atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Purchased Maleficent yesterday and it included the 2d and 3d version but not anymore?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Purchased Maleficent yesterday and it included the 2d and 3d version but not anym

    Thanks for your help Daniel, greatly appreciated!

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Purchased Maleficent yesterday and it included the 2d and 3d version but not anym

      Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
      No, it should not have been just taken away, that is truly wrong. As I see it, and from experience, there were two options.

      1. Leave it alone, chalk it up to a error, and a benefit to the customer.
      2. Refund the full purchase and inform the customer by email. Vudu could have even gone above and beyond an offered a $4.99 credit towards the Maleficient 3D bundle, or make it valid on anything.

      **Price mistakes happen a lot online. Sometimes retailers honor them, but most of the time they don't.
      Don't agree with the second one. If this was anything physical once you left the location that's. They wouldn't call the credit card company to try and get your address to show up at your house and force the police to take it back from you.

      Not a lawyer but if it was purchased at the price it was advertised then you have to honor it UNLESS a retraction was published BEFORE the purchase but after the advertising.

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Purchased Maleficent yesterday and it included the 2d and 3d version but not anym

        I actually e-mailed customer support on this issue. No luck. They told me that I didn't purchase the 3D version and that I purchased the Theatrical version which isn't accurate at all. I purchased a Maleficent bundle that was advertised on Vudu for 19.99 that included the HDX version, the 3D version and the bonus features.

        My case # is Incident: 141107-000290

        I would actually prefer getting a refund as this entire situation left me a bit sour. Not cool that movies are just able to *poof* vanish from my collection that I paid for. Regardless if it's in the TOS or not.

        Any help would be appreciated!

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Purchased Maleficent yesterday and it included the 2d and 3d version but not anym

          Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
          Don't agree with the second one. If this was anything physical once you left the location that's. They wouldn't call the credit card company to try and get your address to show up at your house and force the police to take it back from you.

          Not a lawyer but if it was purchased at the price it was advertised then you have to honor it UNLESS a retraction was published BEFORE the purchase but after the advertising.
          I do a lot of online shoping and # 2 comes into play all of the time, and ususally it is just cancelled, with no credit. Amazon, Home Depot, WalMart, Lowes, Staples, Office Depot, Best Buy and others have all canceled my order in the past claiming a price mistake. The one big difference here though, as you mentioned, that with Vudu, you get the purchase instantally. You don't have to wait for it to be processed or shipped.

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Purchased Maleficent yesterday and it included the 2d and 3d version but not anym

            Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
            I do a lot of online shoping and # 2 comes into play all of the time, and ususally it is just cancelled, with no credit. Amazon, Home Depot, WalMart, Lowes, Staples, Office Depot, Best Buy and others have all canceled my order in the past claiming a price mistake. The one big difference here though, as you mentioned, that with Vudu, you get the purchase instantally. You don't have to wait for it to be processed or shipped.
            Yes, the big issue here is that Vudu gave the movie for the purchase price and completed the transaction. They then decided they didn't like the price they sold it at and repossessed the item. This could not happen for non digital goods. This is not the typical price mistake cancelation where the order is canceled before the item shipped.

            If iTunes or Amazon did this it probably would have been picked up by social media and it would be all over the internet.

            Comment


              #21
              Re: Purchased Maleficent yesterday and it included the 2d and 3d version but not anym

              Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
              Yes, the big issue here is that Vudu gave the movie for the purchase price and completed the transaction. They then decided they didn't like the price they sold it at and repossessed the item. This could not happen for non digital goods. This is not the typical price mistake cancelation where the order is canceled before the item shipped.

              If iTunes or Amazon did this it probably would have been picked up by social media and it would be all over the internet.
              Reminds me of this. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/18/te...azon.html?_r=0

              Wasn't a huge deal, and Kindle still thrives, but I do remember it.

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Purchased Maleficent yesterday and it included the 2d and 3d version but not anym

                Well, Vudu does seem to be making it right for us now. I honestly didn't think it was a price mistake since they've sold some other 3D combos for just a couple bucks more in the past.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: Purchased Maleficent yesterday and it included the 2d and 3d version but not anym

                  I waited until just after midnight Nov 4th to purchase Maleficent. I was excited to be able to purchase the 2d/3d version for $22.99. Now I see the 3d is gone. I called customer support and was told I would have to spend 12.00 more to get what I originally bought for 22.99. The representative said it was a pricing error. However I bought it for 22.99 and vudu should honor it. I don't want a refund. I don't want credits unless it's in the amount for me to get the 2d/3d version. I was given case number 141113000797. Thank you for your prompt attention. By the way, I have bought over 270 movies. No problems till now. Kevin

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: Purchased Maleficent yesterday and it included the 2d and 3d version but not anym

                    Originally posted by Tall31guy View Post
                    I waited until just after midnight Nov 4th to purchase Maleficent. I was excited to be able to purchase the 2d/3d version for $22.99. Now I see the 3d is gone. I called customer support and was told I would have to spend 12.00 more to get what I originally bought for 22.99. The representative said it was a pricing error. However I bought it for 22.99 and vudu should honor it. I don't want a refund. I don't want credits unless it's in the amount for me to get the 2d/3d version. I was given case number 141113000797. Thank you for your prompt attention. By the way, I have bought over 270 movies. No problems till now. Kevin
                    I updated your case.
                    Dan H.
                    VUDU QA

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X