an issue with anyone's ISP. That is a definite. When your ISP checks out your signal and modem and everything is fine, and when every other service is working perfectly, you can't pin the problem on an ISP.

If you go thru this thread, as well as the Networking section, you will see countless posts by people about the buffering issue. All of us have different ISPs, different connection methods, different playback devices, etc etc. So the issue is also CLEARLY not because of something on the user end. Especially not an issue due to what cables someone uses or what type of modem they have.

Now....Vudu..

Even if it isn't a direct problem on their end, it is a problem that is affecting JUST their customers. So doesn't it fall on their shoulders to find out what is going on ?

I don't have the issue all the time...in fact, it happens pretty rarely. But when every other service is running fine, and your ISP is not having issues, there is no excuse for it to happen at all. And some people do have this issue all the time.

Bottom line, they need to find the issue and see if they can come up with a solution. Whether it is their fault or not.

Comment

in California, Verizon has failed to increase their interconnection through-put with L(3) communications as an attempt to introduce a choke point for Netflix users.

This is identified with MTR easily.

In that case, all Netflix users in an area have periodic degradation of service, but it is not something Netflix can fix. L(3) is petitioning Verizion and other internet authorities to have the matter corrected.

Hope this helps & I sincerely wish you all get it hammered out. I feel guilty that I just watched Maleficent in 1080p w/o any buffering and apparently you all do not have the same level of service.

Comment

It's not always as cut and dry. In this example, some people were having issues accessing Blu-ray.com but they were able to access other sites just fine so was it a Blu-ray.com issue? It turn out that all of those experiencing issues were using AT&T U-verse. One might ask why those individuals were able to access other sites just fine but not Blu-ray.com.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=240370a

Comment

Rdodolak the issue here though is people from all over the US with different Internet providers different speeds, different modems are all experiencing this issue. It wouldn't be so bad but we keep getting the same canned response from Dan that just log a ticket and they will find the issue. This obviously is not the issue at hand. It's occums razor the simplest solution is the best answer. So we have all these members complaining of constant buffering they live all over and different providers and all claim they get other streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Flixster ....... Just fine but what is the common denominator in all these cases is it only happens with Vudu and Vudu only. Yet we complain on their forum about this issue and we get no answer what so ever except file a ticket and Vudu tech support will find the issue with "your" system.

Never once have we heard we will investigate this matter and see if we can find if the issue is on our end and try to rectify the problems we all are having. Nope just the same old it's our problem and not Vudu and no explanation as to why other streaming providers have no such issue when testing out our systems except with Vudu.

In another thread a member was complaining about losing movies and Dan responded to check to see if he had any filters on when the problem has been discussed in many threads in the past two weeks and the issue is with UVVU dot com and for some reason accounts becoming randomly unlinked. Simple solution is to go to UVVU and just relink your account but Dan says to check filters WTH. It's like Dan is under legal obligation to never utter the words "it may be our fault and we will look into it" or "many members are having this issue and we don't know why but try relinking your account.

I understand Dan goes thru a lot here and is more than patient but when you have 100 members all say the same thing and the only common factor causing the issues is Vudu it doesn't leave much to figure out that the issue may just be with Vudu and maybe letting us loyal customers who pay good money for this service to get an honest answer and an explanation. Instead it's log a ticket and someone may be able to help with "your" issue. It's frustrating at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X